Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Weekly Happenings #159 (March 26-April 1)-- Hard at Work

Last week was um, long.  Peyton worked and had meetings one day, worked a twelve hour shift in a town over an hour away the next day and worked a double the next day.  Plus, I substituted one day this week.  It was just a lot.  I'm glad this week has been more normal so far!

I decided to take it easy Monday.  I took a bath when Graves got up and then AP woke up and we all had breakfast.  I changed over laundry and then gave Graves a bath and put him down for his nap.  I got on the computer for a minute and then gave AP a bath. Then we snuggled on the couch and watched cartoons until he woke up.  The kids played and I unloaded dishes.  They had lunch and I reloaded dishes and then ate my lunch. We read a few books and I folded some laundry and then I put them down for their naps.
  I got on the computer, but it kept freezing up and I got frustrated.  Peyton got home and the kids woke up and we all hung out and then I headed to the gym for my free consultation.  Peyton took the kids to his parents' house.  The consult was good and then I went by Target for a few things.  Um, I ended up shopping and got several things I didn't need.  When I got home, I worked on a little painting project.  Peyton and the kids got home and I nursed Graves and put him to bed.  AP played a bit and then we put her to bed.  She would not go to sleep!  Peyton and I talked while I folded clothes and then I ate dinner and got things ready for the next day.  I did my Beth Moore Bible study and some Christian Believer and then got on the computer.  I was up way too late.

I subbed at my old elementary school on Tuesday.  It was fun, but tiring (I had three year olds).  The worst part was when they took a nap.  I forgot to bring anything to read.  I'd peak at my phone some, but I didn't want to be on it the whole time.  Anyway, I got home and my mom had picked up the kids from MDO (Peyton had dropped them off).  Momma and I talked some and then she left.  I made our bed, picked up laundry, and vacuumed the kitchen floor and a diaper bag and AP's car seat.  My dad stopped by to pick something up and we went outside and played some.  I got ready and fed Graves and then Peyton's dad came over to keep the kids so I could go fill out paper work and have my picture made for the Junior League.  I stopped by Subway on the way home.  Graves was asleep and I fed AP some more supper and read Christian Believer and then I read to her and put her to bed.  I got on the computer and chatted with Peyton when he got home.
This came in the mail for next Winter- isn't it the cutest thing?

Graves slept SO good that night...probably the longest stretch ever.  Peyton had to work in a town about an hour and a half away so he left early. We got up on Wednesday and went to my Beth Moore Bible study.  It was the last time and I'm kind of sad it's over.  It's been my favorite study of her's so far!  We went by the grocery store on the way home and then I fed the kids lunch and started some laundry.  I picked up around the house and then folded some clothes.  I talked to Morgan on the phone and gave both kids baths and put them down for naps.  I finished up reading for Christian Believer and then got on the computer.  We got ready and headed to church.  Since Peyton wasn't there, I had to lead the group and it went okay, but I'm not as good at keeping everyone on point as he is.  We got home and I put the kids in bed and got on the computer.  Peyton made it home and we talked some and went to bed.

We were all back at MDO on Thursday.  It was a good day and we ended up staying for lunch.  Poor Graves had a hard time that morning (I think his teeth were bothering him), but he got better and took a good nap.  We stayed through lunch and when we got home, the kids played and I got to work straightening up the house.  It was really ridiculous and it probably took me thirty minutes just to "tidy" since I hadn't done it the night before.  I unloaded and reloaded dishes and changed over laundry and made our bed and then I put the kids down for naps.  I got on the computer and checked Twitter and worked on my blog design for April.  Graves woke up and I woke up AP and I vacuumed the living room and kitchen and then we got ready and went to my parents' house for dinner (chicken, noodles and broccoli).   We had fun and I gave the kids baths and then we headed home.  I put the kids to bed, but AP kept getting up to teetee.  I mopped the kitchen and swept and scrubbed the bathroom floors and then got back on the computer and finished my Smorgasbord post.  Peyton got home and I realized I had meant to cook dinner.  He said he'd just have a sandwich and I resolved to do better next week (seriously, cooking is one area of my life I have GOT to get better about).  I went to bed early (for me).

Graves woke up early to eat on Friday and I nursed and snuggled him and put him back in his bed.  He slept about an hour and then AP woke up.  I brought her in our room while I took a bath and then Graves woke up.  I dried my hair and we all had breakfast.  I unloaded dishes and the kids played and then Graves took a nap.  AP watched Max and Ruby and I got on the computer and then we went in our room and I put up a bunch of mine and Peyton's hanging clothes and put some clothes back in a dresser drawer he had fixed.  Random aside: Peyton got really riled up about some rude behavior displayed by Max that went unaddressed.  We are those absurd TV parents. It's ironic, though, because he'll probably let AP watch R rated movies WITH HIM when she's a teenager.  Anyway, Graves woke up and I folded more laundry and put up some of Annie's Winter pjs.  The Howies had been planning on coming over but AP and I both had gross coughs so we had to cancel and I had called Ellis since I had some tilapia that Peyton and I didn't eat the night before.  He got here and I cooked us lunch. We had such a good time catching up and Minda, his girlfriend, came by as soon as she got into town (she lives in Memphis).  As they were leaving, my mom stopped by.  She only stayed for a minute and AP got upset about having to take a nap.  I put her in her "cool down chair" (different from time out) and started washing the lunch dishes.  I looked up a few minutes later and she was gone.  I peeked in and she was in her bed reading!  I finished up dishes and got on the computer for a little bit.  Peyton got home and we visited and then got the kids up.  We had more groupons and so we met the Powers, our friends from church, at the Haute Pig for dinner.  We had a good time and put the kids to bed when we got home.  I got on the computer and went to bed myself.

I got up after the kids and Peyton and took a bath on Saturday. Peyton took AP to go on a long walk and Graves and I had breakfast and I gave him a bath and put him down for his nap.  Peyton and AP walked NINE miles (she walked/ran about a mile he said(!!!) and he pushed her in a stroller the rest of the time) and Graves took such a long nap I was able to really work on a sewing project I've been putting off.

After he woke up, we had lunch and then he played while I organized some clothes to go to the attic.  Peyton and AP got home and we attempted naps while Peyton cut the yard.  Annie wasn't wanting to stay in her bed and she spent a lot of time in time out.  I got SO frustrated with her and was really loosing my temper when Peyton came in and took over.  We all got ready and went to a worship service the Pointe (our church's old church plant) was having.  AP ended up staying with Haydn and Mary Milton while we went with Morgan.  We picked up AP and stopped by home and then Hobby Lobby for some sewing supplies and then went out to Renaissance (a shopping center in the area) because we hadn't been in so long. I got a few things from the sale room at the Anthro and we went by Dairy Queen for ice cream on the way home. When we got home, I cleaned up the house and got on the computer and then went to bed.

We went to Sunday school and church on Sunday.  It was Palm Sunday and the kids were so cute with their palms.  AP was still a little young this year, but I can't wait for next year!  Her Sunday school teacher, Mrs. Penny (who she is OBSESSED with) found out that her birthday was tomorrow and she brought her some cookies.  So sweet!  When we got home, we all had lunch and then we put the kids down for naps.  I worked on (and almost finished!) two different projects and then had some computer time.  When the kids got up, Peyton took them outside to wash cars and I cleaned up the kitchen and straightened the house.  I went outside and played with them for a bit and then we came in and I started fixing spaghetti for supper.

 Peyton fed Graves his supper and I straightened up the bedrooms and study and vacuumed them.  We put Graves to bed and AP, Peyton and I had dinner at the table.  Peyton gave Annie a bath while I made a grocery list and we put her to bed and went to bed ourselves a bit later.

Like I said, this week is shaping up to be pretty low key and I'm glad!

No comments: