Friday, June 29, 2012

Flashback Friday: Vintage "Ba-kini" {Circa 1988}

Annie is obsessed with playing dress up right now and one of her favorite things to wear is her swimsuits.  I guess it's a good thing because she has far too many to use exclusively for water activity ;)

Anyway, my mom found this old swimsuit of mine and Annie adores it.
SD and AP- both at three years old

It's pretty worn out on the hiney, but I love seeing her in it.  By the way, I've shared a picture before, but that smocking? Courtesy of Minnie herself.  She did the smocking and my grandmother, Bump, pieced the suit together. It's a little bit special :)

As a little aside, I had to share with y'all how Annie says "ba-kini".  It's pretty much hysterical.  It takes her a second, though.  Start it at the one minute mark if you're impatient. [Also, ignore the rude "No" in response to her papa.  I feel the need to say something because it's my pet peeve when gets forget (or parents forget to insist on) the "ma'am" and "sir".] 
video

She's fairly precious, no?

1 comment:

The Niemeyer Nest said...

That is a beautiful suit! Love the comparison photo.