Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Picture Post: Sailing, Sailing, Over the Ocean Blue! {July 14, 2012}

Whoa, these are old pictures. Once again, I'm super behind on blogging. Pretty much every post for this week is a post I meant to write weeks (or months ago).  Whatever, I'm over worrying about it.  I post (almost) daily, so there's really no way to do a better job keeping up than I am.

Anyway, I found a draft with these pictures in it already uploaded and ready to go. I had the kids dressed up for a nautical themed birthday party we went to and I couldn't resist trying to get some good shots in their little sailboat attire. I think a few came out okay:

They were not very excited about having pictures made at first.


 Annie wanted to discuss her age, Graves's age, and the age of the birthday boy. [Also, how did I miss that red-eye? This was before I got Elements, I think, but I've always tried to catch and edit red-eye. Whatever, I'm not worrying about it now.]

I love this one of them looking at each other.


 And this one is just so sweet to me!


 They make me laugh. Alot.


 Sweetest babies.


 They do a lot of this these days. As long as everyone is laughing, whatever floats their boats.

Just to keep it real: "Mom, we're a little tired of this."


 Graves loves to hug the cat.

He's such a fun little guy!

And she's pretty fun, herself. I have no idea what was so shocking. And I realize the blurriness makes this not really cute. But I had to share because it's so her right now.

As fun as it is to dress them up in sweet things (and boy is it fun!), it's infinitely more fun watching them become themselves.  It's such a joy to watch Graves try to embrace the cat twenty hundred times a day and it's wonderful watching Annie giggle and be surprised over nothingness. And, of course, one of the greatest blessings of my life to date is to watch Ann Peyton tickle Graves or to watch him look adoringly up at her. These moments are priceless and I wouldn't trade them for all the gold in China smocked clothes in the Deep South.


No comments: