Friday, August 2, 2013

August Happenings

I decided August needed to be bold and bright. I really like the header this month. I think it's funky and fresh and just looks like Summer (which I'm not even close to being ready to say goodbye to).
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

August is a nicely packed month. It's pretty much all really fun stuff, though, and I'm very excited about it.

- The biggest thing is that Peyton and I are taking our big exploratory trip this month. It's coming up soon and I'm planning to blog more about it next week.

- Last night I took another sewing class and really enjoyed it and was proud of what I learned. It's finally getting a bit easier!

- Peyton and I are going to little Philosophy Club meeting (a group my friend started that meets every few months) this weekend.

- Cookie's also going to be in town for the weekend and we're planning on soaking up some time with her.

- The first of several Fall consignment sales is next week (how are we here already??) and I think Carrie and I are going to go out for some girl time afterward!

- That's just the next couple of weeks, and it doesn't look like much, but all right together I think it kind of is.

- The second half of the month should be more low key as we gear up for school starting back.

Here are last month's goals:

1. Spend time reading actual books. Yes. I'm really enjoying it, but it takes being very intentional. There's just only so much time in a day!

2. Continue the Summer Salad Challenge. We did this and found one great one that I have no doubt will be a Summer staple for years! 

3. Make swimming a priority. We could have done better with this, honestly. We got on a kick, but then life sort of happened. Things picked up a bit in the last couple of weeks and we just didn't do as many "lessons" as we should have.


4. Plan our NYC trip for August. We have our plane tickets and the hotel is booked and we have a pretty good general idea of what we want to check out. But we need to make a rough but detailed outline for the trip. 


This month's goals:
1. Make Graves another one of each of the two outfits I've taken sewing classes for this Summer. I've almost completed a second bubble and I got the supplies for a second pair of pants!

2. Finish planning NYC trip. Like I said, we just need to nail down some details. Also: pack. 

3. Get house in shape to leave (straighten, clean, get caught up on laundry) and type up some kid info for our parents to reference while we're gone. I just want to leave things feeling orderly and up to date.  Also: pack kids' bags. 

4. Get our will finalized. This has to do (somewhat) with the trip, but mainly it's something that's just been needing to be done for awhile. We're working on it and I know I'll feel more peaceful when everything is in place and we've signed our names. 

Here's to August, a month where we'll start saying goodbye to a wonderful blissfully peaceful season and a month we're we'll begin fervently exploring for the future. May it be a month in which we stay particularly in tune to where the Spirit is leading our family and a month in which we extend grace to one another as we encounter new decisions and new pressures. 

3 comments:

Emily said...

Hi! Do you mind sharing what consignment sale is this week? I have a 1month old and am trying to learn about all of these sales... I'm looking forward to the littlefeet sale in a few weeks!

Emily said...

Hi! Do you mind sharing what consignment sale is this week? I have a 1 month old and am trying to figure out all of these consignment sales :) thanks!

Sarah Denley said...

Sure! The sale is the Children's Exchange. It's going to be this Tuesday and Wednesday. It starts at 8:00 and goes until 7:00 both days :)