Wednesday, July 18, 2012

The 411 on SD

 

I saw several of my blog/Twitter friends were doing this and I always think posts like this are really fun, so I decided to give it a shot.

1. How long have you been blogging? And what got you started on blogging? Has your blog changed?
Well, if you REALLY want to know...After I read Kodi's post I was inspired to go search for my Xanga from circa 2005.  You're welcom.  I started In the Warm Hold one hot July day four years ago, about a month inot our marriage and a month before we found out that we were expecting.  My, I was creative with post titles at that point. I've always liked to journal and I had started reading a few blogs and thought it would be fun to start my own.


I'd say my blog has changed a lot.  At first it was boring and full of terrible writing.  It went through a phase where it was more humorous than anything else, I think.  Now, I think it's kind of a mixed bag, which I like.  I like to do deep posts and I totally us it as a tool to figure things out, but it's also a "scrapbook" and a journal for our lives.  It meets a lot of needs :)


2. Did you go to college? If so, where, and what did you study?
Yes.  I went to Mississippi College (a small college near home) and got a degree in Elementary Education (with a minor in history).

3. Where have you traveled?
I've been to New York City, Washington D.C.; most states in the Deep South; Tahoe City, California; San Francisco, and Saint Thomas and Saint Johns.

4. If you won the lottery, what would be the first thing you would buy?
I would totally "buy" our house as a gift to my husband.  The look on his face when he found out we had zero debt would be priceless.  And I'll see it in a few years, praise God.


5. What are your 3 biggest pet peeves?
Dub and serious: 1) apathy 2) when people online us the word "literally" and they don't mean literally at all
3) hypocrisy

6. What is your favorite movie?
Probably When Harry Met Sally


7. What is your drink of choice: wine, beer or liquor. Or Water, Soda, Tea?
1. liquor in a (weak) cocktail and 2. Coca Cola


8. What is something you enjoy to do when you have me time?
Blogging and eating (alone).  Ha!


9. If you could have $10,000 shopping spree too one store, which store would it be?
Anthro. No question.

10. Share an embarrassing moment of your past? Or present.
Um, when AP was a baby and I forgot to wear nursing pads to Target and had to stuff my bra with Kleenex.  Or the countless other times I stuffed my bra during my Junior High years?


11. What day would you love to relive again?
I can't pick one- our wedding or either kids' birth.  Our wedding was so neat because it was one of the coolest worship experiences I had ever been a part of followed by one of the most fun parties I've been to.  Annie's birth was awesome because she was our first, and because at first we really didn't think we were ready for her.  We both cried when she cried the first time.  Graves's birth was awesome because I did it naturally and it was a goal achieved and (at the risk of sounding dramatic) was really life changing in a way.

12. If your life was turned into a movie...what actor would play you? Oh, gosh.  I don't know.  Someone awkward for sure.  


13. What are the jobs you had in high school/college/the early years?
 In high school, I lifeguarded at a pool.  In college, I babysat some, but that was it.  After I graduated, I've been a nanny, subbed at my old elementary and high school, and taught at the Mother's Day Out program at our church. 

14. Show us a picture from high school or college.
Me and my best friend, Ellis, the day before we graduated high school.  We were six years into a friendship then (we're at fourteen now, I think?).  This guy means more to me than any other man, excepting Peyton and my dad (and Baby Graves ;)). 
15. If you could travel anywhere in the world, all expenses paid, where would you go? 
Probably back to Saint Johns (that's where we honeymooned). 

16. Show us the most current picture of you, or your family or anything of meaning to you. 
[Most recent picture of us.  It has special meaning because anytime someone is fit pitching, Peyton wants us all to fake cry.  Annie missed the memo, sadly and we just look like buffoons.]

17. Where do you see your life 5 years from now?
We'll mostly likely have been to NYC and be back.  And we'll most likely (HOPEFULLY) be in the process of adding to our family again. 

I thought this post was really fun and I always like reading other people's and learning more about my blog friends.  If you do this, let me know!  Also, I'm thinking I may do one of those "Ask SD" posts I do every so often, so if you have any questions, get them ready!

4 comments:

Tina @ Like Ordinary Life said...

Ohhh, When Harry Met Sally. What a great movie. I'm guessing you are a teacher? Me, too! Glad to have found your blog via the link-up!

The Taffs said...

This is a totally stupid question, and I am slightly embarrassed to even ask (so don't feel like you have to link back to me, haha!), BUT, how do you pronounce "Denley"? And, are you named after anyone? You have such a unique name (not insulting, I like it)!

The Niemeyer Nest said...

I am one of your best readers since I knew most of this stuff about you! Cute pictures! My favorite part of your blog is the Weekly Smorgasbord. Love it! Great way to find new blogs and read about some cool stuff.

Carrie said...

Haaa! The Xanga is cracking me up! I love that you had a Xanga :)