Friday, June 22, 2012

Five Minute Friday Prompt: Risk

Five Minute Friday

I decided to try my fingers at a little Five Minute Friday prompt today.


It's so much easier being on all fours than trying to stand on two chubby legs.  Life is less difficult lower to the ground. Finding his balance is hard work.  Surely, finding his stride will be harder.  But, standing and walking are worth the risk.  Aren't they?

Climbing to the top of her playhouse couldn't have been without a little apprehension the first time and soaring as high as she does in the swing was probably a little scary, too.  But exploring and flying are worth the risk.  Aren't they?

Letting him see the places know one else sees and the fears no one else knows scares me a little and letting his lifelong plans become our soonish plans can be frightening, too, at first.  But loving and dreaming are worth the risk.  Aren't they?

Yes. Yes. And heck, yes.

3 comments:

Dolly@Soulstops said...

Hi Sarah,

Great photos and thoughts about risks from your children to you...linked up behind you at FMF...nice to meet you :)

The Niemeyer Nest said...

I love that "letting him see the places no one else sees" - that really spoke to me. I just did that very thing over pizza with the kids. Marriage is all about the good, the bad and the ugly!

Peyton said...

Was I looking at a killer or something in that photo. My eyes look like a train's about to hit me.