Thursday, April 25, 2013

Weekly Smorgasbord

The list is super short this time. I think because last week I was doing a lot of birthday party stuff. Anyway, here are some links for y'all:



On Parenting:
Posted: 24 Apr 2013 09:49 PM PDT
"As I was pondering my heart, I thought about why it is so important to focus on our children's hearts instead of trying to tame their tongues. I will often hear something they say, or the way they say something, and it's filled with an edge. I say, "We are not going to talk like that, it is not okay." And I'm trying to tame the tongue, but really, I need to pull my child aside and ask, "What's going on? Can we talk about these words and what is maybe behind them?" It might sound like I'm overdoing it, but I see past the attitude and I see stress, or tension, or built up resentment – in children! Underneath the biting words are feelings of disrespect, being wronged, not being listened to, etc. When I take the time to gently prod the heart, I find the root of the overflow. If I can help my children untangle the roots, then their words will change because their hearts will mend. And we must do this over and over and over again, because sin is always lurking; the flesh is always ready to try and dominate the spirit."

Love this.
Posted: 22 Apr 2013 09:53 PM PDT
Megan is one of my all time favorite bloggers. Period. She's also a mother I have a huge amount of respect for. I truly admire her as a mother and as a writer. My guess is that she won't ever take this post down to protect her boys. And my guess is that they'll grow into strong young men, not in spite of, but because of, their mother's honesty.

On New York: 
Posted: 24 Apr 2013 08:20 PM PDT
So apparently this is possible :)

Posted: 23 Apr 2013 08:03 PM PDT
I love this.

On Living Life the Best We Can:
Posted: 23 Apr 2013 08:21 PM PDT
"But mere weeks into 2013 my new turquoise day planner resembled a graffiti laden underpass and revealed a life overflowing with do and very little don't....God did a wise thing when ordering the seasons, because we routinely receive fresh beginnings...I've been reevaluating."

Enjoy!

No comments: