Wednesday, February 1, 2012

February Happenings

 Well, I used the Instagrammed pictures again.  I had every intention not to, but I ended up doing a photo a day challenge in January and I had a bunch I liked so I went with it.  I feel like the title is too small and the font isn't bright enough.  But it is what it is.  Live and learn.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Let's see what's on the agenda for February?

- I have a baby shower for a friend this weekend, something fun with some couple friends the next weekend, and Peyton and I are planning to have a nice date night sometime soon.  Also, I have an appointment at the breastfeeding clinic to try to figure out what's up with Baby Graves's  weight.

- I have a couple of little projects to finish in the kitchen and then I'll post pictures I promise!  I also need to post the pictures of the nursery that I took six months ago.  Ha!

- Speaking of, I have SO many posts I want to finish.  I noticed today that I never did my "Part 2" of my Christmas post.  That's how I have so many drafts.  Any guesses how many posts I have in my draft folder.  Hint: it will blow your mind.  I guess I'm at the point where I just think "They'll get done at some point.  Maybe when the kids are in college." Ha!

- In addition to the kitchen projects, I think we are going to paint the sunroom.  I'm really excited about brightening it up.  Peyton's been working on sealing it to try to get it more climate controlled so we can actually use it more.

- My mom is coming over next week and she's going to help me figure out where to hang a few things (I'm so indecisive), help clean out and organize our buffet (it has so much junk in it), teach me how to polish silver and help me go through some of AP's clothes for this Summer and figure out what will actually fit of the stuff I've bought ahead and the stuff she wore at the end of last Summer.  Because...

- There are several good consignment sales coming up.  Neither of the kids really need much, but there are a few things on my list.  I'd love to find some shoes for AP and I'd like to get a couple of diaper sets and bubbles for Graves.  He has lots of those short "JonJon" type outfits, but I feel like he can wear those for a long time, whereas for him this is probably the last Summer in bubbles and diaper sets and I want to relish in it!

- I'm also planning on getting my mom to watch the kids that day for a bit so I can go with Peyton to the gym and he can show me around.  I really want to start going some but I'm terrified to walk in and even get on a treadmill.

- Lastly, I thought I'd update y'all on last month's goals and then share this month's...
January Goals:
1. To be more intentional about prioritizing time with Peyton in the evenings. Well, I did do better about this.  We still have a long way to go, but we're doing better.  
2. To finish this ever lovin' kitchen. Well, the floors are DONE.  Like I said, I still have a couple of projects hanging over me, but they're small(ish).
3. To spend time in the Word in some form every.single.day. Okay, being honest- every single day didn't happen, but again, I made strides.

February Goals:
1.  I am going to keep #1 and #3 on my list and combine them into one- To be more intentional about daily time with the Lord and with Peyton. I'm sure there will always be room for improvement on both fronts, but I want to keep them at the forefront for at least another month.
2. To take more (and better) pictures.  I am no photographer and really probably never will be, but we didn't buy a nice camera for nothing and lately I've become so lazy about using it.  I used to get it out almost daily, but for some reason I got out of the habit.  I want to start using it more again and I want to try to spend some time a few times a week reading up on how to improve my skills.
3. This is HUGE, y'all.  To try to enforce a more reasonable bedtime for myself.  I'm not saying a consistent one.  I'm not saying an early one.  I'm not even saying a healthy one.  I am saying reasonable.  Meaning, I will not go to bed at two AM even one night this month.  I've been trying it for a week or so and I've done okay.  My goal is twelve, but I give myself a thirty minute grace period.  I went to bed by midnight thirty several times and the other nights I was in bed by one.

No comments: