Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Multitudes on Monday


 

I'm a little late this time with my blessing counting, but here are last weeks:

97. a handful of infrequently used, but always appreciated non-grandparent babysitters we can trust. 
98. faithful friends who deeply desire to bring people to Christ, grow people in Christ, and send people for Christ
99. pastry chef made banana pudding cheesecake
100. four family member strolls at dusk
101. chance meetings with friends at the park
102. a three year old who thinks Charlie Brown holiday specials are the "bee's knees" as Peyton would say
103. the unparalleled holiday fortune of having parents whose houses are within five miles of each other
104. The enormous joy of a day spent effortlessly spent bouncing back and forth
105. two hundred unfamiliar solo miles with zero wrecks, zero tickets, and minimal wrong turnage
106. the honor of standing with my best friend of fifteen years and watching him knit himself forever to another [only a handful of times in my life have I known such deep joy; a night I've prayed for for years]
107. when your what-feels-like-a-brother gets married and you gain a what-feels-like-a-sister

"I would maintain that thanks are the highest form of thought, and that gratitude is happiness doubled by wonder." -G.K. Chesterton


1 comment:

The Niemeyer Nest said...

I love these posts! You have inspired me to begin my own list. I loved the book and think AK is the bees knees.