Thursday, March 15, 2012

Letter to (Eleven Month Old) Graves

Dear Graves,

This is the first time for me to be a few days late writing your letter.  When that happened with your sister, I bawled my eyes out I was so upset.  But, these days things are different.  I guess with your second child, priorities align and I realize what is a big deal and what isn't.  [For example, the dead cockroach I pulled out of your mouth the other day? Not near as unsettling as it would have been for me as a first time momma.]

Anyway, you are a month shy of a year and I'm in disbelief.  Actually, I think I'm in denial.  Some days, it will hit me and it's like I've been splashed in the face with a bucket of icy water.  My little peanut is getting so grown and time is moving so fast.

For example, you begin crawling toward the end of January, but I forgot to mention it in last month's letter and now you're puling up!

You've also cut your first tooth (finally!) and you've started eating more table food.  You LOVE soft steamed carrots and you're a big fan of turkey, but you're current favorite is bananas.

You babble a lot and you say "Momma" quite frequently.  I love hearing you say those little syllables. You love to laugh and you have the biggest grin when you do it.  I swear it looks like your face is about to bust!

You wear lots of 12 mo. things and size three diapers.  You take two naps a day and sleep about twelve hours a night, but you usually wake up once or twice to nurse and then go right back to sleep.  We recently got you a big boy car seat and I've put up a lot of toys that are too babyish.

You love playing with "gadgets" and you can't keep your hands off our remotes and phones.  You also love music and I can tell your love for it is only growing.  You like to "dance" and bob your head and when you're upset and we sing to you it really calms you down.

I'm so happy about the warm weather because you also really like being outside.  The only problem with the backyard is that you think leaves are for eating.  I usually hold you in my lap or we go on a walk.

Graves, you are such a wonderful little boy and I love the stage you're in right now.  I could just eat you up and I probably pick you up and squeeze you more than I ever have before because you're just such a delight and so stinkin' cute.  Darling, I love you so.

Love,
 Momma (and Papa)

P.S. Your outfit is a 12 mo.



No comments: