Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Weekly Happenings Post #200 (January 21-27)-- Cough Cough, Sneeze Sneeze

Yeah, we woke up both kids to take it. Or rather, got them out of bed. AP didn't really wake up.

Last week was a pretty good pace- not too much activity, but we weren't sitting around all day every day either. Both kids ended up being sick toward the end of the week, though. I will say that I feel very fortunate because although they were pretty cranky during the day, both my kids typically sleep well even when they're sick and this week was no exception. They neither one ever ran fever or anything, but both (particularly Graves, though) had a nasty, yacking cough accompanied by a runny nose. Anyway....

I got up on Monday and got ready and packed AP's lunch while Peyton got her ready. We left and I dropped her off and went to the CPC to volunteer. I filed things mostly and started learning how to put clients into the computer. I stopped by the library to pick up some books on the way home, but it was closed, due to MLK day. Peyton and I visited a little and then he left for work. I folded two (small) loads of laundry and loaded the dishwasher and then I fixed Graves's lunch and ate a snack. I watched some of the Inauguration and got ready to pick up AP. We picked her up and I visited with Carrie and Morgan and then we came home for rest time. I got on Twitter, ate some lunch, and emailed a couple or recipes to some friends. I uploaded some pictures and edited them and then I looked at my email and realized I had a Junior League meeting that night. I scrambled to get ready and called my mom to see if she could watch the kids. I got them ready and we cleaned up their room in record speed. I dropped them off and on the way to the meeting, I saw a woman with a sign that said "homeless, hungry and pregnant". I was in tears, literally. I got to the League house and found out the meeting had been rescheduled. UGH. I drove through a burger place and wrote down the numbers to the CPC and Stewpot and went back to the intersection where I saw the lady. She was gone and a guy was there. I was flustered and just handed him the food. He was appreciative and I felt better at least knowing I hadn't ignored the prompting of the Spirit. I got back to my parents' house and ended up visiting and eating supper. We got home and I put Graves right to bed. I read to AP and put her to bed, too, and then got on the computer and finished the pictures and went to bed before I even finished my Weekly Happenings post. 

Peyton was off on Tuesday and so we all got up and ran errands- to the church to drop something off, to the Walgreens district office, then by Krogers, and lastly, to the library to pick up some books. We got home and I got busy. I put up groceries and fried a package of bacon. I cleaned up the kitchen and loaded dishes while the kids ate. We put them down and I ate lunch and visited with Peyton. I worked on two posts and caught up on Twitter and then they got up. 

I organized a bit and then left for my Circle meeting. It was at McCallisters, but I had already told Peyton I was going to cook fish, so I just got a sweat tea. It was fun and I enjoyed the company. Peyton already had Graves in bed when I got home. I cooked the fish and started making soup again. It worked SO well last week to cook two meals in one night, I decided to give it another go- and I cooked the same meals! Peyton, AP and I ate and then I did a little homeschooling with her and we put her to bed. I cleaned up the kitchen and got on the computer and then I read for a good bit. Peyton and I chatted and went to bed SO late. 

I got up on Wednesday and got ready and packed AP's lunch while Peyton got her ready. I was doing my Bargain Boutique shift for Junior League and he had a dentist appointment, but my mom was coming to watch Graves. I dropped Annie off and headed to do my shift. It wasn't bad- just lots of sorting clothes! When I got home, Graves was eating lunch. I played with him a bit and talked to Peyton and then Peyton left to go get Annie and I put Graves down for a nap. I wrote a post and got on Twitter and responded to a couple of emails. Peyton and Annie got home and Graves woke up shortly after. He was a little raspy, but I wasn't too worried. They played some and I finished up on the computer. Peyton took a nap and we cleaned up the kids room and I packed their suppers for church. We left for church. We had to work pretty hard to keep Ann Peyton awake all the way there and I finished reading for the study in the car. We had a good study even though a couple of people from our group weren't there that night. After that, Claire (AP's precious babysitter that's in the church youth group) met us in the nursery to try to teach me to French braid. Ha!

 I love it when his little cheeks get slightly flushed (he didn't have fever, we checked).

 "Please, woman, can I just eat my banana in peace??"

 When we got home, I put Graves to bed and we fed Annie supper and put her down. I got on the computer a bit and then Peyton and I watched The Wonder Years and visited and went to sleep. Poor Graves was coughing all through the night. He never really woke up, but I felt terrible for him.

We all got up and got moving on Thursday. I got my bath first and then we just cleaned up around the house. We had planed to have Carrie and her kiddos over for lunch but Aubrey and Graves were both sick. I was super sad because it has been FOREVER since we've hung out. The kids played and Peyton and I talked and then he left for work. I started laundry and dishes and AP and I did school and the kids helped me clean up and ate lunch. I put them down, but AP didn't want to read with me like she usually does, so I just let her play. Well, Graves never went to sleep. They did however, keep themselves entertained for a few hours. I had to go in there a bunch, but it could be (way!) worse. Anyway, I ate lunch, got on Twitter and worked on a blog post. When they got up, we cleaned up their room and then headed outside for a bit.
We didn't maintain our slide very well this Winter. That clean stripe down the middle? Graves's bottom did that. I'm such a different kind of mom round two.

The tiny bottom that cleaned my slide. The bottom of a little stinker who had already had two baths today.  

 We came in, washed up, and had supper. I unloaded dishes while they ate. I read to Graves and the kids played while I folded some laundry and then I put Graves to bed. I practiced French braiding while AP watched a movie and then I read to her and put her down. I got back on the computer until Peyton got home. We talked and went to bed. 

We got up and got moving on Friday because AP and I were going to see The Cat In the Hat. Her school had a field trip to New Stage to see it and she was so excited. Graves and Peyton hung out at home. The play was really cute and SO well done. I loved the whimsicalness...of course! They had a little Q&A time after it. I had noticed in the program that my old drama teacher from Prep was working at New Stage, so I asked if we could speak to her. We had a nice little visit and I enjoyed getting to introduce Annie to her. We got home and I packed Peyton's lunch, started laundry, and did dishes and cleaned up the kitchen. Peyton left and Annie and I did a little school stuff and then I fixed the kids' lunch. I put them down and got on the computer for a bit.I ate lunch and folded laundry while I watched The West Wing. When the kids got up, we cleaned up and got ready and headed over to my parents' house. My mom had actually fixed an enchilada casserole instead of my dad cooking beans. I enjoyed the change, but the kids surprised me and weren't that interested (they usually both love spicy stuff!). We got home and I put them right to bed. I backed up some pictures on Flikr and the harddrive and worked on a post. Peyton got home and we talked and then I read some and went to bed. 

Peyton had a church retreat for Council On Ministry on Saturday. The kids woke up around 8:30 and we just hung out and played in their room for about an hour. I took a quick bath and then we had a late breakfast and I started laundry and tidying up the house. I read to the kids a bunch and did some puzzles that AP still needs help with and folded laundry. I fixed them lunch and then it was naptime. While they rested, I put pictures on Facebook and ate lunch. Peyton got home and Graves woke up early from his nap. We went outside and they played while we talked. It was kind of cold and gloomy, so I came in and Peyton strolled the kids around the block a couple of times. I had a snack and watched some more of The West Wing. When they got home, the kids played and then they ate supper and I bathed Graves and got him ready for bed. Peyton gave Annie a bath and I cleaned up the kitchen and unloaded dishes. We got AP to sleep and I got on the computer. I watched The West Wing and went to bed. 

We had already decided the night before that AP didn't need to go to church on Sunday- she had Graves's little cough and sounded AWFUL. I woke up with a splitting headache, so that worked. Honestly, I rarely ever let a headache keep me in bed when I have something planned. I mean if it's a lazy morning anyway, well, of course! But I don't usually miss things. Y'all. This was pretty debilitating. Anyway, I got Graves dressed while Peyton got ready and they headed off to church. Annie and I spent the next two and a half hours in bed watching Charlie Brown and Kipper. I got a bath right before the boys got home. Peyton cooked eggs and I felt slightly better. We all visited and the kids played and then we put them down for naps. I got on the computer and started a post and checked Twitter. Peyton did this:

 When the kids got up, we all got ready and went for a walk to the park. 
It was so warm! I love Summer clothes. This is one of my least favorites of his Summer stuff (I picked it because it isn't as Summery as most of it) and I still like it better than almost all his Winter stuff).

For such a wee thing, this guy has some upper body strength. 

We had so much fun and it was the perfect day. We played in the yard when we got home and then came in for dinner (leftovers). I bathed Graves and the kids played some more and then we put him to bed. Peyton bathed AP and I sent an email and cleaned up the kitchen and started laundry. I worked on my closet some and then we put Annie to bed and talked and I read some blogs and then went to bed.

This week is pretty empty. One of my high school friends that lives out of town now is home for the week and I'm hoping to see her at least once and I really hope we can manage to get together with the Howies. Peyton has a full day on Thursday and of course we'll spend Friday evening with my parents, but that's literally it!

No comments: