Monday, January 9, 2012

Weekly Happenings Post #147 (January 2-8)-- Welcome Back, Predictable Routine!



We had a nice week last week and it was so good to be back in our routine. I've always known that I crave routine and predictability, but this December made it abundantly clear.  I really felt like I was about to jump out of my skin a lot of moments, but last week was SO much better!

Graves slept TWELVE hours on Sunday night.  He woke up and ate around 7:30 on Monday and then Peyton played with him a little.  Annie woke up and I got up around 8:30.  I took a bath and Peyton fixed breakfast and we had a pretty slow, easy morning.

 I got the kids ready and we took AP's monthly picture and our (late) weekly family picture and then we headed out to do errands.


We went to Kroger for groceries and then to the Mediterranean Cafe for some hummus.

 Wish I could relax that much at the grocery!

 I was so excited when I tried these.  I felt like I could nurse him until he was eight!  Obviously, there are a million other reasons I wouldn't do that.

We stopped at Wendy's to let AP use the potty and then Peyton got pulled over because his tag was expired.  We got a ticket :(  We headed home and I fixed Ann Peyton's lunch and nursed Graves.  Peyton left for work and I put the kids down for naps.  I put up groceries and cleaned out the whole fridge.  I even scooted it out a bit myself so I could take out some of the drawers to scrub them out.  I also moved Annie's play kitchen back into the kitchen.  I had to use one of Peyton's furniture hauling tricks- I put it on a blanket and scooted it.  Funny because he does that for armoires and stuff!  I got some laundry going and then had a snack and got on the Internet on my phone.  Graves woke up and then Ann Peyton did.  We got ready and went over to my parents' house.  My mom made tuna croquettes for dinner and we took some food to their neighbor whose husband just passed away.  I also helped my mom clean out some the stuff that's still in my old closet over there.  We got home and I put the kids right to bed.  I got on the computer and sent a few Facebook messages and worked on a couple of posts and then I started cooking some soup (from a mix) for supper.  Peyton got home and we talked and I finished up Annie's letter.

Peyton worked Tuesday morning and the Graves woke up around the time he left. AP had had a bad dream and was still asleep in our bed.  I nursed Graves and changed his pajamas because his diaper had leaked (it was a disposable!).  I changed his bedding, feed him solids, and then decided to go ahead and bath him.  I tried to put him back down for a nap, but it was still too early, so he played while I straightened up.  I put him down for a nap and since Annie was still sleeping, I was going to crawl back in bed, too for a few minutes.  She started to wake up, though, so I decided not to.  I cleaned the tub and toilet in our bathroom and then took a bath.  Annie woke up and I got ready and made the bed.  Graves woke up from his nap and we all finished getting ready and I nursed him and we left to meet the Howies for lunch.

We went to Beagle Bagel and lunch was interesting.  Actually, lunch was fine...but afterward we all went to the bathroom and it was kind of a circus.  Ann Peyton kept going to the potty like several times.  Carrie and I were still talking, so I let her.  Then Aubrey started trying to hold her hand and she didn't want to hold hands so she gave Aubrey a "mean look".  That really didn't sit well with Aubrey.  Ha!  Anyway, Annie pulled off her shoes and tights and started to put her head in the toilet! At that point, we knew it was time to leave.  Carrie and I were both sweating; it was so hot in there.  I feel so weird typing all this...how did all this happen in the bathroom? The Howies left and I tried to get AP to come on.  She kept saying she had to potty, but then nothing happened.  Finally, I told her we HAD to go.  She threw herself (literally) on the floor and sobbed.  I had to put Graves down on the nasty floor just to get her to put her panties and shoes on (I didn't even worry about the tights).  It's times like that that I think I should still be hauling him in in that heavy carrier!  We finally got to the car and she bucked and fought me getting into her car seat.

Graves fell asleep on the way home, but I tried to put them both down for naps.  She fell asleep pretty fast, but Graves wasn't ready since he got that car cat nap.  I kept him up and just played on Twitter and had a snack. I got him down finally and Peyton got home about twenty minutes later. We chatted and then had to wake up Annie. Graves woke up a bit later and Peyton read to them while I did stuff around the house and worked on a post.  I fed Graves solids and AP ate dinner and we put them to bed and Peyton ran to the grocery store for something.  I finished up my blog post and then cooked some Tilapia and asparagus for supper.  While it was cooking, I unloaded/reloaded dishes and pureed Graves some carrots I had cooked earlier in the week.  Peyton and I started watching a documentary on FDR and I fell asleep on the couch.

I moved to the bed at some point and Graves woke up once at some point.  I think he was just cold, but I couldn't get him back to sleep easily and I'm a sucker so I just fed him.

The kids both woke up around 7:45 after Peyton left on Wednesday.  I nursed Graves and then we all played and snuggled in the bed for a bit and then I changed everyone and fed Graves solids.  I organized some stuff in their room while they played and started laundry.  I put a fresh sheet on Graves's bed and it was tighter than our other ones.  I noticed that there was a pretty significant space between the end of the mattress at the bottom and the crib (I could fit my hand in it and turn it around...not like slide my hand down between it, but like slide it and turn it all around). That made me nervous, so I turned on the old AngelCare monitor and called Peyton and he said we'd figure out something when he got home.  I put Graves down for his morning nap late and he slept a really long time.  I took a bath while AP watched Elmo and wasted some time on Twitter and Facebook.  She and I ate lunch (grilled bologna for me...yay!) and I cleaned up the kitchen a bit and started working on our finances.  Graves woke up and I put AP down.  Not the most desirable...but whatever.  I worked on our finances some more and tried to feed Graves the carrots.  They weren't pureed enough, so I ended up having to redo that bowl and then he wasn't even really interested.  I finished working on finances and folded some laundry and then woke AP up and we headed to my parents' house by way of Sonic.  I tried a strawberry limeade per Cookie's suggestion and it wasn't as good as the cherry.  We picked up my mom and went to Leap Frog (my favorite consignment store) to find a few things for the kids because they are both outgrowing their Winter stuff.  I found several things and then we went back to my parents' house.

 My baby in 12-18 mo. overalls and an 18 mo. shirt.  I tweeted the picture with a similar caption and SEVERAL people commented they thought it was going to be AP.  Ha!

We didn't stay long and when we got home, Peyton played with the kids and we talked and then I got on the computer for a while.  We had leftovers after the kids went to bed and stayed up too late.

Thursday was our first day back at Mother's Day Out and I woke up with a terrible headache.  That made for a long day.  We ended up staying for lunch and by the time we left I was just done.  We got home and I had managed to keep both kids awake in the car. I assumed they'd both fall asleep easily.  Um, no.  Neither did.  They did play happily for about an hour in their beds, though, and we had a first- they kept each other up not with crying and screaming, but with laughing and "talking". If I hadn't been so darn tired and felt so bad, it would have been really cute.  I mean it was really cute, but ugh. I laid down in bed but they kept needing things (books!potty!paci!) and then Graves got fussy.  I tried to nurse him again, but it didn't help, so I just got him up and played with him and then fed him solids.  Annie never fell asleep either and I ended p putting them both in bed with me and we all just watched Elmo.  Elliot came over to work on the laundry room floor and Peyton called to say he was going to be late.  UGH, I had really hoped for a few minutes before we had to be back at the church.  I got us all ready and Peyton met us in the driveway.  I had a UMW circle meeting and he was going to watch the kids in the nursery.  The meeting went well (one of the ladies from the "older generation" circles talked and it was all about making sure we took care of ourselves and took personal time out of each day). I felt better after the meeting.  We put the kids right to bed and I finished a blog post and read blogs.  I read my Bible and went to bed.

Graves woke up around 7:45 and talked to himself until about eight on Friday.  Annie had woke up screaming in the early morning and she was still snoozing in our bed. I nursed Graves, got him dressed, fed him solids and then started cooking some vegetables.  I cooked black eyed peas for a recipe I was going to try later in the week, green beans to puree for Graves, and some edamame because Annie loves it. AP woke up screaming (for a cupcake that had fallen on the ground on the way home from church the night before, ha!) and I asked her if she wanted to get up or if she was still tired.  She said she was still tired and fell back asleep until around nine.  I finished up with the vegetables and unloaded and loaded the dishwasher.  Ann Peyton got up and I started laundry and took out the trash and then put Graves down for his nap.  I took a bath and got ready and played on the Internet on my phone a bit.  Graves woke up and I straightened the house some and then took the kids outside.  We stayed our for close to an hour and then came in for lunch.  While they were eating, I pureed the green beans and made some of the carrots a little thinner.  I put the kids down for naps and washed dishes, changed over laundry, and got on the computer.

Peyton got home and we got the kids up and got ready to go to the park.  When we got there, we saw my friend Kellie from MDO and then we ran into Morgan and her girls and some of her friends, the Blairs.  They were all going out to eat after the park and invited us to join them.  We decided to forgo beans for the week and take them up on the offer!  We went to Aladdin, which I used to not like (bad pregnancy experience!), but it was really good and the kids did great- all SIX of them!  The Blairs were going back to Morgan and Haydn's house afterward and they invited us to go, too.  Peyton was supposed to work out with his brother and it had fallen through several times, so he said he'd pass.  I wasn't going to go, but it was still too early to put the kids to bed, so I decided I would.  We went by our house to drop Peyton off, and right as we got there Elliot arrived to put another coat of sealer on the floor (he had to work at his main job that day, so yes, he was there at 7:30).  We left and went to the Roberts' and when we got there both kids were fast asleep.  I woke them up and we had a great time! The gym ended up closing early on Friday, so Peyton met us there, after all.  We got home kind of late and put the kids right to bed.  I got on the computer and then went to bed myself.

Peyton had to work on Saturday, but the kids slept SO late. Graves woke up early early, but I nursed him and put him back in bed.  He woke up again around eight and I fed him again and he fell asleep, so I just let him snooze in bed with me and he slept until about 9:30 when my mom called.


Annie didn't wake up until ten and I was already in and out of the bath.  I bathed the kids and brought breakfast into our room for them while I got ready.  We headed to Batte around noon because my mom wanted us to meet her to go look at some precious outfits she had seen for the kids at a nearby store.  Ann Peyton had an epic tantrum getting in the car (she hated her shoes, wanted to get in by herself, and then bumped her head in the fit throwing process).  We finally made it and ran our errand.

 My mom picked these up specifically for Ashley, but I'm gonna browse them a bit first this week!

On the way home, our friends, the Deckards wanted to know if we wanted to meet them at the park and I decided to be brave and say yes.  I never take them by myself because it's just crazy and exhausting, but I thought it would be fun and Ann Peyton loves it so much and had been SO sweet shopping.  We got there and it was super, insane crowded.  Buzz (the daddy) held Graves for me a bunch so I could chase AP, but after awhile we moved from the big part to the little two to five year old area.  I was still keeping a close eye on her, but not "hovering".  Anyway, I'd check for her at least every ten seconds.  Well, one time I checked and I couldn't find her.  I panicked.  It was awful.  It probably wasn't even a minute and I heard someone say my name. It was my friend Sherra (another MDO friend) and she had her! I gave her (and Sherra!) a huge hug.  That was TERRIFYING.  It was almost time to leave anyway so we played a few more minutes and then loaded up and came home.  Annie and I had pita pizzas for a snack and I nursed Graves and fed him solids and put them both down for naps.  I sorted some laundry and unloaded dishes and then got on the computer.

I got ready because Peyton and I were going to a party for a high school friend on mine that got married that night.
 
 Glad I looked at the invite.  I could have sworn it was "dressy dressy".  We'dve looked like morons.
 
I had to wake both kids up to take them to my parents' house and they both fell back asleep in the car!  Poor babies!  Apparently, they got some good rest because they were both ready to play when I dropped them off.  I met Peyton back at home and we had a quick chat and he got ready and then we headed to the party.  It was really fun seeing a lot of people from high school and I couldn't get over how Peyton told everyone what a wonderful job I was doing at home with the kids.  I'm sure I was just beaming.  He knew I had had a really rough time about the park.  [Honestly, it happened so fast I didn't have time to really even panic that much, but later I kept having these awful thoughts of "What if?" and thinking about someone grabbing her.] We went to my parents to get the kids and AP still hadn't had supper so Peyton scrambled her some eggs and then we came home.  I got on the computer and worked on a post and went to bed.

We went to Sunday school and late church on Sunday.  The sermon was really good and I was so well rested for some reason and really felt like it was such a worshipful experience.  We came home and ate lunch and put the kids down for naps.  Neither one ever feel asleep :( I folded laundry and watched Lost while Peyton organized some stuff and played with AP in the study.  We got ready and headed back to church for the kick off of our Sunday night group.  We're reading Radical and this was kind of the introduction. I'm excited, but a little nervous!  We got home and fed the kids and put them to bed, but AP had a TERRIBLE time going to sleep (she had fallen asleep on the way to church in the car).  I cleaned up a bunch of dishes in the kitchen and then got on the computer.

This week we have a lot of fun stuff going on-  we have the chili cook off at church and I've got a really fun Friday night planned with Carrie and Ashley, who is coming into town for the weekend. Peyton's off work a couple of days and I'm hoping we can accomplish a lot, as well.  And finally, our floors should be complete by the end of the week!!!

1 comment:

Mary Louis Quinn said...

I haven't seen that wedding mag with Mary Mitchell and Will on the front. So fun!