Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Weekly Smorgasbord

What a short list! I'm so inconsistent- one week it's close to thirty and one week it's three. I'm hoping to spend more time in my Reader this week, but still maintain a balanced life, that's the trick ;)



On Resurrection Hope:
Posted: 30 Mar 2013 07:24 PM PDT
"May the with-ness of Jesus be your comforting reality. May you have hope, even in the midst of the dark now, that this story will not end with the lights going out but with the blazing glory of Light rising up. May this hope take your breath away....He doesn't fix like a technician but moves like a Lover, soothes like a Father, creates like an Artist, listens like a Friend." This "for your weekend" feature from one of my favorite bloggers is always one of my favorites and I truly look forward to it. This one was so poignant I had to share.

On Love:
Posted: 27 Mar 2013 08:59 PM PDT
"This cleansing us is dirty work. There are parts of it that shouldn't even be spoken of in good company. It's the picking and scrubbing and the death and the need. The intense need! This is something that one cannot do alone. We need someone else to do this washing for us...But it's also intimate. It's close and humiliating to have someone else look at the ugly, dirty parts of you. It's embarrassing to have someone else know that you need this so deeply and to be still held close during it."

This is so beautiful.

On Raising Boys:
Posted: 28 Mar 2013 01:48 PM PDT
"I am doing everything I can to instill beliefs and values that stay more on the surface of who they are, rather than buried in the forgotten lessons of a Sunday School they no longer attend or from vague memories of a teacher or their mother occasionally mentioning to be nice or be good. No no, this message, it comes with specific and hands-on ways of solidifying a very concrete idea: other people come before me." As a sidenote, I used to worry long before I had children that one of my kids would be gay. Can I tell you how much more terrifying it would be to raise a "good boy" who RAPED someone? Yeah.
Enjoy!

No comments: