Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Weekly Happenings #164 (April 30- May 6)-- A Little Low


 Nothing like capturing a fit in the family picture!

Last week was kind of rough.  I was just "down" and didn't feel like myself.  Thankfully, I'm on the way back up this week and I appreciate all the support y'all show me when I go through these spells.

We headed back from New Orleans on Monday.  Graves woke up pretty early, so we all got ready and checked out of the hotel by around eight.  We got on the road and then stopped at a Waffle House to eat around ten.  We dropped my mom off at my dad's office and came home.  Peyton had to work that afternoon, so he emptied the trunk and then I unloaded my car and vacuumed the kids' seats and the rest of the backseat.  I got most of our bags unpacked and started laundry while the kids ate lunch and then Peyton left.  I put them down for naps/rest time and then I just relaxed.  All that walking the day before had worn me out!  When Graves woke up, I helped AP clean up her room and then gave them both baths and then we headed to my parents' because I wanted to pick up an outfit for Graves that my mom had hemmed because it was "orange day" at MDO the next day.  We ended up staying for supper (chicken pot pie) and the kids both ended up requiring another bath (Graves is just a terribly messy eater and AP got magic marker on herself).  They both fell asleep on the way home.

 Annie resting with The General.  And yes, I put her to bed in her clothes.

I uploaded pictures and finished my Weekly Happenings post and then after Peyton got home, I made some berry tea and went to bed.

Of course, I didn't give myself enough time to get ready for Mother's Day Out on Tuesday, but Peyton helped me.  It was kind of a weird day for some reason- we took the kids outside and I think they just got hot and tired.  I got emotional when one of the ladies started talking about how "a son is a son until he takes a wife".

Anyway, on the way out Morgan asked if we wanted to come over for lunch.  We were all tired, but it had been awhile, so I said yes.  Annie was just ill over most everything and wouldn't touch her lunch.  I knew she was so tired, but it was frustrating.  Graves actually did great for not having had a real nap at all.  He fell asleep on the way home and transferred easily. Annie talked to Peyton for a few minutes before he had to leave for work and then I put her down.  She didn't ever go to sleep and there was lots of putting her back in bed/getting stuff for her. I worked on a post and got  on Twitter.  Graves woke up, but I nursed him and he fell back asleep for a little bit longer.

I got them both up and we cleaned up their room- I had let AP get out some puzzles since she wasn't sleeping.
 

 We went outside and then I fixed their supper and did dishes and a little laundry.  I gave them both baths and then my in laws came over with a birthday present for Peyton.  They visited a little bit and then it was Graves's bedtime.  I put him to bed and AP and I read some books and worked on letters.
 

 I was SO tired! Cookie called and we talked to her for about twenty minutes and then did our nightime routine.  Annie went to sleep super fast!  I got on the computer and finished a couple of posts and finished up my May blog design.  Peyton got home and we talked and ate leftovers and then I fell asleep on the couch.
[My mother in law wrote this on my Facebook because I was saying how said it made me when people talk about "loosing" their little boys when they get married.  It was so sweet and made me tear up again.]

 I moved to the bed at some point and Graves slept from 7:00 until 5:00 the next morning.  I fed him and he slept another hour and a half!

Wednesday morning was pretty uneventful.  I took a bath and then we had breakfast.  The kids played while I folded and put up a bunch of laundry.
 

I talked to Darlene on the phone and fixed them lunch and then it was naptime.  I got on the computer and read the Scripture for Christian Believer and had a turnkey sandwich.  Peyton got home and we visited some and the kids got up.  We took Annie's monthly picture and then got ready.
 
 sock mittens!!!

 We went to church and then by Peyton's parents' house.  We got home and I got on the computer and then went to bed.

Peyton was working Thursday afternoon, but AP has been missing him so much lately, so he kept her home from MDO

I got up with the kids on Friday morning and fed them breakfast and did some computer stuff for Junior League and started a load of dishes.  I bathed Graves and then when Peyton got up I went and caught about another half hour of sleep.  It's getting harder, but I can still do that- get up, get moving, and then go back to sleep.  Anyway, after I got back up he went outside and worked in the yard and AP played in her kiddie pool.  Graves stayed in with me and I straightened up the house some and then I went to the gym while Peyton got ready for the day.  When I got home, I took a super quick bath and got ready and we headed out to do some errands.  I really just wanted the time together- we went to the MPhA office, Cokesbury and our church and got a Sonic treat.  Both kids napped in the car and when we got home AP had a major meltdown because she wanted to keep "riding around".  The kids played and I got on the computer and then fixed their lunch.  I did dishes and then I watched Temple Grandin (the movie I started a month ago!) and folded laundry while they played.  It took a while to watch an hour of the movie because of the um, little interruptions.  Anyway, after that we went to my parents' for beans and rice.  We had fun!  My dad and Graves rolled a ball to each other for about ten minutes and literally, I don't think I've ever seen either of them happier.  It made me want to cry.
  


The kids fell asleep on the way home, but AP woke up at the transfer.  I read to her and prayed with her and she went right back to sleep.  Peyton had called and told me he stuck himself with a dirty needle, so I was kind of nervous and weird.  He ended up going to walk with his brother after work and I did some computer stuff and went to sleep.

I got up with Graves and fed him breakfast and then took a bath right after Peyton left for work on Saturday.  Annie woke up and they played some and I started laundry.  We had a low key morning and I finished changing over AP's closet for Summer.  I changed her sheets and cleaned up the kitchen a little and then I fixed the kids' lunch.  I did dishes and folded some laundry.
 

 I had mentioned going to the grocery store, but thought we might go after naps.  AP had been looking forward to it, though, so we just went ahead.  I only needed a few things.  We got through pretty fast- as fast as you can be with two kids. We got home and I got them both down for naps.  I put a bunch of pictures up on Flikr and then realized one of my albums was totally disorganized so I organized it.  AP never went to sleep but they stayed in their room over an hour.  When the kids got up, they were both SUPER grumpy.  It was a long afternoon.  Graves was just cranky and AP pitched fit after fit over her shoe getting wet, Graves touching her stuff, ect.  They had a snack and we played outside and then some in their room.
 

When Peyton finally got home, I just took a little breather.  We fed them dinner and I got Graves to bed.  Peyton had to go back to the grocery store and I put Annie to bed.  I got back on the computer and when Peyton got home, I made roasted red pepper soup that was SO good! We ate  and went to sleep.

Peyton helped me get the kids ready and I was doing so good on time on Sunday morning that I ironed a big pile of stuff that had been building up in the laundry room after I got the kids' outfits ironed.  We went to church and AP sat with us the whole service. She did great!  Peyton had to go to work, so I went to Sunday school by myself.  Our associate pastor was teaching from Exodus and it was really interesting.  After church, we ran by Kroger (ha!) and got a few things.  I fixed the kids lunch when we got home and started browning some meet and making spaghetti for something at church that night.  I tidied up the house and put the kids down for naps.  I ate my lunch and caught up on Twitter and a few blogs.  When the kids got up, we cleaned up their room and all got ready and then loaded up the car for church.  A group is volunteering at Stewpot and  another girl and  I were keeping the kids that night. We left early enough that I had time to run by Sonic for a drink.  It worked out PERFECT because both kids fell asleep.
 
[If Peyton had been with us, I would've called this perfect.  Still a nine outa ten.  The boss is a nice back up beau ;)]

That ended up being great because we were at the church for a long time.  We didn't leave until around nine.  We had fun eating snack and playing outside and in the gym, but y'all there was a lot of energy!  I was pretty tired when I got home.  I put Graves to bed and Peyton helped me get AP down.  I got on the computer and fixed a chicken pot pie.  I ate and went on to bed.

1 comment:

The Niemeyer Nest said...

I am so glad that you are feeling better. Graves and AP are so adorable! I love the bubble on Graves. CUTE!!!