Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Weekly Happenings #238 (October 14-20)-- (Wish It Felt Like) Fall Break



Last week was nice. Busy, but nice. It was Fall Break for AP's school, Peyton had a few days off, and I volunteered a bit. Overall a good week!

I got up on Monday after Peyton left for work. Graves was in our bed (he had joined us super early) and got moving., Graves and I played and cuddled for a few minutes and then I started him eating breakfast. Annie woke up and I got laundry going and picked up around the house a good bit because my sister in law and her kids were coming over. I took out the trash and texted someone about babysitting for Ultreya that week. I had breakfast and took my bath and got the kids ready and then Elizabeth got here. The kids had fun playing with their cousins for the rest of the morning and then we ate lunch.

After they left, we finished cleaning up and I took Graves's picture for the month and I put Graves down for a nap.

He took forever to fall asleep and I wasn't feeling great myself and once he did fall asleep he didn't sleep long.

I did a few things on the computer and ate lunch and then he woke up in an AWFUL mood. He cuddled with me for about half and hour and then colored and did play dough with Annie while I cooked some tomato soup.
This moment of grace brought to you by a bunch of junk that could be washed out and recycled but is actually going straight to the trash can. Because there comes an evening when you realize you are not single-handedly responsible for sustaining the planet but you are the primary individual responsible for sustaining the lives and health and well being of two other humans. And the latter has got to take precedent over the former every time. Sometimes this will involve self care in the form of a trip to the trash can. 

They ate and I laid down, I felt so gross. Peyton got home right as I was putting them in the tub. He helped me finish that and do their routines and Y'ALL we went to bed right after they did. That's so unheard of for us.

I got up and got ready to go work my Bargain Boutique shift on Tuesday. I worked my two hour shift and came home just as Peyton was ready to leave for work. I did dishes and laundry and then the kids and I picked up toys and they had lunch. I put them down for naps and made some pasta salad and fixed my lunch. I got on the computer for a bit and then got ready because we had our Ultreya meeting that night. The kids got up and I got them ready and we left. It was a good meeting and when we got home, I did their routines and put them to bed.

Peyton was off on Wednesday and we had a nice busy day! We started out with eye appointments for both of us. We just traded off the kids in the waiting room (and Peyton ran to Lowe's while I was having my appointment). It was sort of a long morning, but they did really well. We ran by home so I could change and Peyton could get his car and then we went to eat Mexican for lunch. I headed straight to my four hour shift at the Children's Museum (I was in the art room again and it was fun) and from there straight to church. I ate and Peyton met me and I helped teach AP's class. We came home and started getting the kids settled. I was so tired and so stressed from not being home all day, I kind of lost it. I sat down for a bit and Peyton got the kids to bed and then I blogged some and did a few things and went to bed.

I slept late on Thursday and then we had a slow morning. Too slow really, I was kind of frustrated about not getting anything done. Anyway, we ran errands around eleven (the bank, post office, Target for a return, the Walgreens district office, and Kroger). We got home and I put up groceries, cleaned out the fridge, and started dishes and laundry. I got on the computer and read a few blogs and started a post and then I started making some finger sandwiches for Homecoming that night (it's a Cursillo thing that was at our church). We got the kids up and got ready and went to Homecoming.


We got home super late and put the kids to bed. I blogged and visited with Peyton and went to bed.

Friday started out really well. I slept late again :) I took a bath, made a list and had my breakfast. Peyton had to leave early, so we talked a bit and then he left. I folded some laundry, did dishes, and straightened the kids' room. After that, I vacuumed in the kitchen and mopped while the kids were playing. I fixed them lunch and started vacuuming the rest of the house. AP got upset about something and literally I've never seen her lose it like she did. It was awful and by the end of it she BIT MY LIP. Seriously. I put her in time out and she tried to run out the kitty door. It was bad. She finally calmed down and I got Graves down for his nap. He never did nap, but it was nice to just breath. I actually was pretty proud of myself because I didn't lose MY mind. I've been praying for patience, so I know I shouldn't really be proud because it wasn't me at all.

Anyway, I talked to my mom and Peyton on the phone and read a few blogs. Graves got up and I folded more laundry. I actually got a TON folded and we sorted some toys. I fixed the kids supper and got them to bed. I got on the computer until Peyton got home. We had fish for dinner and watched the news and went to bed.

The kids slept late on Saturday (they had both been up in the night, weird) and that was nice. I got moving and actually got a good bit done. I went up to the attic to get a Charlie Brown Halloween dvd Peyton had bought on sale last Fall and I decided to go through a box of "big kid" room stuff. I had thought I wouldn't use it until after we got back from NYC, but I found some great stuff I want to use in the kids' room now, so I got it down. Then I pulled out some boxes from under their bed to sort through. I took my bath and ate breakfast and we watched the movie while I folded a bunch more laundry. We straightened and had lunch and then I got them settled. They had a good rest time and I read some blogs atnd ate lunch. I did my Bible study and read some. I started a post and when the kids got up I cooked some soup for supper. Peyton got home and we visited. The kids watched Charlie Brown again and then ate supper and had baths. We got down some Halloween decorations and let the kids help decorate. Peyton and I talked about New York and I read blogs and went to bed with an headache.

I woke up around four that morning and couldn't sleep. I had a snack and looked at apartments in NYC. I finally fell back asleep. We got up and got ready for Sunday school and Peyton got ready for work on Sunday. Sunday school was good and I helped with children's church. I had realized when I was up that morning that I had forgotten to get a present for a shower I was helping to HOST. Anyway, the kids and I ran by Belk on the way home. I told Annie "Hold the stroller or hold a hand. This is practice for New York." and she did great. Graves really did, too. Peyton's dad beat me to our house and I grabbed some snacks to eat on the way and headed to the shower. It was lovely and I think the couple really enjoyed it. I got home and picked up around the house and then got the kids and myself ready for evening church. It was a great sermon and Peyton met me and got the kids and I went over to a friends' house for a new group I'm in. I got home and the kids were asleep. Peyton and I talked and I blogged and went to bed.

Whew! We have a pretty full week this week, too. And I'm hoping it will turn cooler at some point!

No comments: