Thursday, August 9, 2012

Skillz Set: Ann Peyton Spells Her Name

I have several videos I've taken lately of AP that I've been wanting to share.  Some are silly and cute, but a few are things we've really been working on.  I kind of feel like I should put a disclaimer that I'm not bragging, but here's the deal...my friend Jennifer talks about how her blog is her "baby book" and if you've been here any length of time, you probably know that's partly what this is for me.  As they kid older, it's also a scrapbook and I think it's neat that I can include videos and not just still pictures.  Anyway, I'll probably be sharing more of Annie's new "talents" in the next few weeks (or forever?), so try not to be annoyed.

Also, I should point out that the head of AP's new school said recently that "You cannot overestimate a child's memory capabilities".  The approach we're taking with our children's education focuses a lot on memorization.  I'll blog more about that later, but for now, here's the first (VERY brief) snippet of what Annie is learning...

2 comments:

Kodi said...

Holy preciousness. That southern accent is cute on you but it kills me dead on her! "p e wah t o enn"

Lesley said...

Thank you for stopping by my blog! It's so fun to read your story and see your little kiddos. This whole memorizing thing has me very intrigued because memorizing has always been very hard for me!