Thursday, March 29, 2012

Weekly Smorgasbord

Y'all I am so, so late on this. This week has really kept me on my toes and my blog has been sadly neglected. I did think I'd (finally) go ahead and share last week's links:P




Posted: 25 Mar 2012 09:30 PM PDT
I think this is a very interesting post, in general. However, the thing I think that is the most interesting is that (at least in my experience) using the word "penis" is not really taboo, but using the word "vagina" almost always is.  I mean I have no problem saying something about a penis, but I literally cannot say vagina without feeling icky.  I never thought about it being a social construct.
Letters to My Daugther: On Being Beautiful - Narrow Paths to Higher Places
Posted: 25 Mar 2012 08:41 PM PDT
"When the world tells you that you are not enough, you are lacking, you are deficient, look to the one who created you and know that these lies offer only counterfeits of true beauty."

 This post reminds me of a post that I wrote once on beauty. I love Alia's words
Posted: 25 Mar 2012 05:44 PM PDT
Maybe I'm more crunchy than I realize. This tugged at my heart so much.
Planned Parenthood Supporters Mock Abortion Survivor
Posted: 19 Mar 2012 12:16 PM PDT
Wow, this is just horrible.
Posted: 18 Mar 2012 10:08 PM PDT
"I think that wherever you are with kids, you're always at capacity. When I had one kid, I was at capacity. When I had two kids, I was at capacity. Now I'm at capacity at four..I think it's the Lord that grows our capacity with each child He blesses us with."
Posted: 18 Mar 2012 10:06 PM PDT
"I think we could debate all day about whether or not their choice to focus on advocacy vs. aid is the best use of resources, but the bottom line is, they are filmmakers and this is how they've been moved to act."
Posted: 18 Mar 2012 09:37 PM PDT
"He is Lord over the life celebration and Lord over severe acute malnutrition. He is good in the life celebration, and He is good in the severe acute malnutrition. He is. Thank you Jesus."
Posted: 18 Mar 2012 09:35 PM PDT
Really great post. I struggled with this at first, too (and still do at points- like when I totally "waste" a day), but I feel like I am SO much more confident in my decision to be at home for this season (and also so much less judgmental of those who make a different choice).
Posted: 18 Mar 2012 09:27 PM PDT
Y'all know I am a bit obsessed with lists, so I *loved* this.
Posted: 18 Mar 2012 09:24 PM PDT
"Day by day, decision by decision, response by response, we are shaping the view on life that our children will take with them when they grow up and leave our homes as independent individuals."

Enjoy

2 comments:

Carrie said...

Loved the post about being at capacity. I totally feel that way right now. As we pray about child #4, I just keep telling the Lord that I'm going to have to trust Him that I won't go insane. Literally. Ha!

Peyton said...

I enjoyed the last post best, thanks