Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Weekly Happenings Post #184 (September 17-23)-- About to be Fall



AP has been talking all week about how it is "about to be Fall".  It cracks me up. She also keeps going to the big closet in her room and asks to wear her "Fall clothes".  It's hysterical.

For some reason, I've been so tired this week.  I've actually been going to bed earlier than usual.  I think it's just allergy stuff draining me and one night I slept terribly because I took a Sudafed too late. Otherwise, it was a good week!

Last Monday was a busy day.  Peyton was working that morning since I had a Junior League meeting that night, so I got up around 7:30 and got myself ready and then woke up the kids and got them ready and fed them breakfast and we headed out to drop AP off at school.  I had planned to go to a consignment sale on the way home, but it didn't start until ten, so I had an hour to kill.  It ended up working out well because Carrie and I were eating lunch near where the sale was, so Graves and I went back home for a bit.  I spent a little time reading with him and then he played while I started dishes and laundry and picked up a lot around the house.  I even consolidated a few piles.  I changed clothes and cleaned the bathrooms and then changed back and fixed Graves some food to take to lunch and we left again.  I stopped by the sale, but I didn't end up buying anything.  I think that's the first consignment sale I've ever been to that I've left empty handed :)  We met Carrie for lunch at Beagle Bagel and we had a great time.  The kids did really well, but the boys are a little messy.  I was carrying my tray to the trash and I dropped my drink all over the floor.  This older guy looked at Carrie and said "Well, they're almost too much to handle" and just sort of stared at me while I was trying to hold Graves and mop up the mess. Carrie and I went to the bathroom and I said some disparaging things about the old fellow and called the guy an asshole.  Carrie was gentler in her approach, but like a good friend, she was mad for me :) [Sidenote: I can't believe the little boys are big enough that I realized after I got in the car I need to watch my mouth in front of them.]

We headed over to pick up the girls after that.  Carrie and I have a nice system already where we watch each other's little kids while we take turns going in to get the girls.  It's nice not having to unload Graves and I'm sure Carrie is even more happy about it than I am! Somehow between myself and Annie, we managed to keep Graves awake the whole time (he had taken a little car nap earlier) and I put him down and read to AP and then she had rest time.  I got on the computer and I made myself do the "business stuff" I needed to do first.  I looked up some library books for AP, sent a an email about Circle, and signed up for a new She Reads Truth study and then I let myself mess around on Twitter and read blogs.

 School wore her slap out!

Peyton got home and I unloaded and reloaded dishes and got ready for my League meeting.


The meeting went well and afterwards I went by TJ Maxx to return something.  Both the kids were already in bed.  Peyton and I talked and I got on the computer and went to bed.

Tuesday was busy again.  I slept late and then got up and took a bath.  Peyton took Graves on a walk and Annie and I did school stuff.  When they got back, I got ready and left for my Junior League project.  I was at the cancer clinic all afternoon.  We actually didn't have than many kids come through to play games and do crafts, but it was fun seeing some friends and playing with the kids that did come.  One little girl was hilarious.  I got home and my mom had the kids since Peyton had to go to work.  We talked a little and then she left.  Annie and I picked up her room and then I folded some laundry and got ready for a consignment sale I was going to that night.  Peyton's parents got here and I left.  I met some friends for dinner before the sale and then we headed over to it.  It was fun, but when I left it was way later than I realized.  I got home and Peyton's parents left and I put AP to bed.  I got on the computer and then when Peyton got home we visited and I fixed AP's lunch and went to bed.

Wednesday was Peyton's day off and I just so enjoy a relaxing Wednesday.  We all got up early and got ready and dropped AP off at school and then Peyton and Graves and I went for a walk on the nature trail by our house.  We went by the grocery store on the way home and when we got home, I put up groceries.  I took a bath and then played with Graves and folded laundry.  Peyton bathed Graves and then went to get Annie and I put Graves down for his nap.  I played on Instagram and ate lunch and got on the computer.  I emailed a couple of friends and then got on Twitter.  Peyton and Annie got home and we put her down.  Both kids took great naps and I worked on some homeschool stuff (I had laminated tracing sheets and I needed to cut the edges and hole punch them) and then I talked to Peyton a little.  I read some in a new book I got and then read some of my old blog posts.  I'm going through and kind of cleaning up the labels and saving them.  I got ready and then the kids woke up and I got them ready for church and packed them suppers and we headed out.  We had another great group and I really need to blog about the book we're reading.  When we got home, I got Graves to sleep and then started working on AP.  Peyton cooked me an omelet and then I spent about an hour cleaning up the kitchen, straitening the house and doing laundry.  I got on the computer for awhile and then Peyton and I chatted and went to bed. I slept terribly that night, probably because I had taken a Sudafed.

The kids woke up early on Thursday and we had a lot to do, so I got up with them (after being kind of rude and grumpy about it).  Peyton mowed the yard and I stuck them both in the bathroom with me and took a bath.  We all had breakfast (and I dozed on the couch for ten minutes) and then I got the kids dressed.  Peyton and Graves had to run to the district office and I did the Morning Meeting with AP and then when Graves and Peyton got home, we headed to the library.  I had some books picked out (I browse the catalog online before) and so I would hand them to AP and she just sat and flipped through them while I looked.  It worked well! We headed to the grocery store and I had her out and halfway in the store and then I realized my wallet was at home.  The store is like two minutes from our house, so I ran home and got it and we headed back for a few things I needed for that night.  We were having a fundraiser at church and so I got some bread to make little cucumber sandwiches.  I worked on them and sliced up some strawberry swirl bread from Great Harvest and then Peyton needed to get ready.  I unloaded and loaded dishes and it took forever because the kids ate really short lunches and were both at my feet driving me crazy.  Anyway, I finished that and moved the chairs out of the kitchen and got it swept and then I put Graves to bed.  I mopped and read AP one of her library books and put her down.  I did some more laminating and then got on Twitter and started a blog post.  I ate lunch and then the kids got up.  They had a snack and I started some laundry and organized some of Graves's Summer clothes to go to the attic. Then I got us all ready for the fundraiser.  We were doing "Paint a Picture" at the church.  It's where an instructor comes and shows you how to paint a cute, fun canvas.  I got the kids dropped off and helped set out the food. The fundraiser was a big success and SO easy to do.  I think we'll have to do it again! We got home pretty late and I put the kids right to bed.  I cleaned up around the house for half an hour or so and then got on the computer.  I went to bed pretty early for me.

I slept in a little on Friday and then played with the kids while Peyton read some. For some reason I was still so tired! I think it was my bad night's sleep on Wednesday.  I put them both in AP's bed and we played with Little People and had so much fun.  My mom came over and helped us hang stuff in the sunroom and when she left we went for a short (forty five minute- ha!) walk.  We got home and I started cooking fish.  I had to get the Parmesean, though, so Graves and I ran to the store while Peyton got ready for work and AP played.  I finished cooking and we all ate and then I had my bath before Peyton left.  I cleaned up the kitchen and we picked up toys an then it was naptime for Graves.  I read to AP and put her down and then got on the computer for a bit.  I started a blog post, checked Twitter and read a few blogs and then I did my She Reads Truth devotional.  I started folding some clothes and Graves woke up. He took a good nap, but AP had been up a good bit asking me a bunch of stuff. We cleaned up and got ready and headed to my parents' house. For some reason, it took forever to get the kids' room picked up and AP was just in the worst sort of mood.  I was about done by the time we left.  We had a good time visiting, though, and we actually got home at a reasonable time.
 

  Both kids fell asleep in the car, so I guess AP's issue was just being tired.  I got on the computer until Peyton got home and went to bed around midnight.

Peyton had to work on Saturday but the kids slept until nine (well, Graves woke up twice before then, but I put him back, haha!).  Once they got up, we had a super lazy morning.  I just snuggled up in a blanket on the couch while they played for about an hour.  It's been a long time since I've done that! When Peyton's home in the mornings, I do sleep about an hour later than the kids a couple of days a week, but usually on the days I get up I try to get up and get going quickly.  Anyway, it was nice.  We all had breakfast and I took a bath and then we played some more until lunch.  I went through some of AP's Summer stuff.  Peyton and I had been planning on going to see a play I LOVE (Godspell) and I had tried to find a babysitter but nothing was working.  I talked to him and my mom and I just got sort of upset over the whole thing because I really wanted to see it.  I've seen it twice and it's one of my favorite plays of all time.  Anyway, the second time I talked to Peyton I told him about our morning and he was sort of short with me and jokingly asked if I hadn't taken AP for a nature walk to pick up leaves (something I had talked about doing all week but never got around to).  It hurt my feelings a lot and I was already upset after realizing there really wasn't a way to work out going to see Godspell.  I don't know what was wrong with me, but I just broke down crying on the phone with my mom. The kids were both wrecks, too, and I just had a hard time keeping it together.  I talked to Peyton again and Haley texted me about doing something that night and I started to feel better.  The kids calmed down and I cleaned up the den and fed them lunch and did dishes.  Everything felt a little calmer and then I put the kids down.

My mom called me again and I talked to her and then got on the computer for a bit. Around the middle of their naps, I heard AP get up and go rubble in the kitchen cabinets.  Then she walked in the study with my tiniest nesting bowl and said "I threw up a little in your little bowl, Momma" very matter-of-factly.  I looked and sure enough about a tablespoon of vom.  I called Haley and cancelled and called Peyton and my mom just to tell them the story.  AP was acting completely normal and my mom thought it was probably just from sinus drainage.  She offered to keep Annie since it would be just her and we could take Bud.  [She had told me earlier she'd keep them both while we went to the play, but she was working all day and was already tired and Peyton felt like that was asking a lot of my parents. Mainly Bud is just still at an age where nights can be difficult and he misses his Momma, especially with his teeth hurting :)] I called Haley back, but unfortunately, they had made dinner plans with Patrick's parents.  I got to work on finding someone to do children's church for me and that took the rest of naptime.  When the kids got up I fed them a junky snack (Vanilla Waffers) because I wanted to eat Oreos in front of them.  [I'm trying to do better about that kind of thing...baby steps!] Anyway, they played for a bit and we cleaned up the nursery and then Peyton got home.  We all got ready and went for a walk at the park.  It was nice.  We drove around and then got pizza and the kids fell asleep on the way home. [I had packed "dinner"- sandwiches and stuff- for them to eat at the park.]

We got home and transferred the kids and ate and then I got on the computer and Peyton watched TV.  I watched some of SNL and we chatted and went to bed.

The kids woke up around eight on Sunday and I put AP in our bed and nursed Graves and put him back in his crib.  We got up for the day around nine and I got a bath and then we had breakfast. I started laundry and dishes.  We missed Galloway, so we ended up watching First Pres.  Luckily [or providentially? ;)], Dr. Duncan was preaching on persecution and our response as Christians to it. So it was a very ecumenical sermon :)  I folded a bunch of laundry and put it up between then and lunch.  The kids ate and then I put them down for naps.  I got on the computer and ended up spending a good bit of time Facebook messaging an old teacher about a pro-life picture I had shared. I did some other computer stuff and then the kids got up and we got ready for Bible study.
 
He loves pickles like me.  And he *loves* pretending to be on the phone!

  It was good, but we got home kind of late.  We gave both kids baths and put them to bed.  I stayed up too late again visiting with Peyton and reading blogs and stuff.

This week should be pretty chill- we really don't have much extra going on at all.  I'm excited about it!


No comments: