Sunday, December 1, 2013

Daily Thankfuls (November 23-30)



156. Peyton's wonderful grandmother (who I love like my own) and precious time with her this weekend.
157. a three hour nap snuggled with my baby boy (who is, incidentally, a wonderful cuddle buddy). It did wonders for my soul.
158.  the peace of mind that comes with finalizing our wills and the immeasurable gratitude for the names that fill it.
159. cooking three meals in as many days and the (admittingly embarrassing) sense of accomplishment it provided.
160. my adorable almost brother in law and the friendly banter that I assume will last for the duration, since he's about to be stuck with us for the duration.
161. parents and siblings and inlaws and the overwhelming love for the family I was born into and the one I married into.
162. the excitement evoked (from my children & myself) when my precious go-to nongrandparent babysitter was home this week. 
163.when I text my friends (one of whom bleeds red and green and definitely has the gift of problem solving) because I'm having a huge breakdown over all the perfect Pinterest Christmas houses on FB combined with the crippling fear of my husband leaving to find our new home in no less than a month and they tell me EXACTLY what decorating I'm capable of, explain how I will pull it off, and remind me that my children will feel no less loved for it if we string popcorn and make disposable ornaments and throw it all away and have an easy take down a few days before their Papa leaves town. And another friend who answered with an in depth read on personality and needs and how I was going actualize them in the midst of a bit of chaos. I love my people so, so very much.


“I would maintain that thanks are the highest form of thought; and that gratitude is happiness doubled by wonder.”  -G.K. Chesterton

No comments: