Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Babykin Boutique: Summer Overstock, Samples, and Consignment

I was telling Amy the other day that it's been SO long since I've done a Babykin Boutique post and she concurred that it was time to remedy that. It's hard to find the delicate balance between writing about important global issues and delivering the State of the Wardrobe Address.  And yet, somehow, I think In the Warm Hold is big enough to accommodate both. So for today, indulge me in a bit of shallowness...

Okay, first here are my purchases from the last Overstock sale I went to.  It was actually a good while back (like this time last year), but most of the stuff I got is for this Summer.

Annie's first....


The little ice cream cone dress is by Orient Expressed and is a "1" and the gumball dress is Aunt Polly's and is an 18 mo.  Annie wore them both last Summer.  The swimsuit is a brand called Rebecca Rags and it's a 2T, so she'll wear it this year.  The little bird outfit has matching shorts and is by Beau Beaux.  It's a 3T and I suspect it'll be too big this Summer and we'll save it for the next.  But she's growing fast these days, so it might surprise me! I'd love it if she could wear it now, because it doesn't look super Summery.

I got this for Graves...

It's an 18 mo. by Kudzoo Express.  To be honest, I don't just love it now that I look at it and it looks HUGE.

Here are the best finds, though...

I was so excited to find all this at a great price!  They're all Aunt Pollys. The jonjons are all 12 mo. and the dresses (with bloomers) are all 24 mo., but I figured AP could wear them.  The last one on the end is a 2T and is meant to be more of a true dress.  I actually liked the bloomer sets because they'll be a little shorter and I think she can play in them better.  I know smocked dresses are supposed be below the knee, but I've got to be practical here and I got them for play clothes, not for Sunday.

I also got a bunch of great stuff at a sample sale this Winter....

I got several fun things for Annie...
The first outfit is a shorts set and it's a brand called Three Little Monkeys.  It's a 3T, so we may or may not wear it this year.  The dress next to it is Anvy Kids.  The sailboat set and the outfit next to it both have shorts and are by Banana Split.  They're a 24 mo. and an 18-24 mo.  The second one may be too small, but it was a really good deal and I couldn't pass it up.  The swimsuits are both 2T and they're by Secret Wishes and Banana Split. 

I also got Graves several really sweet things...
Most of his stuff is for church.  The first four outfits are by Anvy Kids and they're all 12 mo.  The little red car outfit is Baxter & Beatrice and it's a 12 mo.  The last outfit is for the Fall and it's by Castles and Crowns and is an 18-24 mo. 

It's reversible which I thought was really fun!






Several of the things I got coordinated or would coordinate with things we already had and I loved that, of course.

I got both the little blue pique outfits at this sale.  They actually look more the same color in person than in the picture.  I think I'm going to monogram them both.  I had gotten the little fish jonjon at the same sale a previous season and that's why I had to have the little set.  I'm going to have it monogrammed to.  The last little outfit just happened to match a dress Annie had.  It'll probably end up with a monogram, too ;)

Lastly, I went to a really good consignment sale about a month ago.


I got some good stuff for both kids.   I told myself I would only buy bubbles for AP because they are so hard to find in her size and this is really our last Summer for them.  I almost kept my word, but they had this cute little gingham set and she had had the same set the Summer after she was one and I loved it.  So I went ahead and got it.  It's by B.T. Kids and is a 3T.  The watermelon bubble is The Bailey Boys and is also a 3T.  The little blue bubble (that I LOVE) is Beehave and it's a 24 mo.  I'm hoping she can wear it; it looks big.  The little giraffe bubble was handmade and the crab romper is by Kelly's Kids.  The crab swim trunks and t-shirt are a 6 mo., but I think they'll still fit Graves.

I also got two pairs of shoes...

Annie has been wearing the stew out of those Keds and I know we'll enjoy the crocs down the road.

Whew.  I still have one more sale to blog about, but that seems like enough for now.  I'm so stinkin' excited about Summer and I can't wait to start putting them in all this stuff!

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

The matching brother/sister sets are way too cute! Do it while you can!! love these posts! :)