Thursday, December 13, 2012

Letter to (Twenty Month Old) Graves


 Dear Graves,

You are now in the twenties? Unbelievable. We were over at DeeDee and Grandpa Randy's tonight and they were both saying how much you've changed lately. You're growing up fast!

I put a 12 mo. Christmas outfit on you the other day and it was WAY too small. A little part of me was sad because it was so cute. A bigger part was sad because you're getting so big. But another big part was so happy. I'm kind of over worrying about your size, but it's still really comforting watching you outgrow things and knowing you're healthy and thriving.

I've said this before, but you aren't really very verbal yet. However, I've noticed you have outstanding (fine and gross) motor skills. You eat with utensils much better than your sister did at this age. You also like to color with crayons. Last night, we were at Granny's and you just laid on the floor and colored. You looked like such a big boy laying on your tummy coloring in a coloring book.

You have started to say "uh huh" when you want to respond positively to a question and you say "meow" and and point to the cat.

Papa has started calling you "Linus" because of your attachment to your blanket and other soft things. You're so sweet and I love watching you haul it around and snuggle with it. It's adorable.

Graves, you are such a precious boy. I love you with all of my heart.

Love,
Momma (and Papa)


P.S. Your pjs are 24 mo.



No comments: