Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Letter to (Three and a Half Year Old) Ann Peyton

Dear Ann Peyton,

The big news this month, is of course, that you started school. To say we are proud of you is a severe understatement.  You seem to be soaking up so much and you love your classes and teachers.  You practice ballet all throughout the day and at times you look so graceful and pretty and at time you...don't.  It's a blessing to watch both! You vary as to which you like best- ballet or tap.  You love gymnastics as well and today I heard you speak a little Spanish to Baby Graves ("Hola, Bud!").  You are learning letter sounds and have become pretty interested in telling us what things start with "T starts with Tiana".  Well, that's close :)

You love books probably more than anything (excepting maybe Little People Princesses) and we've been taking weekly trips to the library.  You enjoy getting library books so much.  It's nice when I find a simple thing that makes you so happy.

Your current favorite foods are granola and Nutella.  You're a little hippie child :)

Most of your Fall outfits are a 3T (you have a few 2T dresses), but today you wore some (ridiculously big) 18 mo. overalls. I love that you're little like me, but you have gotten a good bit taller! By the way, you are pretty obsessed with your "Fall clothes" and have been asking to wear them. Thankfully, it's gotten a little cooler and I've been able to indulge you.

Tonight, you got very scared at the grocery store because there was a frankly pretty grotesque Halloween display.  I held you and we walked over to it and you calmed down enough for me to show you that it wasn't real.  I was so proud of your bravery!

Annie, we love you so and seeing you halfway through with being a three year old makes me both excited and nervous. Three hasn't been your easiest year, but it's been so good to us.  We love you to pieces and are so eager to see what the next six months hold!

Love,
Momma and Papa

P.S. Your dress is 2T and I'm fairly confident you won't make it through the Winter without leggings; it's already short-ish.














1 comment:

Lesley said...

It's so fun to see her grow through pictures. And, it's fun for me to know what I have to look forward to while raising a daughter! :)