Thursday, November 22, 2012

Weekly Happenings Post #191 (November 12-18)-- Shower the People You Love with Love



Last week was pretty typical, but we did have Minda's shower on Sunday. That was so special and I had even more fun than I expected to! I think she really enjoyed it, too!

Graves woke up at six on Monday. I got up in a daze and talked to Peyton. He was like "uh, this is too early", so I attempted to put him back down and he fell right back asleep. I had to wake AP up an hour and a half later to get ready for school after I rolled out of bed and got a bath. I packed her lunch, got her ready, and sent her off with Peyton. I cleaned up the kitchen a bit and then laid back down in bed since Graves was still sleeping. I kind of thought I wouldn't be able to fall asleep, but an hour later at 9:45, he woke me up! That extra sleep was so nice!

I fixed him breakfast and Peyton texted me and said he was getting an oil change and getting his tag renewed. Graves and I snuggled and I read to him after he finished breakfast. Peyton got home (the tag place was closed because of Veteran's Day) and he made eggs and bacon for us. I tended to some Angel Tree stuff and made a phone call about our Christmas party and then I got Graves dressed and we took his monthly picture. Peyton left for work and I straightened up the house and picked up a few piles and then we headed out to go run errands. Target took longer than I thought and I realized I needed to run by home for something, so we did that and then left to pick up AP. We still needed a few essential groceries, like milk and bananas, so we went by the store on the way home. I fed Graves a late lunch and Annie a snack and while they were eating, I got the groceries put up, and the dishwasher unloaded and reloaded! I put them down for naps and ate my lunch and then got on the computer. I wrote a post, started another one, and checked Twitter. I read for the last part of naptime. When the kids got up, we cleaned up their room and then headed over to my parents' house for dinner. We had chicken pot pie and a very nice visit. I put them right to bed when we got home and then I worked on uploading pictures and finishing Graves's monthly post. I read blogs and then Peyton got home and we went to bed.

I had a Junior League meeting on Tuesday morning. Peyton got up with Graves and I woke up about thirty minutes later. The traffic lights were out on Lakeland Drive, so I had to go a big round about way. I got ready and called and left a message about a haircut and sent a Facebook message on the way out. I made a couple of phone calls about Circle on the way. The meeting was super short and there was a bunch of delicious breakfast stuff! I got home and hung out with Peyton and the kids for a few minutes before he had to leave.
 
 [Her nutty Papa tied Snow White in her hair.]

Here is where the day got crazy: I decided to cook. I'd been wanting to try another new soup, so I got started peeling potatoes while the kids played. Well, I realized I only had half the number of potatoes I needed. I got Annie dressed (she was in her Tinkerbell costume), but left Graves in jammies, and headed to the grocery. We got the potatoes and some block cheese to go on top of the soup.
 

 When we got home, they were ready for lunch (it was around the time I had planned to put them down for naps). I fixed their lunch and peeled carrots and cut up celery, sauteed the onion, and started boiling the chicken broth. The played some more and were getting antsy and then I realized I didn't have any corn starch. With a great determination of purpose, I loaded them up again and we went BACK to Kroger. We rushed in and out and I was putting Graves in the car I realized he had not only a dirty diaper, but a leaky one. I didn't even have my diaper bag. It wasn't too bad, and the store is like five minutes from our house, so we just went home. I changed it and put him right down for his nap. AP helped me clean up toys and then we did the final stuff for the soup and then I put her down.
I had to take a picture because Annie had her first experience with environmental print and recognized the word "Disney".  Kinda a big deal.

When the kids got up, we just had a relaxed afternoon/evening. They played and I did some stuff around the house and then fed them dinner. I went to bed after Peyton got home.
video


I got up on Wednesday and helped AP get ready for school. Peyton took her and I fed Graves breakfast and then took a bath. Graves was super fussy again and we spent a lot of time snuggling. It was sweet how he wanted to be held. I watched some of The View (haven't done that in FOREVER!), sent some Circle and Reach Day emails, and talked to my mom on the phone. I folded laundry and organized some new kids clothes and then I read some in Called to Be Holy. I fed Graves lunch and cooked some cornbread. I put him down for his nap and finished reading and then Peyton got home with Annie. I got on Twitter and read some blogs. I uploaded pictures and worked on a blog post.  The kids got up and I ate a snack and we got them ready for church and left. We had some really good discussion. We ran by the Dollar Store on the way home. I put Graves to bed and Peyton did AP's nightime routine while I started laundry and did dishes and picked up around the house. I got on the computer and went to bed.
I went in our room to(night) and found this. "I didn't hear him wake up." "Oh, he didn't. It's just been awhile". So sweet.
 
Thursday was supposed to be Peyton's day off, but he had to go in to train some people. We were going to go run some errands that morning, but I had slept HORRIBLY. I think it was from the Sudafed I had taken. I had had some nights where I was up a good bit, but Wednesday I was up multiple times an hour! It was awful. Needless to say, I opted to forgo errands and I slept in a bit since Peyton was home. When I got up, I took a bath and then I put the carseat covers I had washed the night before back on the kids' seats (they needed a good cleaning after our trip). I vacuumed out my car and we were going to put the seats back in, but Peyton needed to leave. I folded a load of laundry and played with the kids until lunch. While they ate, I finished getting my playlist together. I put them down and kept working on that and got sucked down a Springsteen YouTube video rabbit hole. Anyway, I started my post, got on Twitter and did my Bible study. The kids got up and we cleaned their room and got ready and when Peyton got home we loaded up and headed to Fondren Unwrapped. Fondren is a neat, kind of artsy area of our city and twice a year they have a big night where they keep the stores open late and make a big production of it. It was busier than I expected. We had fun walking around and we saw the Harkins and visited a bit. When we got home, I put Graves to bed and Peyton let AP help him cook hamburgers and then we bathed her and did some school work and put her to bed, too. She had taken a car nap, so she was up late! I cleaned up the kitchen and we put the carseats in and chatted. Peyton went to bed and I stayed up too late finishing my post.

I was expecting AP to sleep late on Friday, but not Graves. Peyton left SUPER early for work and Graves was up at 6:50. I snuggled his blanket around him and put him back down and he woke up again around 7:45. I knew it probably wouldn't work, but I turned on some music and gave him some books and he stayed in bed until around 8:30! We got up and AP got up a little later. We all had breakfast and then played a little and then I took a bath. We spent the morning just doing laundry and playing. Before lunch, I put them both in Graves's crib and vacuumed all the bedrooms and the rug in the den SUPER quickly. I didn't do the suction tools except for the couch because it really needed it! Anyway, it made me feel better about the house. I fed the kids lunch and then gave Graves a quick bath and put him down. I ate lunch while AP finished hers and then read to her and got her settled.


I worked on a post and got on Twitter and then I ironed my dress for that night. We were going out to eat with the Howies, so I got everything together for that. The kids woke up and played a little and then I fed them supper and got ready. It took me FOREVER to get dressed even though I had everything laid out ahead of time. I'm such a dress girl,but one of the problems with that is finding a good slip. I have a big collection because there's just not one that will work with every dress. [Some of which are actually simple white nighties, HAHA-- it's so hard to find a slip these days; it's like they've gone out of fashion; what do people where under dresses?!?] Anyway, I tried on every single one and they all had some issue- too long; too "crinkly", too loose for the dress. Ugh. At least Graves was situated in his high chair the whole time. I finally got dressed about the time Peyton got home and he hopped in the shower and I finished my hair and make-up.  Peyton's dad got here and we left.

Peyton kept calling it a "double date" which I thought was hysterical because it sounded like high school. He told me "Okay, if you get dressed up, go to a nice restaurant, and leave your kids, I call that a date. Or a victory. Or both". Haha. Anyway, we went to Local 463. It's a new-ish restuarant by the same people who own Walker's (our fave). It was okay, well mine was good, but Peyton wasn't that impressed. And for the price, we probably just should have gone to Walker's (it's supposed to not be as expensive and it wasn't, but it was still kinda high). Anyway, the company was FABULOUS. We had the best time visiting with the Howies and it was fun to catch up without any little munhckins around :) We went for ice cream aftereward and had more good convos.

We got home around ten and Peyton's dad left. Annie was still up, of course (we don't even ask babysitters to try to put her down!) and we got busy with getting her to bed. I got on the computer for a few minutes after she went to sleep and Peyton started a movie.

Peyton had to work on Saturday and for some reason it felt so long.
 

I think because we've been so busy, a day at home just felt weird and I was exhausted, I think from not sleeping well earlier in the week. I got up with the kids and we all had breakfast and then the kids played. I started laundry, but I was pretty lazy otherwise. I took my bath mid morning and then started putting up a huge pile of clothes Peyton had built up in our room. The kids had lunch and then I put them down. I got on the computer for a bit and then tried to take a nap myself. I dozed a bit, but AP kept needing to go to the potty or wanting a cup of water or something.

Peyton was going to a pharmacy friend's wedding after work, so I knew the night would be long-ish too. When the kids got up, we read books and I read some in Anything while they played together. One thing about that day- the kids did do really well playing together. They were super sweet to each other, which is always nice. I finished putting up more of Peyton's clothe and loaded dishes and then it was time for supper for the kiddos. They ate and I hung up clothes in their room and found directions to the wedding for Peyton. I bathed Graves and then we read and I put him to bed. I gave AP a bath and did some school stuff with her and put her to bed. I got on the computer for a bit and then Peyton got home. We visited and I made salads to send to the homeless shelter the next day and cut up vegtables for Minda's shower. I wrapped our Operation Christmas Child shoeboxes and went to bed.

We were running late for church on Sunday. Peyton didn't even get to go to a service because he had to distribute Sunday school materials. He got our the stuff for the homeless shelter (I couldn't go because of the shower, but I wanted to send food) and the shoeboxes together and I got the kids ready and we headed out in our separate cars. I dropped Graves off and AP and I went to church. She didn't want to go to children's church and she did great in the service! I dropped her off in Sunday school and tended to some Angel Tree stuff and then went to our class. We had a good lesson on prayer and then we rushed home so I could feed the kids and get them down for early naps.While they rested, I got on the computer and then got myself ready because Minda's shower was that afternoon. I dropped the kids off with Peyton's dad and helped my mom get ready. The shower was SO much fun. We had a great time and it was fun to meet some of Minda's family and just tell Ellis stories. I was so happy. I picked up the kids and when we got home they were both asleep. It was pretty early and I knew it would be a long night. Peyton got home and we visited. Both the kids were up a couple of times, but it wasn't that awful.

This week hasn't been too overwhelming, but it seems like everytime I check one thing off the list, I add about four more. It's a busy time, but a fun time!

No comments: