Monday, March 19, 2012

Weekly Happenings Post #157 (March 12-18)-- What a Nice Break


 [Seriously, do not all these people (excluding myself) look like they went to the drunk Saint Paddy's day parade?]

[The regular pic- we had to retake it because Peyton switched the kids and my OCD self could not deal.]

Last week was really good.  I actually felt horrible- tired and run down and very, very emotional.  Now, before anybody jumps the gun, it was due to that lovely phenomenon that indicates the lack of a pregnancy.  So, nobody get worried ;)  However, it was Spring Break, so "school" and most of our other activities were canceled.  I really do love all the things we do, but it was good to have a breather.  It did make me wonder if maybe we are a tiny bit overcommited.  I feel dumb saying that, because we don't do that much, but it's just nice to be home.  I got to work on a couple of projects I've been putting off and putting off, caught up on laundry, and did a good bit of much needed housework.

Toward the end of the week, my sister also visited from Nashville.  I really try hard to just drop everything as much as is reasonable when she's in town, because it's so infrequent.  So we spent a lot of time with her and my parents.

I was so excited to just have a calm, laid back day on Monday after the busy week we had enjoyed.  The kids slept late and I woke up right before Peyton left for work and got a bath.  Graves got up and pulled up for the first time.  I was so excited!  I dried my hair and AP woke up.  I fixed the kids breakfast- together they ate a POUND of frozen fruit.  How are they so little?  I cleaned up the kitchen while they ate and loaded some dishes and washed out things to recycle.  They played a bit and then Graves took his nap.  I let AP watch a movie and just kind of vegged out on the sofa.  I was tired and had a headache.  I ended up waking up Graves and I folded a bunch of laundry and put it up in their room.


 I cleaned out AP's pj drawer and fed them lunch and then it was nap time.  Both kids fell asleep and I had a snack and then took a nap myself.  I felt SO much better, but when I woke up it was 5:30.  I went to wake them up and Graves got up, but Annie fussed and I let her stay in bed a little longer.  They got up and I folded more laundry and then Peyton got home. I put sheets on our bed and tried to arrange some things on Graves's armoire (now that he's been here almost a year, I think the nursery is finally done...ha!).

We just hung out at home and it was SO nice.  Peyton and I talked and he played with the kids and then I put Graves to bed and he took AP to the grocery store...at nine o'clock.  Ha.  I got on the computer and when they got home we fed Annie dinner and I put up groceries and made our supper.

 ["He chewing Jesus"....ugh, maybe Annie needs to be a little more devoted to her quiet time with the Lord. Ha!]

 AP ended up going to bed around eleven.  I know, that is insane.  I finished up on the computer and we went to bed late.
[Not sure what happened, but we found her like this in the middle of the night.]

Tuesday was our busy day as far as being on the go.  Peyton and I got up and got ready in a hurry when we remembered it was voting day.  We dressed the kids super fast and threw them in the car and went to vote on the way to take Peyton to work.  The line was short (or nonexistent) and we got in and out really fast.  We dropped Peyton off and headed home.  Poor Annie did not want to get out of her car seat and I really needed to get Graves down for a nap, so I let her watch some Elmo and I got him fed and laid him down.  I was able to get dressed and make up my bed and check my email really quickly and then it was time to go again!  We met my friend Caroline for lunch at Newks.  We had a great time visiting and catching up.  We got home and I fed Graves and put the kids down for their naps.  I got on the computer and put some pictures on Flikr and played on Twitter and before I knew it, it was time to wake them up to go get Peyton.  Annie actually ended up being a reverse transfer and she fell back asleep in the car!

We picked up Peyton and drove through Wendy's and then he had a meeting so we dropped him off.  I needed to pick up something from my parents' so we went over there and killed some time.  We picked up Peyton and came home.  Peyton fed the kids dinner and I put up some laundry and straightened in their room and then we put them to bed.  I worked on a couple of posts and then I played with my new sewing machine and got to work on a little project.  We went to bed super late again.

We were home again all day Wednesday since our morning and night Bible study were both canceled.  The kids slept in and when Graves woke up, I trapped him in the bathroom and took a bath.  I fed him breakfast and did a few things on the computer and then Annie woke up.  He played and she had breakfast and then I put him down early for his nap because he was acting tired.  He took a nice long nap and I was able to vacuum in the living room and the kitchen and mop all the brick floors.  When he woke up, I folded laundry and did some dishes and then it was lunch time for the kiddos.  After lunch, we played some more and I put them down for naps.  I watched part of The Time Traveler's Wife because Peyton had watched a little the night before and I wanted to catch up so we could watch together.  I got the kids up (Graves only slept a tiny bit and AP never did go to sleep) and Peyton got home.  Graves was super cranky and we took turns playing with him and then took his monthly pic.

 Can't tell it from here, can you? This is seriously a favorite picture of mine!


  I put up some laundry and straightened the kids' room and then we went outside and played while Peyton mowed the yard.  We came in and fixed Annie's and Graves's dinner and gave them a bath and then it was bedtime.  Peyton and I finished the movie and I organized some stuff to go the attic.  I went to bed at a somewhat reasonable time.

Thursday was NOTHING like I had planned.  We got up and got ready and then I went to the attic and organized some stuff and got down some things for a friend with a baby on the way.  Peyton fed the kids breakfast and then we had a few errands to run- to Walgreens and the church.  My dad called to say my grandmother's sister (my great aunt) was in town and she really wanted to see the kids.  So we ran home, had lunch and got ready and then dropped Peyton off at work and headed to the retirement center.  We had a really nice visit and when we got home I put the kids in bed.



Neither slept and it was getting late, but I made them stay in bed an hour.  When they got up, I started straightening the house.  I went through some piles, started laundry, and then cleaned up the kitchen.  After the kids ate, I put Graves to bed and then browned some meat.  My friend Catherine came over to get the baby gear and while she was here, AP had an accident, got soap in her eye, and slammed her finger in a door while she was.  Ouch.  After she left, I let AP here. watch a movie for a bit since we had to go get Peyton and I uploaded some pictures.  We got Graves up and picked Peyton up at 10 PM.  We got home, transferred the kids and had dinner. I got on the computer and finished Graves's (way late) monthly post and went to bed.

She fell asleep like this on the stool after her last potty break.  She just crashes these days.

Friday was another good day at home.  Peyton woke me up with Graves so he could get ready for work.  Apparently he had also been up with him around 4:00.  I guess he didn't go back to sleep after I fed him, and I didn't even realize it? Anyway, he said he had been up for about an hour and then he was up again at seven.  I locked him in the bathroom with me and took a bath after Peyton left and then I fed him breakfast.  While he ate, I started laundry and dishes and emptied trash cans and took out the trash.  I also scrubbed our bathroom floor because it was gross.  He was acting sleepy so I put him down early for his nap and he slept about an hour before AP got up.  I took a little nap, too ;) When they got up, I trapped them in our room and put up some laundry.  They played and then I tried to vacuum the bedrooms.  I put Graves in the Pac N Play.  He screamed and at first I thought he was just made, but then I decided he was scared.  I ended up doing our room while  holding him.  I fixed our lunch and put up more laundry and then we headed outside to play. We came in and I nursed Graves and read to AP and then they had rest time.  Graves took a short nap and AP never did fall asleep and I ended up letting her play quietly in her room and putting some toys in his crib.  They did good with that!  I wrote a blog post, checked in on Twitter, and watched an old Christian Believer video.
 
[refreshing treat- strawberries and lemon Girl Scout cookies]

I got them up and started putting up more laundry.  Peyton got home and I finished and then straightened some in the nursery.  I worked on a project outside.
 

Then I started some laundry and then we loaded up and dropped Peyton at the gym and headed to my parents' house.

 I LOVE these sunglasses Peyton got me in New Orleans, even if I do look like a bug!

Since Cookie was coming home on Saturday, they held of on beans and were having tacos, but we still decided to go.  Peyton stayed home to work out and try to fix my dresser that's been broken for months.  We had a nice visit with my parents and when I got home Peyton and his brother were still working on the dresser.  I put the kids in bed and played on the computer a bit and then went to sleep.

Saturday was ridiculously lazy.  Graves woke up nice and early and Peyton left for work.  I had a bath and fed him breakfast and did a lot of straightening I didn't do the night before.  I unloaded and loaded dishes and changed over the laundry and he played a little and then I put him down for a nap.  AP still wasn't up so we had a repeat of the day before and I took a short mid morning nap, too!  When she got up, we snuggled and watched a Charlie Brown video.  I made a phone call about a song I heard on the radio the night before and then I worked on a blog post a little while she watched Sesame Street.  I usually try to limit TV and I try not to blog when the kids are awake, but I broke my rules this time.  I also cooked breakfast around 11:30.  I typically HATE that.  Peyton could eat breakfast at 1:00 in the afternoon, but I only like it for dinner, or...breakfast.  Anyway, we had oatmeal and then I woke up Graves. Ann Peyton had a little accident on the kitchen floor, so I cleaned it up and then I folded some laundry while they played.  I got their lunch together and did dishes from lunch and breakfast and folded and put up more laundry.  I gave the kids baths and right after they got out Annie had a second accident on a stool in my room.  I sent her to the bathroom and she pushed Graves for coming in and bothering her.  I sent her to time out and we had a talk and I got them dressed.

Cookie had just gotten into town so she and my parents came over and brought her new puppy.  We all got ready and walked to the park.  Well, there was a "no pets" sign.  I haven't really seen pets there, but I never saw the sign before either.  Anyway, we took turns watching Louie on the periphery of the park.  Apparently while my dad and I were hanging out with the pup, AP had ANOTHER accident.  My mom took her to the bathroom and then just let her keep playing in wet panties.  UGH.  Whatever.  We headed home and when we got back things kind of got crazy.  I got AP a snack and then Louie and one of the cats started terrorizing each other.  Annie teeteed again on a stool in her bathroom and my mom was trying to rearrange stuff on bookshelf.  I got Graves to sleep and then they left and I put AP down for rest time.  Ugh.  She had two more teetee accidents during rest time. WHAT IS THE DEAL? I tried not to get frustrated, but we've gone weeks with no accidents and that day we had like what, FIVE? Ugh, anyway, I got on Twitter and put some pictures on Facebook.  We went over to my parents for beans when Peyton got home.  Actually when he got home, I was literally laying on the floor being crawled and climbed all over.  Anyway, Ellis and Minda and Logan ended up coming.  So fun....so many of my favorite people all in one room!  We gave AP a bath before we left and put the kids right to bed after we got home.
 
Bubba LOVED his beans!

Annie got up and had one more accident.  Peyton asked her about it and she said she "wanted Momma to talk to me".  We decided it was an attention thing and that we'd try to focus more on  her, but we also told her she'd go to time out if she did it again.  NOW, I've always been kind of horrified about punishing for potty training issues, but she's been potty trained for a good little while.  So...I think it was fair.

She did wet the bed that night, but we didn't punish her for that.  It was so gross, though, that Peyton gave her another bath after it happened at five A.M. and I went ahead and stripped her bed.  We put her in bed with us and went back to sleep for a bit.  We got up and got ready for church on Sunday and headed to Sunday school.  The lesson was good and Peyton was an usher at the late service.  We picked up a pizza and headed back to my parents' house.  We had a good time seeing them again and then we headed home.


We went by the grocery store to pick up food because Peyton's brother and his wife were going to come over for dinner.  Peyton called them to confirm while I was in the store, and they ended up not being able to make it so I just put everything back and left.  We got home and regrouped and then headed back to church for our last Radical meeting.  On the way home, we stopped back by Kroger for some birthday cake Oreos and also by Target for some Easter happies for the kids and a bra for me.  I also got Annie some leggings!  We got home and got the kids to bed and then I got on the computer and Peyton watched some T.V.

I think I'm ready for the routine of this week, but I'm not sure.  It was so nice having a break!

1 comment:

The Niemeyer Nest said...

I am exhausted just reading about your week!