Friday, July 13, 2012

Letter to (Fifteen Month Old) Graves

Dear Graves,

You are so much more "Bud" than "Baby Graves" this month.  I stand by my declaration, however, that I will call you Baby Graves until the day you ask me not to.

The biggest news this month (and my, is it big news!) is that you are WALKING.  It takes you and your sister a little bit longer to get there, but y'all make it and it's the cutest thing once you start.  I love your little wobbly walk and how determined you are now that you know you can do it.  If you fall down, it makes not one ounce of difference.  You're right back up, usually without any tears.

You're a climber, now, too.  We let you climb on the chairs and it's pretty much your favorite activity.  We don't let you climb on the hearth and you hate that.  I took you and your sister to the park the other day and you wanted to do everything she was doing.  I know it won't be long!

I have other big news that I'm elated to share. You've taken an interest in books!  I was worried you wouldn't ever be interested and that made me so sad, since I think reading is so important.  Anyway, you've started bringing us books and we've decided your favorite is a little board book called "Penguin, Say Please!".

In addition to "Momma", you now say "Uh Oh", "Ball", and "Whoa".  The other day you put two words together and said "Oh Oh, Ball!" when you accidentally rolled your ball behind something and it was out of reach.  I'm sure it was a fluke, but I couldn't help but be proud of how smart you are!

Your hair has gotten so blond this Summer and I love it.  Someone told me today how much you favor your papa and that was a first.  I tend to hear that you look a lot like me and I love that because you're sister so...doesn't.

We've very gradually started the weaning process and you are doing great with it.  You nurse three or four times a day and drink a couple of sippy cups of milk, plus you have three solid meals and an afternoon snack.

You are such a sweet boy and so full of personality these days.  You love being around people and you really like trying out new environments.  You're so independent, but you still like to snuggle here and there and I love those moments so.

Graves, we are so thankful for you and what a special baby you were and what a special little boy you are becoming.

Love,
Momma (and Papa)

P.S. Your outfit is a 12 mo.






No comments: