Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Weekly Smorgasbord

This week's links:


On Beauty:
Posted: 14 Sep 2013 01:07 PM PDT
"But that's my issue. I never want to give my boys permission to do that. By loving myself right where I am, and allowing my husband to love me right where I am without making excuses about my post-baby body, or two-day hair, I am showing Hudson and Hayes to look deeper. To love people for more than what they see on the outside.   That just because their friends think it's fun to compare and critique women, it's okay if they don't play along.   I want them to see a mom who works hard, who is comfortable with herself, and most importantly, let the smile on my face and the joy in my life define the way people see me on the outside. The presence of Jesus Christ in my heart and in my life and in my actions."

On To-Do Lists and Jesus:
Posted: 14 Sep 2013 01:02 PM PDT
"My to-do list is bulging, each task more time-consuming than the one I just finished. I have work to complete and a mounting sense of shame that the reason I'm unable to finish is not because it's too much work but because I am lacking something vital to continue – organization, creativity, skill, the ability to focus."

On Plastic Surgery, Race, and the Media:
Posted: 14 Sep 2013 01:13 PM PDT
Thought provoking.

On Shame and Humilation:
Posted: 14 Sep 2013 10:10 PM PDT
The difference between humiliation and shame. Really interesting.

On Living Life:
Posted: 15 Sep 2013 09:44 PM PDT
"And if you let your mind expand beyond your loved ones, to the ever-widening circles spreading out from them, you could leave behind: A world that values experiences over stuff. A world that values justice over injustice. A world that values love over hate. A world that values compassion over greed."

Enjoy!

No comments: