Monday, September 30, 2013

31 Days of Mississippi Goodbyes: Intro and Directory



So, in a few short months we (me, my husband, my flighty but precocious four year old, and my wild boy child who is two) are moving to the Big Apple. The City That Never Sleeps. NEW!YORK!CITY!

We are moving from the suburbs of central Mississippi. I've done a bit of writing (and there's a lot more of it to do in the coming months and years) about New York, but I wanted to take this month to share parts of my journey as I say "goodbye" to my beloved home for the past twenty seven years (or really "see ya later" as we know this won't be a forever thing, but that sounded awkward and looked even more so on the button). 

Some of this will be likely be general things involving our city and state- favorite restaurants and recreation sites, special spots, and significant people and places that belong to everyone that calls the Magnolia State home. But I'm predicting a lot of these posts will be more personal and will just be a way of me processing this major event going on in my life. I'm going to do my best, though, to share what a beautiful place I've called my own, what a rich culture I've be privileged to claim, and what an honor it is to have been blessed to be a resident of such an amazing state. 

A little housekeeping note: I'll be adding links to each post here, so this post will serve as a directory page to the entire series. I hope y'all enjoy! 

Day 1: Into
Day 6: Skipped





4 comments:

Bech and Marley Evans said...

So basically your blog is going to make me homesick every day. Um, thanks! Ha, just kidding--I will love getting to hear about Jackson (and drooling over southern food).

Ashley said...

Can't wait to read these posts! I like how we're both writing about places we love for our 31 series. :)

Mimi said...

Hey Sarah!
I'm looking forward to your posts! I'm writing a similar series on being Southern (and I'm from central MS)
Best of Luck to you in NYC! I've heard they have a MS picnic there in the summertime so when you're really homesick that might be the place to go: )

Leslie said...

WOW! I've lived in MS before...twice actually. And, I've never been to NYC, but it's going to be a big change for sure. I look forward to your series and getting to know you more!