Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Weekly Happenings Post #191 (November 19-25)-- My Best Friend's Wedding

Ovbiously, the big theme for last week was El's wedding. I pretty much hashtagged the fire out of mybestfriendswedding. It was a fun week, and we had a great Thanksgiving, but it was pretty draining, too. I tweeted this, but I sincerely hope December is gentle with me. Between surprise Springsteen, Mistletoe, and this wedding I'm emo'ed out.

I got up early on Monday and got ready and left for our last REACH day party at the cancer clinic right as the kids were waking up.

 This was the party that I helped plan and it turned out really successful. We mad paper bag vests and feather headbands for Thanksgiving and I think everyone had a lot of fun. Peyton met me with the kids and headed to work and I came home and attempted naps. AP was hungry and Graves had taken a car nap, so I wasn't really successful. They all keep needing something. I worked on a post, but it took the whole nap time. They got up and I straightened and they watched a little Dora and then I got them started with supper. Deanna, one of our favorite non-family babysitters arrived and I got ready again for my Junior League meeting. We had a training session at the Children's Museum. That was fun and Graves was already in bed when I got home. AP ate a little more supper and we did some school work and read a story and I put her to bed. I picked up around the house and got on the computer until Peyton got home and then went to bed.

Peyton had the day off on Tuesday and I was determined to cram a lot of stuff into the morning. To ensure this would happen, I made a hair appointment for myself and Graves at 8:00. I got up after seven and told Peyton I was exhausted and didn't think I could do it. He reminded me that the girl (not my regular hair girl- she's on maternity leave) would probably not otherwise get to work that early had I not made that appointment. So we all husteld and got ready. Peyton ran an errand with the kids while I got my hair cut and then he brought them in so Graves could get his trim. After the cuts, we renewed Peyton's car tag and then ran by home to pick up something. We took my sewing machine by the sewing store because it kept catching when I tried to sew with it last. We got that worked out and then we went by a little bakery for donuts. We had a lot of fun visiting with the owner! We stopped in Bargain Boutique (the Junior's League's thrift shop place) and then we went by the storage unit our church uses to get the artificial Christmas tree. We took it to the church and hung the angels on it that I had been putting labels on (and coloring a few) in the car. Once that was all taken care of we came home for lunch. The kids ate and I picked up around the house, started laundry, and did dishes. I got on Twitter a bit and we all took naps. When we got up, Peyton rode his bike (that's now in our room in one of these things) and I got myself and the kids ready to go over to our friends, the Deckards, house. We had dinner with them and some of our other friends from church. It was delicious and it was really good to discuss things going on with the church (we're just in a really big season of transition and hopefully growth) in a relaxed context. We got home late and put the kids to bed. I got on the computer and then Peyton and I chatted and went to sleep early.

The kids got up early on Wednesday morning and Peyton and I took turns with them. AP's pull up had leaked, so he gave her a bath and then I got them settled eating breakfast. He got up with them then and I slept a little late. He had to go into work for a few hours, so I got up and got ready and then folded and put up a good bit of laundry.

I changed AP's sheets and then played with the kids until lunch and while they were eating I unloaded and reloaded dishes.
[The ballerina and the pianist]

I put them down for naps and played on Facebook and Twitter and checked my email. I uploaded pictures and did my Bible study and ate my own lunch. Peyton got home and when they got up, we got ready and walked to the park. We ran into some church friends and had fun visiting and then came home. We had sandwiches for dinner and Peyton bathed Graves while I loaded dishes and scrubbed the counters and high chair. I dusted in the den and then Graves had an accident in the tub. Ugh. I was planning on cleaning the bathrooms soon anyway, so I cleaned both completely. I swept and mopped in the kitchen, started some laundry and folded some sheets and towels and then swept and polished the wood floors. Whew! I'm glad our house isn't too big- it only takes a few hours to completely clean it! Peyton went to the grocery store and I picked up where he left off with school stuff. It was late, but I let AP watch the Charlie Brown Thanksgiving movie we had bought on sale last year. I got on the computer while Peyton fixed food to bring to work the next day because one of his techs was leaving. When he finished, we chatted and went to bed.

Thursday was Thanksgiving! Peyton had to work and I got up with the kids and fed them breakfast. I straightened up the house a little and started some laundry and then took my bath. We played a little and then at 11:00 (TWO HOURS earlier than usual) I tried putting Graves down for his nap. He was so sweet and accommodating and shocked me to death by falling asleep really quickly. I told AP that as a special treat she could skip her nap and watch the Macy's Thanksgiving Parade. She watched a bit and then wanted to switch to The Cat in the Hat. I obliged. I got on Twitter and put some pictures on Flikr and the hard drive and then we got ready and I woke up Graves and we headed over to my parents' house for Thanksgiving dinner (lunch). Cookie, my aunt and uncle and my grandmother were there and it was SO good to see them. We had some delicious food and then my aunt and uncle left and shortly after my grandmother did, too.

Peyton got off work and met us and we headed to his parents for a bit. They were super sweet and watched the kids in the backyard while I visited with Peyton's sister. After that, we headed back to my parents'. We stayed awhile and just relaxed and then Peyton took Graves home because he was getting fussy. My dad made spaghetti and we stayed and enjoyed it and then came home. Peyton was making more food for work (the party was going to continue on Friday since a lot of people missed it on Thursday). I unloaded and reloaded dishes and we visited and then I got on the computer.

Friday morning was SO nice. Peyton had to work and I guess because Thursday had been so busy with all the grandparent visits, the kids slept super late. Graves wok up at 8:30. Since that's on the late end of normal, I figured he wouldn't want to stay in bed, but I decided it was worth a try. I put some toys in there and he didn't make a peep until almost ten! We got up and ate breakfast and then I started running my bath and AP woke up (at 10:30!). We just played and I made a phone call about our broken washing machine and texted a couple of friends about different stuff. I made a Mumford playlist and fed the kids lunch and then put them down for naps. I got on Twitter, worked on a blog post and did my She Reads Truth study. I ate lunch and then got dressed. I got the kids up and dropped them off at my parents and started my two hour drive for El's rehearsal dinner.

 I did great until the very end and then I turned around twice and then pulled in a parking lot to find the restaurant. I drove back down the highway and turned around and realized it was IN the parking lot I had been sitting in.   I actually enjoyed the time to myself and once I got there I had SO much fun. I was sitting way down at the end of the table, but Ellis's stepdad made room for me by him and Deidra. I had so much fun hearing stories about Ellis never sleeping as a baby and that kind of thing. Ha! I got on the road around 8:30 and got home about 11:00 (I got turned around again near home).
An introverted extrovert's perfect night- time spent celebrating people I cherish, bookended by hours alone with my thoughts. And these guys :)

 I visited with Peyton and callled my mom and then got on the computer for a minute and went to bed.

Saturday was the big day! I slept later than Peyton and the kids (8:30) and then got up and got ready. I got the kids ready and everything packed. I was scurrying around, but Minda texted me about moving pictures back and my dad rang our doorbell and said "Bud's ride is here". [He was staying with my parents, but we had thought we'd drop him off. Also, they were SO sad to miss the wedding, but with Cookie home for just a couple of days they just couldn't justify leaving her there by herself.] Anyway, we finished getting ready and then ran by Lemuria for a couple of books for the book exchange. We got on the road.
road trip ready!

I spent most of the trip going through church curriculum and discussing with Peyton to help him mark things he was interested in (I think I've mentioned it, but he's the layperson in charge of all the adult discipleship at our church). It was about three hours total and Annie did GREAT!

We were getting close, but I was super hungry, so we stopped at McDonalds and I changed clothes and changed AP's clothes.
And wedding ready!

We got to the wedding and I just visited with people and Peyton and Annie kind of explored. I'll post pictures and some of my feelings on the wedding, but it was BEAUTIFUL!

I think Bud had a fun time with M&M, too!

 We got back on the road around 8:00 and made it to my parents' to get Bud by 11:00. I got on the computer for a few minutes when we got to our house and then crashed.

Sunday was a relaxing day, thankfully. Peyton taught Sunday school and our associate pastor preached. We came home and fed the kids lunch and put them down for naps. Peyton and I visited and I got on the computer and he took a nap. I took a nap and when the kids got up, he played with them. We all just hung out some and we fed them dinner and I started straightening the house and unpacking (yes, I "packed" for a day trip). I had lost my keys, so we found them and gave both kids baths.
There was a book exchange at the wedding and Annie adores her book. Such a little reader- growing up in the spirit of her godfather. 

They went to sleep and I finished cleaning up and wrote a post and got on Twitter.

This week has been a bit busy, but not unmanageable. I'm glad things seem to be slowing down a bit. 

No comments: