Monday, February 27, 2012

Weekly Happenings Post #154 (February 20-26)-- Words That Resonate


 [UGH.  I look like a swamp monster.]

This week was awesome!  I went to two different events where I really felt like shouting "AMEN" almost the entirety of both.  One was a prospective meeting at a preschool (rather a "homeschool organization") for AP for next year and one was hearing Tony Campola speak.

The kids and I were home all day Monday, but it was only semi- productive.  Peyton got up with Graves and then AP and I got up.  I started laundry and took a bath and then Peyton had to leave. I put Graves down for his nap and folded some laundry and played with my Annie girl.  When Graves woke up, I gave them both baths and we all had lunch and then straightened up the disaster den.  AP was not being very compliant and it took a sweet forever.  Anyway, I put them down for naps and it took awhile but then they both took LONG naps. I had to wake them both up.  I wrote a post, started more laundry, had a snack and read a bunch of blog posts.  Once the kids woke up, I decided to take them to the park even though it was kind of late.  We only stayed about twenty minutes and then it got dark.  I was planning on going to the grocery store, but Peyton was going to be home soon, so we just headed home.  Peyton got there and we had a fun time playing with the kids and talking and then we put them to bed and I went to Kroger.
 
Peyton made them a tunnel out of the boxes the car seats came in and they LOVED it.  I knew AP would, but I was shocked to see Graves want to crawl back and forth, up and down it.  It was so funny because we all three crawled down it and then called to him/patted the floor like he was a dog and at first he started crying, but then he crawled down it super fast.  It was so cute!

  I got home and put up groceries and ate some dinner and then I worked on my Beth Moore study and got on the computer.

We had MDO on Tuesday and it was good, but uneventful.  We got home and all had lunch.  I did two loads of laundry, hand washed some dishes, made pasta salad and cleaned up a bad spill.  The kids played and I cleaned up lunch, vacuumed a bit around the high chair and took off the cover to wash.  I put the babies down for naps and just kind of vegged on the computer.  I did get some pictures uploaded and worked on a post.  The kids woke up and we got ready and headed to our Ultreya meeting.  It was long and when we got home, I fed them and put them to sleep.  I got on the computer and then Peyton got home.
Sister in her 12 mo. dress and Brother in his 18 mo. pjs.  Take that, 25th percentile in weight!

We had Bible study Wednesday morning and I overslept, but I got us all ready super fast and we made it on time!  We had it at the Morgan's church office and it was a little harder since the kids couldn't have free reign.  It was still good, though!  When we got home, I fed the kids lunch and washed dishes, started laundry, and pureed some veggies for Graves.  I got that cleaned up and got the kids down for naps.  I put pictures on Flikr and read some blogs and then I got the kids up early because we were meeting Peyton so I could get a haircut.  After my haircut, I met Peyton and the kiddos at church for our Ash Wednesday service.  We got home and fed them supper and put Graves to bed. We let AP play some and then it was bedtime for her to.  She had a hard time getting to sleep for some reason.  I made some crawfish bisque and straightened the house and then went to bed.

I woke up Thursday feeling HORRIBLE and we had a really big day.  I think it was probably a lot the caffeine withdrawal.  Anyway, Peyton was so sweet and after I got ready he basically got the kids ready himself and I went and laid in Annie's bed.  We got them ready and out the door by 8:30.  We were dropping them off at MDO and then Peyton and I were going to a meeting for a preschool for Annie.  I'll blog more about it later but we were SUPER impressed.  We stopped at Great Harvest on the way there and I got to feeling better.  The meeting was great and then we headed to another meeting with a guy from our church, just to give our opinions on staff, ect. before it was time for appointments to go out.  [In the Methodist church, pastors are appointed to different churches in the district.]  We stopped by Abners for a late lunch and then picked up the kids.  It was the longest I think I've been away from Graves yet.  Everyone said they did great, though! Peyton left for work and I took the kiddos home and got them down for naps.  They took good naps and I got on Twitter and sent a few emails and then kind of "cleaned out" my Twitter friends (people I never interact with, ect).  I got some stuff organized to go to the attic and then got ready.  My mom came over to keep the kids and I headed to dinner with some friends.  I had a blast and when I got home it was almost bedtime.  My mom left and I put Graves to bed and then got AP ready.  She took awhile to go to sleep.  I got on the computer and did a few things and then Peyton got home and we chatted and went to bed.

Friday was kind of a long day.  I stayed up too late the night before and then Graves was up just about every hour his stuffy nose was upsetting him so.  He could hardly even nurse comfortably and it was so sad!  Anyway, Peyton got up with him and I slept in a bit and then around 8:30 I got in the tub and got dressed.  I picked up around the house and fed him breakfast and then AP woke up. We all played some and then I attempted a nap with him.  He was so fussy and congested (Peyton crushed up some adult Zyterec for him before he left) and he had a terrible time, but finally fell asleep pretty late.  I put up some clean dishes and straightened a bit more and then AP and I just chilled out and watched movies on the couch.  She wanted to watch A Charlie Brown Christmas twice, ha!  She got mad about something and was throwing a fit and woke up Graves and her had a terrible time getting back to sleep, but I'm glad he did.  He needed it!

I got him up and we all had lunch and then I folded several loads of laundry and read a bunch to the kids.  I handwashed a sink full of dishes and then it was naptime again.  Graves took a short nap and AP just played in her bed and was really not very obedient a good deal of the time.  I worked on my Beth Moore study and caught up on Twitter and then I let the kids get up.  I worked on a post a bit while they played (something I usually really try to avoid doing) and then we cleaned up and headed to my parents' house for red beans and rice. 

Peyton and his brother had met to exercise after work and they came over for beans, too.  We got home and put the kids right to bed and I ironed a bunch of stuff for a consignment sale and another big pile of random stuff that had been building up.  I tagged all the stuff and then got on the computer.  I messed around and put pictures on Flikr and then went to bed.
[I timed my Twitter activity.  Not terrible, but I spent a lot of time on the computer doing other things, too.  I just want to be intentional and not waste time and not even realize it.]

Peyton had to work on Saturday and when the kids got up, I took a shower while Annie watched Elmo.  I put Graves in the Pack N Play because he's getting harder and harder to contain.  He fussed, and I hurried.  I started some laundry and straightened around the house and then I tried to put Graves down for a nap.  He really wasn't interested and I think it was his poor stuffy nose.  I didn't have any baby Zyrtec and I didn't want to try crushing up the adult tablets and he seemed better once he was sitting up.  Anyway, I took out the trash and cleaned our bathroom and then I got things ready and we headed out.  I dropped a check that I owed my mom off at my parents' house and then was headed to drop off clothes for a consignment sale.  Morgan was there when I got there and she watched the kids for me.  I then took the kids to my in laws and I went by Cokesbury to get some Sunday school material Peyton ordered (he's in charge of that for the whole church).  After that, I headed Christ Untied to see Tony Campolla speak at the Mission/Evangelism Summit.  I missed the morning part because I couldn't find a babysitter, but I LOVED what I heard.  I had been so excited, but I was just blown away.  I'm sure I'll do a whole post about it.

After it was over, I picked up the kids and we went over to my parents' house.  My mom fixed B4D and we had a good visit.  We got home and AP had fallen asleep in the car.  I put her to bed and fed Graves and put him down. I got my stuff ready for Children's Church and went to bed really early myself after I took a bath because I had a small headache.

 This feels a lot like I'd imagine soaking in a vat of Icy Hot would.  It's as pleasant as you can imagine.  But it did seem to help my headache.

 One day, I really want to show Graves all these pictures of the things I did for him when I couldn't take Sudafed or Zyrtec, but then I realized it might be kind of awkward to discuss our breastfeeding relationship, him being a guy and all.

Annie woke up to teetee during the night and Graves was up because of his nose and then around 3:00 my headache got so bad I thought I was going to have to wake Peyton up.  I didn't really help we had two kids and a cat in our bed.  UGH.  I took a BC Powder and went to bed and I woke up feeling better.

We got up and got ready super fast.  I woke up late, but Peyton helped me and we got the kids bathed and ready for church.  I did Children's Church and then met Peyton for Sunday school.  After church, we randomly decided to meet Peyton's parents and two of his brothers at his Granny's house for her birthday.  It's a couple of hours south, but it was SO worth the trip.  We had a wonderful time visiting and Annie loved walking around with Granny and looking at all her flowers.  We had to leave kind of early because I had Nursery Committee meeting at church. We stopped at the grocery store on the way and got snacks for the kids and I nursed Graves.  I had my committee meeting and it went well.  After that we went to Radical (we had read it in the car) and then came home.  I straightened the house some and started laundry after I put Graves down and Peyton got AP's supper ready and put her to bed.  I got on the computer and worked on some posts and then went to bed.

Next week looks fun, but busy!  I'm excited about all we've got going on!

3 comments:

Emily said...

Went to hear Tony Campolo at Christ on Saturday too. It was incredible!

Courtney said...

Sorry to hear you are really suffering with sinus issues. I had them really bad a few years ago. My doctor recommended the saline sinus rinses and I swear by them. I feel so much better when I regularly do them.I commend you for holding out on taking anything, because I know it can be so painful. Have a great week.

The Niemeyer Nest said...

You are so busy! I am exhausted just reading your post. Hope you are feeling better.