Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Weekly Happenings Post #158 (March 19-25)-- Easing Back In

We had a good week last week.  I decided to ease back into our routine and we actually opted out of a couple of things just because I felt like it.  Sometimes it feels good to say "no".  Yes?

Okay, first, here's a picture I forgot last week that Cookie took:

Monday was a fun day.  We got up and got dressed and then I packed a lunch and got things together and my dad dropped Cookie off (they had taken her car to the shop) and we all headed to the zoo. We went by Primos to pick up breakfast first.  We had a fun time and we basically had the place to ourselves.  It was  a little overcast, but the temperature was perfect.    Cookie and Peyton did point out how small a few of the cages were and that made be a bit sad. Overall, it was another fun trip.  We dropped Cookie off on the way home and then Peyton needed to get to work.  We actually didn't eat our picnic, so we just ate it at home.

After the kids ate lunch, I put them down for naps and they did great.  Graves had missed his morning nap, so he slept a long time.  AP took awhile and once she fell asleep it was almost four.  I let her sleep a little past five and when I got her up she was so mad at me.  During their nap, I read some blogs and worked on my Weekly Happenings post; it takes awhile even though I do it each night now, to get all the pictures in and profread it and everything.  I went through the kids' Summer shoes that I had bought ahead and picked out the ones that would fit.  We played and I fed them dinner and unloaded and loaded dishes. I folded some laundry and got Graves to bed.  I let AP stay up and I called a babysitter for our Ultreya meeting that week and then we read and called Minnie and Cookie on the phone.  I put her to bed around nine thirty, but she took her last trip to the potty around 11:30.  I put pictures on Flikr and then fixed supper.  I realized I didn't have two ingredients for the hamburger corn pie I was making (it's Peyton's absolute fave; I think it's yuck) and he had to get them on the way home.  I read my Bible some and went to bed after I finished supper.

I went to bed a little too late and woke up a little too late on Tuesday.  We had MDO and since Peyton needed to run some errands and we were doing the one car thing, he brought us.  He helped me get everyone ready and out the door.  We had a good day at MDO and Peyton picked us up at 11:30.

 I fed the kids lunch and unloaded dishes and then loaded a bunch of dishes that I had rinsed the night before.  We took Peyton to work and both kids fell asleep in the car.  I was talking to Morgan on the phone and almost missed my exit. I put the phone down, but I still got honked at for changing lanes too late and getting in front of someone.  UGH.  Shows me for being on the phone.  We got home and of course, neither kid napped.  Graves stayed in his bed for twenty minutes and AP watched Charlie Brown and I chilled out a bit.  I gave them baths when they got up and then I fed them a snack and typed up this post from the beginning up to this point.  It makes me itch to not have it done each night.  My mom was supposed to come get the kids, but she ended up getting stuck in traffic on the way home to her house after some errands and got to my house late.  I was a bit frazzled from the whole day.  AP was in a state and I finally just let her wear her bathing suit home with my mom.
 [6-12 mo. pjs she found in a box I was packing up.  Tiny girl!]

Ha!  I finished getting ready and met one of my sponsors and we rode together to my first Junior League meeting.  I'm going to do a whole post about it, but I'm really excited about this opportunity!  I got gas on the way to my parents' and when I got there, I nursed Graves and changed his diaper. AP took forever to leave (a potty trip, ect.) and then we headed to get Peyton.  She told me that she had to teetee on the way to Byram and I asked her if she could hold it (about twenty minutes).  She said yes and I was glad because I would have just turned around and gone back to my parents' house.  She was wearing no shoes and Graves was asleep and noway was I attempting a gas station.  Anyway, she was asleep by the time we got there and I could have been.  Peyton drove home and we put the kids right to bed.  I ate a row of Thin Mints and played on Twitter and then went to bed.  Peyton woke Annie up to use the potty before we went to bed and she basically did it in her sleep. No accidents that night!

I decided not to go to Bible study Wednesday morning.  Graves had had a really tough night and was tired and I knew AP could use some chill time at home.  He ended up going to sleep after I nursed him and sleeping until almost ten.  AP watched Sesame Street and Kipper in our bed and I snoozed a bit and when Graves woke up, I took a bath.  I fed the kids breakfast/lunch and had some lunch myself and then I started dishes and laundry and did some picking up.  Peyton got home from a meeting and I changed both the kids' bedding and then my mom came over.

 We took the bed rail off and I think the room looks so much better!

We hung some pictures and then Peyton and I went to the gym just so I could look around and check it out.  Momma left and we put both kids down and did our Christian Believer readings.  I got on the computer for a bit and then Peyton and I chatted.  We had to wake up both kids and then we got ready and left.
 [Of course, this was Papa's idea.]

  The study was good and when we got home we we fed AP dinner and put the children to bed. I got on the computer and straightened the house and went to bed.

Peyton helped me get the kiddos ready for MDO on Thursday and took us.  To be honest, it was a really long, tiring morning.  We had several drop ins and we also have a couple of kids that come only on Thursday so it was just really, really busy.  We ended up staying to help with lunch even though I wasn't signed up to.  Peyton picked up up and AP fell asleep in the car.  After we got home, Peyton left for work and I fed Graves and let him play a little and then put him down.  They didn't sleep that long, but I did have a little bit of time to chill out.  When they got up, I unloaded and loaded dishes and then we went outside.  Graves was super fussy and I had a headache.  We came in for a snack and Graves had a terrible diaper.  I changed it and cleaned the toilet and then folded and put up laundry.  We went back outside for a few minutes and then I put Graves to bed.  I gave AP a bath and she ate supper and then I put her to bed.   She took forever to go to sleep and my headache was worse.  I ended up getting in bed before Peyton got home.

Friday started out really good.  I woke up rested and took a leisurely bath since Peyton was home.  He left to go work out and I got the kids dressed and cleaned up the house a bit while Graves napped.  We picked up Chik Fil A and went over to the Howie's.  We had a good visit and it was fun to get back in the swing of things.

Things got a little crazy, though, when Aubrey and AP were playing by themselves in Jude's room.  The game they were playing scared AP  and she got pretty upset right as I was in the middle of changing Graves's diaper. I explained to her that it was just for fun and then we left in a hurry to take Peyton to work.  We ended up being so late, so we met him at the a different Walgreens where he was dropping off stuff and then dropped him off at his store.  Annie fell asleep on the way home, but I kept Graves up.  For some reason, he still wouldn't nap.  They stayed in bed for close to an hour, though.  They played while I did some stuff around the house and AP was being sort of ugly to Graves.  She had to take a few trips to time out.  We went over to my parents and that was a nice break.

We picked up Peyton on the way home and dropped the kids in bed.  I got on the computer and he watched tv.

[My mom got me a few new dresses.  I always pick the thing that is more comfortable/cuter and never the one that is more flattering.  I like the ones on the right b/c they're super comfy and more unique, but I think the ones on the left are more flattering in color and fit!]

Peyton left for work about the time Graves got up on Saturday.  Annie woke up shortly after and I got in the tub while she watched Sesame Street on Netflix. 
 When I saw this, I stopped and AP and I had a special prayer time for several of our friends who have adopted or are in the process of adopting and for the future of our own family!

 I fed the kids breakfast and stripped both their beds.  I put fresh sheets on Graves's bed and made a phone call to schedule a time to go have a free "consultation" at the gym.  I put Graves down for his nap and got on the computer for a bit, and fixed myself the BEST breakfast (toasted wheat bread from Great Harvest with Nutella and fresh strawberries) and then did a few things around the house (made our bed, brought clothes to the laundry room, ect.) and then I got out AP's finger puppets and made up some stories with them.  She LOVED that, of course.  We woke up Graves and got ready and headed to the park.  We had such a good time and ended up staying longer than I expected (the whole trip was over an hour and a half).

When we got home, I fed them a super late lunch and started unloaded dishes and rotating laundry.  I put Graves down and then AP cleaned up her toys and then I read to her and put her down for a nap.  They both went to sleep SO fast.  I got on the computer and wrote a post and caught up on Twitter.
I was folding this up and "Winter Song" started playing and my heart flip flopped.  When I question what I do, my heart returns to these moments.

 I finally ended up having to wake AP up.  Of course, she didn't want to get up, so I let her watch some Charlie Brown.  Peyton got home and we hung out with him some and then went to dinner.  We got BBQ at The Haute Pig.  It was the first time and it was really good.  AP LOVED the baked beans.  We went by my parents to pick up something on the way home and visited for a bit.  We dropped the kids in bed and I cleaned up the house and got on the computer.
You can't tell me she's too big for a bubble!

I had children's church on Sunday and I woke up feeling really sick at my stomach.  I could tell it was probably something I ate and I made myself get ready.  Peyton actually did end up taking his car because he had to do something before work and it was just going to be really difficult to try to do it with only one.  Children's church went well and then in Sunday school we had a guest speaker come talk to us about a mission project.  When we got home, I fed the kids lunch and picked up around the house and then put them down for naps.  I got on the computer and ordered AP some bows and then I took a little nap.  They didn't sleep long.  When the kids woke up, I put up some clothes in their room and attempted to take some pictures of them.

We got ready to go back to church for an Easter Egg hunt, but AP bumped her head and had an accident.  We finally got on our way. Annie had fun playing on the church playground and then they had a special worship time for the kids and a hamburger dinner.  There was a gospel group singing afterward and we stayed for part of that. Peyton met us there and he and AP went to the grocery store and I put Graves to bed when we got home.  I got on the computer and then cooked a veggie dinner (okra, corn, potatos, zuchini, a cucumber salad and boiled eggs).  We cleaned up the kitchen and got AP to to bed and I got back on the computer.

This week has been/will be SO busy.  It's fun stuff, but whew!  That's why this was late and I'll probably be a little absent the rest of the week, too.

No comments: