Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Weekly Happenings Post #168 (May 28- June 3)-- The Nasty Infection Strikes Again


Last week started out nice and fun, but it took a turn for the worse when I got really sick on Thursday. I seriously hate it when the kids or Peyton is sick, but I feel like the worst is when momma gets sick.  I know I just feel so helpless and it sucks big time.  I'm really thankful that since we've had AP I've never had anything that lasted more than maybe thirty six hours.  I really hope it stays that way!

Monday was Memorial Day, but Peyton had to work, so we didn't do much during the day.  I got up with Graves around the time Peyton left for work- a little after eight.  I fed him breakfast and AP woke up and then I took a bath while he played and she watched Elmo.  He was so fussy, so I put him down for a nap.  I was going to try to be productive, but I ended up being lazy and watching Elmo with AP.  When he woke up, I did more work on changing over my closet and organized the videos and stuff in the the area by the TV in our room.  Graves was still really cranky so I gave him some Tylenol and we headed outside.  We played for a bit, but it was SO hot!  We came in and I did dishes and then folded and hung up laundry while they ate lunch.  I gave them both baths and then it was nap time.  They actually both took LONG naps and I ate lunch and just relaxed and then I did a bunch of computer stuff- putting pictures on Facebook and Flikr, going through my Reader and finishing up lasts week's WH post.   I started getting ready and then they woke up and I got them ready and fed them a snack because we were going to Peyton's parents' house for Memorial Day.  Peyton got home and we were actually ready when he got here!  We piled in the car and headed over to the Herringtons.  We had a great time visiting and eating and then Peyton's parents took the kids for a stroll and we just chilled out and talked to his brothers. 

 Graves fell asleep on the way home and AP ate a little more and then we got her ready and put her to bed.

Peyton went to work out around eight on Tuesday and that's about when Graves got up.  I fed him breakfast and started some laundry and when Peyton got home I took a bath and did a few things around the house and then we left to run errands.  Peyton took his car with the kids to do the recycling and I left a little later and went to Best Buy because we were trying to get a stereo put in my car so I could actually play more than the radio and cassette tapes.  The guy that did the installations wasn't there yet, so I met Peyton and we all went to Lowes to get a ceiling fan for the kids' room.  We went back to Best Buy and then we went to Walmart.  I needed some new bras and we needed a new step stool and also some essential groceries like Bagel Bites and popsicles.  [Peyton hates Walmart, but sometimes we cave, ha!]  We got home and fed the kids lunch and Peyton got ready for work and then I gave Graves a super quick bath (I nursed him and bathed him in less than fifteen minutes!) and we left to pick up my car.
[Live changing.  I had been listening to music on YouTube via my phone. Ha!]

 I went by the bank on the way home and Graves fell asleep in the car.  I transferred him and got AP ready for rest time.  They rested for about an hour and I did a little laundry and then just wasted it on the computer.

When they got up, I went through some bishop dresses a friend had given us and some clothes my mom had bought the kids.  I also sorted some of the kids Winter pjs I thought they might could wear next year.  I even put them in the crib together and ran up in the attic to get some more small-ish boxes for my closet changeover.  We went outside for about an hour and then it was super time for the kiddos.  They ate and I tried to plunge a potty AP had clogged up, but I couldn't get it.  I dusted in the kids' room  and then I folded some towels and cleaned up the kitchen and put Graves to bed.  He had a really hard time falling asleep and that just undoes me.  UGH.  He finally went to sleep and AP kept asking for a bath. She takes them with Graves mostly (she always wants to), but that's so rushed because um my little boy loves to make a "mess" in his bath.  Anyway, I let her have a nice soak and I folded some more clothes and dusted my dressing table.  I took everything out because the top stays open and it gets yucky.  Apparently, it's been too long since I've done that ;) I dusted the chest of drawers and scrubbed the area around our bathroom sink.  That had been too long, too!  I started typing up the days' happenings and then got her out.  Apparently there's a lot you can get done with one contained child! I got her out and put her to bed and got on the computer for a bit and then Peyton got home.  We watched The Vow and were up way too late.  I realized I hadn't ever put the sheets that were in the dryer on our bed and we were both too tired, so we slept on blankets on top of the mattress.  Ha!

Wednesday morning I was pretty tired.  Graves had actually slept well, but AP was up for almost an hour after she had a bad dream. That combined with my late night did not make for a fun morning, especially since Graves woke up early.  I fed him breakfast and then took a bath and put up the laundry I had folded the night before and then AP woke up.  I put fresh sheets on her bed and ours and gave her a bath and we played a little and then I put Graves down for a morning nap.  While he snoozed we just watched Max and Ruby and ate breakfast.

 When he woke up, I worked on my closet some more and folded some more clothes.  I fixed the kids lunch and put up more laundry and my mom came over for a little visit.  We had fun and when she left I put the kids down for naps and got on the computer.  I worked on a couple of posts and then got the kids up.  We just hung out and played and then Peyton got home.  He took a nap since he was working an overnight and I folded more(!!) laundry and put it up.  When Peyton got up, we got ready and headed to Broadstreet for dinner.  The kids both fell asleep on the way home and we drove around some.  Peyton got ready for work and got on the computer and finished my posts and worked on June's design.  I put some pictures on Flikr and went to bed.

I was up a ton in the night.  Annie got upset because of the thunder AND she had an accident and then Graves woke up once.  I noticed when I was nursing him one side hurt really bad and throughout the night it kept getting worse.  Honestly, it just felt "full" so I dismissed it.  I thought about getting him up but he had been so lazy when he nursed the first time and I didn't want to wake him up and frustrate us both if he had a hard time going back to sleep.  I thought about pumping but my pump is packed up tight.  Anyway, I woke up around four and took some aspirin because my head was killing me.  When I woke up at five on Thursday I was super hot.  I took my temp and it was 101.5 and that was an hour after medicine!  I called Peyton to tell him a) we wouldn't be taking the day trip to Granny's we had planned b) I thought I had mastitis and c) we might need to find a grandmother or some sort of childcare for the morning so he could sleep.  He told me not to worry and he faxed my OB to see if he could get my script refilled from last Summer when I had mastitis.  I went back to sleep on the couch and stayed there until eight when Graves woke up.  I fed him breakfast and Peyton got home.  He had a biscuit from CFA for me and said he felt fine and would stay up with the kids.  I went back to bed after I called the doctor- I was SO thankful (and a bit shocked) they refilled my prescription after almost a year.

Peyton put Graves down for a morning nap and was dozing while AP watched a movie.  Graves slept a good stretch so Peyton got a little rest.I slept most of the morning and then went and got my medicine.  Peyton said he didn't think he should really be driving and I was feeling some better.  When I got home, I took a bath and did a few small things- started washing Annie's bedding, took out the recycling and trash, and cleaned up the cat barf I had intentionally ignored when I found it in the laundry room the night before.     I slept some more and then got up to eat lunch and fed Graves.  Peyton watched the kids some more and when Graves took his second nap, AP rested in our bed because it was thundering again.  Peyton took her to run some errands and I got up and worked on a few blog posts.  They got home and we fed the kids dinner and played with them until bedtime.  I cooked fish for us and cleaned up the kitchen.  I was feeling better and even scrubbed the high chair and microwave.  I got on the computer and went to bed.
[She fell asleep in time out (she was in time out for getting out of bed).]

Friday morning I woke up and fed Graves breakfast and then when Peyton got up, I went back to bed and slept almost all morning.  My mom came over before lunch and I got up and talked to her and then took a bath while Peyton planted some flowers and she played with AP (Graves was napping).  Peyton left for work and my mom headed home and I was in tears I still felt so bad.  I got my act together, though, and straightened the kids room and the living room while they ate lunch.  I did some dishes, vacuumed the kitchen, and put sheets on AP's bed and then I took the kiddos outside for an hour.
[Like I said, she's obsessed with the vintage Cinderella book from Minnie.]

FINALLY it was nap time.  Graves wouldn't sleep because I think his morning nap was too late and AP wasn't in the best state either.  It was a stressful naptime, for sure.  I ended up getting on the computer to look up some stuff because a friend had sent me a (totally sweet) email asking me about some of our theological differences of opinion.  When I finally let the kids get up, we got ready and headed right to Mickey and Minnie's.  They played and I just relaxed and it was nice to have a real break.  We ate and gave them both baths and they both fell asleep on the way home.  I did some more research when I got home and then visited some with Peyton.  He played a video game for a bit and then we chatted and went to bed.

On Saturday morning, I got up with the kids when Peyton left for work.  We had breakfast and I took a bath and then I let them watch a little Elmo while I emailed a friend and wrote another email to our Wednesday night group.

We played some and then headed outside for about an hour.  I made a to-do list for the upcoming week and filled in my planner.  We came in and had lunch and I put them down for early naps.  Graves only slept for an hour and AP, of course, didn't sleep at all.  We got ready and I took AP's monthly picture and then we left for a birthday party at the splash pad.

Last time we went to one of those, I had my thumb on AP the whole time and was practically making her hold my hand.  This time we had so many Sunday school friends there I was more laid back.  Well, I got to talking to someone and wasn't really watching her.  About that time a mom ran by and found her son in the parking lot.  It just scared me about "what could have been" and I was in a funk the rest of the party.  On the way home, we stopped by Sonic and I just felt so anxious.  I thought to myself "if I felt like this all the time, I'd have to get back on some medicine".  But then I remembered AP's first year and how I did feel like that so much and I did it.  I had never thought much about it before, but I realized it and I was really more proud of myself for doing that than for going through Graves's birth sans medicine.  It was a nice feeling.

We got home and the kids played and I tried to get Graves to nap, but he wouldn't.  Peyton got home and I took a bath and then we got ready and headed over to Patrick and Haley's for dinner. 
[brother/sister game of footsies.  Adorbs.]

 Patrick grilled chicken and we had soft tacos.  Yum!  We stayed late and the kids fell asleep in the car.

  I put my new design up on the blog and went to bed.

Peyton had to go in early to work on Sunday and it worked out well because the kids had been up so late, I really didn't want to make them get up for the early service anyway.  He left and I got ready and bathed the kids and got them ready and we left for Sunday school (of course) late.  It was a good lesson and also Communion Sunday.  That was nice.  We left church and I drove through McDonalds on the way home, mostly because I wanted a Coke.  Peyton had kind of picked on me about this post, and every time I listened to my new CD, I got so emotional and weird.  For some reason, it had just hurt my feelings so bad and I was being all dumb and emo.

Graves had fallen asleep, but he didn't transfer well.  I shared my lunch with AP and put her down and started to try to read some for Bible study that night.  They were so fussy and I just ended up putting the book up, I was so far behind anyway.  I made them stay in their beds for an hour, and then they ate a late lunch and I did dishes.  We had to be back at the church at 3:30 for a Sunday school meeting and I was out of diapers, so we went by Target.  We were running a bit late, and I flew through Target.  Graves fell asleep again in the car on the way to church.  We got there and the meeting went really well and then I had Bible study.  Annie fell asleep on the way home (way early for her) but Graves had taken a THIRD nap in the nursery.  It took awhile to get him to sleep.  We just talked and ate supper (oatmeal for me; egg rolls for Peyton...ahh) and then I watched an episode of Lost and went to bed.  Annie was up and hungry at midnight.  We normally do NOT fed our toddler in the middle of the night, but I knew what I had packed for the nursery was more of a snack and I really don't expect her to eat well in there, so I got her a bowl of cereal.  She ate it and I put her in bed with us so she wouldn't wake up Graves trying to go back to sleep.

This week is pretty laid back.  I'm just trying to knock out some things around the house and then this weekend we've got a lot of fun things planned!

No comments: