Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Weekly Smorgasbord

Well, this is WAY late and I don't even have many links this week. I guess I just didn't do as much blog reading last week.


    Posted: 17 Jan 2012 10:33 PM PST
    "Could we rejoice in the season of waiting, believing that God who brought Jesus out of the black tomb and brings green shoots out of hard earth will bring new life out of all dark seasons too? Could we know that beauty is in this whole process, the waiting part too, not just the end result?"

    I think Katie's story is SO neat and inspiring. 
    Posted: 17 Jan 2012 10:32 PM PST
    Smart idea!
    Posted: 17 Jan 2012 10:32 PM PST
    "We've lost a sense of discovery, hard work and independent thought when it comes to learning about other faiths. We take to our computers and scan Wikipedia for a few bullet points. We ask our friends. We maybe read a book or two, but even that is rare these days."

    "Don't get me wrong, I think at some level, it's healthy to not engage emotionally and it's healthy to know where I am in the steadiness of my faith. I should always be evaluating that and making smart decisions."

    "But, at what point will I decide to grow a pair & be intellectually honest? How can I engage a thoughtful, genuine conversation about the LDS faith WITH people OF that faith, without even knowing what their Scriptures say? Without ever touching the pages and reading the words for myself, how can I talk about it with any kind of integrity? It's too easy to slip into hearsay and assumptions. And frankly, I'm tired of assuming."

    I think this is really fascinating.  I do think you have to be pretty solid in your faith before you approach something like this, though. 
    Posted: 17 Jan 2012 10:30 PM PST
    This was a really bold post. I so appreciate transparency in blogging.
    Posted: 17 Jan 2012 10:29 PM PST
    Interesting and informative.

    Hope you enjoyed the small selection!

    No comments: