Saturday, January 14, 2012

Letter to (Nine Month Old) Graves

Dear Graves,

You are nine months old and so, so adorable.  You really are at a great stage- one with all the benefits of you being really expressive and truly starting to communicate in your own little way and without the constant vigilance that is required during the age of mobility. Especially on your really good days, I kind of wish I could freeze you for a bit, but then I think about your sister and all the fun that lies ahead for us.

You'll be going for your nine month check up next week, but last time we were in you weighed a bit over sixteen pounds.  You're starting to feel like a bowling ball, though, and my arm falls asleep when I carry you for very long.  I've packed up everything six mo. and under and you're getting close to outgrowing many of your nine mo. things.  It blows my brain and rocks my world to put you in twelve month things.  My little newborn is getting ever closer to a year as the calendar pages flip and the clock ticks.

You roll all around to get to where you want to go and you've learned to sit yourself up unassisted.  You're also doing a backwards crawl thing and I thing the real deal is not far off. Ann Peyton crawled at ten months and I can't imagine you'll be much different from the looks of things.  She got her first tooth at eleven months, and again, you seem to be following in her footsteps.  I adore your toothless grin, so teeth can wait!

You went from not really being interested in baby food to LOVING it and also being super interested in feeding yourself.  Having no teeth makes this a little hard, though.  You've had success with bananas and avocados and very, very soft cooked carrots.  And you still love you some Baby MumMums.

Your personality is growing increasingly adorable.  We had a first last week- you and your sister kept each other up at nap time not by wailing and fussing, but by giggling and "talking".  Y'all were cracking each other up and it was too precious for words.  You make a lot more noise these days and I love the little happy sounds you've started making.  I can't wait to hear what your little voice actually sounds like one day (I'm sure it will sound like an itty bitty Southern gentleman for sure!).

Graves, we love you so much and are so thankful for you.  You melt my heart and I fall more in love with you every day.  I can't wait to see what the next ones hold!

Love,
Momma (and Papa)

P.S. Your penguin stretchie is a 12 mo.

No comments: