Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Weekly Smorgasbord

This is a short list, obviously. But, I'm trying to get back in the swing again. Also, I think I've said this before, but I generally link to thing I (at least somewhat) agree with or find though provoking. I try not to be combative and link to bunch of stuff that riles me up. That said, sometimes this is the place where I share what I DON'T agree with or believe. And that happened in this post. 


On Children with Special Needs:
Posted: 26 Nov 2013 07:55 PM PST
On Child Prostitution: 
Posted: 26 Nov 2013 07:55 PM PST

On Emotional Modesty:
I know a LOT of people disagree with me, but I just can't get on board with this type post. First of all, it seems pretty legalistic (how about my husband and I (guided by God's word and the Holy Spirit) get to decide what is good and right for our marriage? Secondly, it's one thing to be relying on someone else to meet the needs your spouse should be meeting, but I think these hard and fast rules set us up for a fear of being vulnerable and transparent in all our relationships. Thirdly, I'm just kind of tired of feeling shamed for a nonromantic relationship that has been (and will always be) very central to my life. 
Posted: 26 Nov 2013 07:54 PM PST
On Theology I Strongly Disagree With:
David Barton & Kenneth Copeland: Soldiers should not suffer from PTSD, according to the Bible | Religion News Service
Posted: 13 Nov 2013 11:15 AM PST
It's been awhile since I've read something on the Internet that made me want to throw up and scream obscenities. This is such complete and utter horse crap.

Enjoy...or eh, get informed, I guess. Most of this isn't all that enjoyable to me. Hopefully a more positive link list next week!

No comments: