Monday, August 27, 2012

Weekly Happenings Post #180 (August 20-26)-- A Bad Little Bug

Last week was interesting.  We got back from our trip on Monday and the week was pretty normal until Friday when I got violently ill for like less than twenty four hours.  I'm guessing it was just a little bug since I didn't eat anything unusual. So strange!

Carrie and I got up on Monday and got ready to head back home.  We got on the road around ten and we had another great, speedy trip.  We stopped for lunch and two other times and we made good time! Alaina did so well.  She's a pretty impressive little traveler!  I got home and hugged the kids and Peyton and then I had to get ready because I had my Provisional kick off for the Junior League that night.  Peyton took the kids to the park and I went to my thing.  It was fun- I got to visit with some friend and the lady speaking was hilarious.  When I got home, Peyton had Graves in bed and we gave AP a bath and got her ready for bed.  We put her down and I cleaned up the house and told Peyton about the trip. I started laundry and got on the computer. I got totally unpacked and put up everything but my toiletries before I went to bed.  That's  pretty rare for me!

I had kind of planned for Tuesday to be "regroup" day, but it ended up being "recharge" day.  I was just SO tired.  I think after a couple of weeks that were (physically and emotionally) really tiring and then staying up late on the trip, my body was just worn out.  Peyton took Graves to run errands that morning and I let AP watch cartoons in our bed when she woke up.  I slept super late, but I was still kind of dragging.  The whole day reminded me of how I felt when I was pregnant with AP (probably because I've been thinking about those days a lot lately for some reason).  I was just tired and edgy and even when I didn't want to lay down, I didn't have much desire to do anything else- even watch TV or get on the computer. Before y'all start thinking something's up, though, I think the main cause of all of it was actually that other hormonal issue that confirms the absence of such.  Anyway, I got up and got a bath before Peyton and Graves got home.  When they got back, we visited and played and I gave the kids the presents I had gotten them on the trip.  I started some more laundry and took the trash and recycling out while Peyton got ready for work.  We all had sandwiches for lunch and when Peyton left, I cleaned up lunch and put the children down for naps.

I got on the computer for a little bit and then just laid down.  I didn't feel sleepy, but I was kind of tired and just entirely unmotivated to do much of anything. Graves woke up with a dirty diaper and so I changed it, but it wasn't time for naptime to be over.  He played and fussed for a little bit while I consolidated some piles and put some dates in my planner. Peyton called to remind me that we had Ultreya that night.  I had totally forgotten.  UGH.  I hadn't even found someone to keep the nursery, so I got busy on that first. I found someone pretty quickly! I had been going back and forth between going to my parents' or trying for an early bedtime. It ended up being good because I got my tail in gear and got the kids up and started cooking some pasta salad to bring.  AP and I cleaned up their room and Graves had a snack and then we all got ready to head to church. Ultreya was good, but I had a bad headache.  I put Graves to bed right when we got home and started on AP's night time routine.  I got her to bed and got on the computer.  It took her a good while to get to sleep, but she finally did.  Peyton got home and we talked and then I got back on the computer and uploaded pictures and went to bed.

Wednesday was Peyton's day off and he went to Primos for breakfast and to prepare his lesson for that night.  Graves woke up early and I changed him and nursed him and then he played in his crib for another hour.  I got up with him and fed him breakfast and then started laundry and dishes.  AP got up and Peyton got home and I changed both the kids' bedding and then had my breakfast.  We did the Morning Meeting and read some and I sorted through some piles and rearranged some decorative things in the kitchen.  I fixed the kids' lunch and then it was naptime.

I made some egg salad and had lunch and then I went through some shoes my sister in law had sent Graves.  I got on Twitter and then my mom stopped by to look at the house.  She visited a little and then we had to scramble to get ready for church.  We got there early because Peyton was teaching a class and needed to run off some things.  The first class was just an introduction, but it went well! And Annie got to go to a class herself for the first time (as opposed to the nursery), so that was fun! We had to make a few stops on the way home- Lowe's, Target, and Kroger.  We got home late and it was after nine when Graves got to sleep and even later for Annie.  I cleaned out the fridge, put up groceries, and did dishes and then I got on the computer and worked on my Weekly and put pictures on Flikr and Facebook. I went to bed after Peyton.

Thursday morning AP had a doctor's appointment for her arm.  Peyton let me sleep late, though and AP had crawled in our bed.  He woke me up around 9:30 with this:
breakfast in bed for me and AP!

Annie tucked Rapunzel in under the paper sheet at the doctor's office. Love the Little People princesses! 

I hustled to get ready and I took Annie to the appointment while he stayed with Graves.  The appointment was even longer this time- we talked to the doctor for maybe ten minutes, but waited about two hours.  I really tried to keep a good attitude though, because there were kids there with so much more problems than I face on even my worst day.

Anyway, we got home just in time for Peyton to leave for work.  I fixed the kids lunch and then put them down for naps.

 epic tower Annie made by herself!

I got on the computer and read some blogs and then I ate my lunch and did my She Reads Truth study.  When the kids got up, I folded laundry.  I fed them supper and gave them baths and put them to bed.  It was nice having them both asleep early since we didn't have anywhere to go that night.

Friday was unusual.  I slept sorta late and then got up and started laundry.  I ate breakfast and we moved stuff back into the sunroom where Todd had painted.  We vacuumed everything and I washed the slipcover on the sofa.  We got ready and all went for a walk.

Fun at the park!
When we got home, I had a bad headache.  I ate lunch and took a bath, but I just felt worse.  And then it happened...I started throwing up.  A lot.  I got in the bed and Peyton took care of the kids.  We lined up grandparents to watch the kids that afternoon and Peyton found some medicine from when I was pregnant.  I took it and it helped me feel some better but it knocked me out, too.

Peyton left for work and my mom got here shortly after that.  I just slept all afternoon.  She had to leave and so Peyton's dad came over.  I woke up around eight and he had Graves asleep.  I was feeling MUCH better and Mr. Randy made me some soup and then left.  I got AP to bed.  I stayed up a little messing around on the computer because I knew I needed to stay up a few hours so I could sleep well that night. I put the slipcover back on the couch and read a few blogs and caught up on Twitter.

Peyton had to work on Saturday and Graves got up around 7:30.  I fed him breakfast and then got ready to take a bath. Um, nice surprise...a kitty had pottied in our room.  I cleaned that up and got a bath and dried my hair.  I started laundry and dishes and then AP got up.  We played and did the Morning Meeting and then I folded a bunch of laundry.  I fixed the kids lunch and put them down for naps.  I ate my lunch and did some organizing and got on the computer and then I took a nap.  When the kids got up, we straightened their room and they had snacks and I unloaded dishes.  We got ready and headed to my parents' house for supper.  We had a good time and got home pretty late.  Peyton helped me get the kids to sleep and I read some blogs and visited with him and went to bed.

Peyton got up early on Sunday and we chatted and then got ready for church.  As usual, we were rushing out the door.  We made it on time, though!
 Family Picture outtake- I think he's so cute mad!

We had a guest preacher and that was interesting and then my friend Ashleigh taught Sunday school and it was a great lesson.  We discussed "rights", "righteousness", "mercy" and "retribution"- great stuff!  Interestingly, most everyone associated the word "righteousness" with a negative connotation, but I said that it reminded me of a powerful, Godly leader like Martin Luther King.  When I called Peyton at work on my way home, and asked him about the term, he said "Oh, totally positive, like MLK." Haha!

When we got home, I hustled around and cleaned up the house (it always looks a mess after we fly out of it on Sundays) and got laundry going and dishes loaded.  I put the kids down and Graves took a great nap.  I got on the computer, ate my lunch, and finished cleaning up around the house some.  I started reading some for Bible study that night, but I couldn't focus.  I laid down on the couch for a little bit, but then I couldn't get my mind to stop. Ha! AP kept coming in to ask me things, but I drifted off a couple of times.  Finally, I just gave up- I didn't really need a nap, anyway! Well, of course, she went to sleep! I did read a few chapters for that night and then Graves woke up.

He played and I read a little more and uploaded some pictures onto the computer.  I got AP up and got us all ready and packed the kids' supper.  Annie was so cranky and it was hard getting out the door.  By the time we got to church it was, POURING down rain.  Annie wanted me to carry her inside and of course, I had to hold Graves and we were just a mess.  But we made it! Anyway, Bible study went well.  When we got home, I got Graves to bed and Peyton started working on fixing AP's bed.  He was laying wood planks down with the overhead light on, but Graves slept through it all.  I ran to Kroger and then cooked fish for supper.  It was late, but I felt like I needed to cook something after a week of leftovers and frozen pizzas.  Annie ate with us and then Peyton put her to bed while I cleaned up the kitchen.  We had our family meeting and then I got on the computer and went to bed early (for me).

This week should be pretty low-key, thankfully. I'm just taking it easy and enjoying it before school starts and we get busy with other stuff in September!

No comments: