Monday, November 19, 2012

Multitudes on Monday

 

It looks like Multitudes on Mondays is on sabbatical over on A Holy Experience, but I'm sharing my thankfuls just the same:

89. the courageous men and women who bravely fought for the freedoms I daily take for granted
90.  my mom and the huge presence she has in my life and the lives of her grandchildren
91. the joy of being married to someone who knows how to relax and be goofy- something I struggle with 
92. Wednesday night discussions on holiness and wrestling hard doctrines with much trusted friends
93.  fun opportunities in our city that we too often don't take advantage of and time together for the four of us
94. couple friends who walk alongside Peyton and me-- encouraging us, challenging us, laughing with us
95.  Saturdays when Peyton works and the three of us have no agenda and I don't force an agenda
96. Peyton's job. [I thought for a minute today "Ugh. Is it not enough that you're working Thanksgiving day and the day after, which prevents you from going to one of our dearest friends rehearsal dinner? You really need to go in on your day off to train people?" And then I was humbled, and convicted and a little disgusted with myself, thinking of men and women desperately searching for jobs right now.] 

 "The unthankful heart... discovers no mercies; but let the thankful heart sweep through the day and, as the magnet finds the iron, so it will find, in every hour, some heavenly blessings!"  -Henry Ward Beecher

No comments: