Sunday, September 2, 2012

September Happenings


I had fun with this month's design.  I tried to make the header a little smaller because I felt like it was taking up too much of the page.  I wanted to keep all the same elements, though- pictures, title, and quote. I think it turned out okay and I like the background for this month.  A little darker and more "Fallish", but still colorful and interesting. I love these pictures of the babes- Annie concentrating hard on tower building and Graves with Nutella all over him are both so typical and then I love the two close ups on the right. And of course the middle picture of them together melts me.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Whoa, September is making me nervous.  August threw us a couple of curve balls, but September is expectedly busy.

- I have three Junior League things.  That's going to be pretty typical, though.  The Summer was kind of a break, but we'll be getting into the swing of things this month.

- Our Circle at church has a couple of events this month- a fundraiser and then a big joint meeting with all the Circles that our group is hosting this year. Since I'm the president, I'm a little overwhelmed by it.

- There are several big consignment sales coming up and I'm so excited. I really prefer Summer clothes (for myself and the kids), but I'm thrilled about longalls and rompers.

- The biggest thing (by far!) is that school is starting for our girl. I'm really so happy, but it's bittersweet.  Carrie and I were talking and we agreed that it's not so much sending them off for a few hours (although, I'm sure that'll be hard sometimes), but it's more that it's just "the end of an era". I'm sure they'll be more than one post on that over the course of the month.

- Fall Wednesday night activities have started back at church and Peyton's leading a group.  I have a feeling that the book we're reading will be powerful!

-I think that's it for the most part, but I'm sure I'm forgetting something. Here's a recap of last months goals:
1. Gear up for school!  We totally fell off the wagon when AP broke her arm, but we had a good week last week and we're gradually adding more school stuff to our days.
2. Read to Graves daily.  I didn't do it every day, but it was a HUGE improvement. I'm glad Bud's taken an interest and it's fun to start the education process with him, too, in a small way.
3. Continue organizing my old pictures and getting them stored safely on Flikr and the hard drive and also I want to focus on learning a little about Elements, since we just bought it.  I did both! I've been pretty consistent with working on storing pictures, but I've had to realize that this process is going to be a long one with the way I like to meticulously organize things. I've taught myself a (very) few things on Elements and that's been fun.

- and my goals for this month:
1. Have a focused devotional time- at the very least, pray and do my She Reads Truth devotion. I know I've had similar goals, but it's such a good one. I feel like doing those two things are very manageable and some days I know I'll need/want to do more.
2. (This is silly, but...) pick and order the kids' Halloween costumes. Last year I did it really economically, but I'm doubting I'll find as cute stuff for so cheap this year. I really thought this would be my last year to pick, but today AP told me she wanted to be Cinderella.  I gently suggested a soft, babyish costume and she said "My choice is Cinderella."  We'll see what happens.
3. Clean out my closet. It's my month to donate stuff for Junior League (the League has a sort of consignment store and members have a quota of donations they have to meet) and so I think now's a good time.  I think we're going to do "Possessions" this month for 7, so that'll fit nicely.

2 comments:

Mallory Pickering said...

"My choice is Cinderella." Haha! Aww so sweet. The process of individuation begins. :)

Courtney said...

Love this months header. I have to say that a friend introduced me to Nutella this summer and sometimes I feel the same way Graves does about it...ha,ha! I think you lucky it is Cinderella and not Spiderman!!