Monday, February 13, 2012

Weekly Happenings Post #152 (February 6-12)-- Feeling Better

 

It was so nice to have everyone over sickness and just have an easy, normal week!

I woke up Monday morning and fed Graves and changed him and then Peyton got up and watched him while I snoozed a little more.  I woke up around when AP did and got a bath and talked to my friend Amy on the phone about Graves's upcoming doctor's appointment.  I took some things to the attic and started organizing and then we got ready and all took a little trip to the park before Peyton had to work.  We got home and I fed the kids lunch and did dishes and Peyton ate and left for work.  I gave Graves a bath and put everyone down for naps.  Graves took a good nap and AP played quietly in her bed for a good stretch.  I got on the computer and checked Twitter and uploaded pictures and then made a phone call about a consignment sale.  Graves woke up and played some and I straightened the house and had a snack.  I got AP up and then I vacuumed in the kitchen and den.  I vacuumed under the sofa cushions and on the hearth, too and baked some cookies.  I dusted in the den and as I was doing that Annie dropped a picture frame on her foot.  It was bleeding and I know it hurt so bad.  I took care of that and Graves started fussing.  I nursed him and read to both of them and then turned on a documentary and folded clothes.  Then it was dinner time for them.  After I fed Graves I put him to bed.  I let Annie play some and then read to her and got her ready for bed.  I worked on my Beth Moore study and Christian Believer and fell asleep on the couch.  Peyton got home and I got on the computer for a bit and then we chatted and went to bed.

Tuesday was another productive day.  We had Mother's Day Out in the morning, but Peyton kept Annie with him because he had promised to take her to the park.  He told me that he really doesn't like to break promises to her, even though I'm not sure she would have remembered. He wanted to go work out with his brother so he took her to the gym nursery for the first time.  I was kind of nervous, but she is almost three.  I wouldn't take Graves at his age, but I decided we could try with her.  Anyway, they had a good time and MDO was nice and chill (we only had eleven of our eighteen kids).

I got home and fed Graves lunch and unloaded and loaded dishes while he was eating a banana and puffs.  Peyton gave AP a bath and then I put Graves down and read to her.  Both kids went to sleep really fast and Graves even woke up about forty five minutes in and put himself right back to sleep!  I played around on the Internet and rewatched last week's Christian Believer video and then had a late lunch and watched Lost while folding laundry.  Graves woke up and I and folded some more clothes and then Annie woke up.  I took them both in my room and put up laundry for hours.  I took a break to feed Graves and several breaks to lay down and play on the floor with him or visit with Annie.  But still...hours.  I'm embarrassed to admit this, but I had been just throwing clean clothes in the Pack N Play in our room that no one currently uses.  I started to say I forgot about them, but the truth is I just forgot about them every day until about 11:30 at night.  Anyway, I got a ton more folded and put up.  I fed the kids supper, put the couch cushion I had washed back on the sofa, cleaned up their supper and folded one more load and then I put Graves to bed.  I straightened up some and put up that last load of clothes and then washed AP's hair because she had gotten chapstick in it.  I read to her and put her to bed and got on the computer.  She got up to tee tee a gazillion times and finally fell asleep.  I got on the computer and then went to bed.

Peyton had Wednesday and Thursday off and they were both busy days.  I had my ladies Bible study on Wednesday morning and Peyton had a meeting so we all got up and got ready and headed out (after I somehow managed to break of the hot water handle on our tub).  Our Bible study was good.  I missed the first week last week and I was glad to start back. We're doing Beth Moore's latest study.  It's on the book of James and I think it's going to be AMAZING.  Last semester we had a babysitter for the kids, but this time we're doing it at one of the lady's houses that has lots of room and toys and so we decided to try just letting them play.  It went better than I expected, but I'm not gonna lie- trying to pay attention to Beth Moore and make sure Graves was happy and not eating any small toys and keeping Annie from whining for food or milk and making sure she shared with the other toddler there wasn't a walk in the park.  Anyway, I had a headache when we got there and when we left it was a lot worse.  I managed to keep both kids awake in the car even through getting gas and getting caught by a train but Graves fell asleep in the last five minutes from home.  I brought them inside and nursed Graves and he went back to sleep, to my surprise and delight.  My mom was coming over and I knew we only had a few minutes so I decided not to even attempt a nap with AP.  I put her in bed with me with some toys and we just rested for a bit.

Minnie got here and got to work.  We went through my whole buffet (where I keep a lot of extra home decorations) and cleaned it out and organized it.  I wanted her to help because some of it was her stuff.  Peyton got home and he brought me and Annie lunch so we ate and then Graves woke up.  My mom helped us hang a few things around the house (I usually have an idea of where I want thing, but I'm TERRIBLE spatially so I like someone to tell me exactly where to put things). After that we fed Graves some lunch and then Minnie helped me go through some of the kids' clothes for Summer.  There are some consignment sales coming up and I wanted to try to figure out what, if anything, they needed.  After my mom left, we put AP down for "rest time" and Graves shocked me again and took another short nap.  Peyton and I both read separately for Christian Believer.  We got the kids ready and left for church. I rode in the back and kept Annie awake and it wasn't easy.  I tried to read the readings from the workbook outloud like we always do but it was impossible to do both. The group was good but I was unprepared despite having started doing the readings earlier in the week than I typically do. My head started killing me and I really felt awful.  I left to go to the bathroom and go outside several times and I was pretty relieved when it was finally over.  When we got home, we transferred Annie to bed (they both fell asleep in the car) and I nursed Graves. Peyton left to go work out and I took a bath and got on the computer for about ten minutes and went to bed.

We had MDO on Thursday and it was a good day.  We only stayed until lunch and when it was time to go, AP was so upset to leave.  Darlene ended up helping me get both kids to the car.  When we got home, I fed them lunch and started laundry and Peyton helped me put them down for naps.  I relaxed and got on Twitter for a bit and then it was time to get ready because Graves had an appointment at the breastfeeding clinic to evaluate his weight.  We got there late but the appointment went SO well.  Apparently on the WHO charts he is in the 20th percentile (on the CDC charts he's in the third).  Also, according to Dr. Saenz, the CDC charts were really not meant to be an assessment tool for growth; they were just done as a survey to measure the population of babies at the time. Anyway, she watched him nurse and just observed him some and they weighed him and she said everything looked great.  I was so happy to hear all that!  We went by the grocery store on the way home and then I realized we forgot a few things, so we went by the other Kroger closer to our house.  I nursed Graves and fed him dinner and put him right to bed.  Peyton went to the gym again and I put up groceries, shredded a rotisserie chicken, washed dishes, cleaned the knobs on the sink that Peyton had unscrewed for me earlier, and pureed Graves some green beans while AP ate dinner and played.  I unpacked the diaper bag and started laundry and straightened the house and then Peyton got home and we put AP to bed.  I got on the computer and went to bed.

Graves was up a good bit during the night and Peyton got up with the kids on Friday morning so I could get a little more sleep.  Once I got up, I started some laundry, took a bath, and bathed Graves and got him down for a nap.  My hair was drying so I rewet it to fix it and went in the kitchen for something.  I spilled a big thing of black eyed peas so I cleaned that up and then had to wet my hair again.  I got ready and got things together and then got Annie ready and woke up Graves because we were meeting the Howies at Mellow Mushroom.  We had a fun lunch but Graves almost slid right out of the highchair because I didn't get the strap between his legs and Annie had to change panties because she had a small accident (actually while she was using the potty).  We got home and I read to Annie and put both kids down for naps.  They both took really good naps and I uploaded some pictures to Facebook, caught up on Twitter and read some blogs.  They got up and we straightened the house some and then went over to my parents' house for beans and rice.
  

We had a great visit and they went to sleep easily when we got home.
[Mickey got pinned.]

I put more pictures on FB and read some blogs and then I read some in Christian Believer and did my Beth Moore study and went to bed.

Saturday was such a fabulous day despite Peyton having to work.  We got up and got ready and I picked up the house some and started laundry.  We had a MomsPointe meeting (it's just a group for moms that meets once a month to talk about issues in our lives and fellowship) that morning, so I dropped the kids off with the babysitter for the group and it was such a cool morning.  The topic was feeling isolated and "invisible" as a a mom.  It was so neat to hear other women express so many feelings I often struggle with. Graves took a nap in the car and when we got home I fed the kids lunch, started more laundry, unloaded and loaded dishes, and vacuumed the kitchen and bedrooms.  I played with the kids and read to Annie and put them down for naps.  I put more pictures on Facebook and played on Twitter and then I mopped the kitchen.  The kids woke up and I folded some laundry and got ready because we were meeting our friends the Deckards for dinner.  Peyton's parents arrived and then Peyton got home and we left.  Dinner was so nice and the conversation was really good.  It was nice to have a little break!  We got home and I fed Graves and put Annie (back) to bed.  I talked to Logan on the phone and got on the computer a bit and then read my Bible and went to bed.

I woke up when Peyton did on Sunday and we chatted a bit.  I had planned on just going to late church with the kids, but since I was up already I decided to hustle and try to go to early service with Peyton since he had to work.  We got ready and got out the door (almost) on time.
  [while I was getting ready]

 We brought Annie to church with us and then Peyton took her to children's church on his way out.  Sunday school was SO interesting and I'm sad Peyton had to miss.  We talked about chapter two of Collosians and we discussed the four enemies Paul lists: worldly authority, empty philosophies and false religions, sin, and legalism.  We discussed a huge range of topics from if our faith is too entwined with our patriotism, the (false) prosperity gospel, how we should respond to homosexuals wanting to come to worship, and several other things.  It was really thought provoking! 

We got home and I was shocked BG didn't succumb to the car nap.  I fed the kids lunch and straightened around the house and attempted Graves's monthly pics.
 

 I put both kids down and AP actually fell asleep the fastest.  I had to change two of Graves's dirty diapers in thirty minutes and then he was out, too!  I got on Twitter, read Radical, and had lunch.  I did a few things on the computer and then took a twenty  minute cat nap until Graves woke up.  I snuggled with him and then he played while I finally got caught up on last week's Christian Believer readings.

[He may be a tiny munchkin, but he's got made fine motor skills; little buddy unzipped my hoodie by himself!]

I got AP up in plenty of time to get ready for Radical.  Somehow, when Graves was playing on the floor he cut his finger.  It wasn't terrible, but I still haven't figured out what did it which is concerning.  Anyway, it didn't look awful but of course he wouldn't keep a Band Aid on it, so I just had to hold pressure on it for like fifteen minutes.  Needless to say, we were late.  The group was good, though, and I enjoyed it.  We talked about how Platt's theology differs from ours in some ways and how some people are still struggling with how he seems to place great emphasis on foreign missions, maybe to the detriment on serving right here (I personally don't feel that way).  We met Peyton at home and I got Graves to bed after our family picture.  We fed AP supper and let her play a little and then put her to bed, too.  I got on the computer and read some in my Beth Moore study and went to bed.

1 comment:

Amy said...

the picture of Graves with his huge smile is just about the cutest thing ever! I hope you have it framed in your house somewhere. and I just commented that he looks like a mix of you and peyton, but in that picture...he is ALL YOU! :)