Saturday, January 18, 2014

Weekly Happenings #252 (January 20-26)-- Last Full Week in Mississippi


Y'all. It's time to get this show on the road. I'm so ready for a bit more normalacy. Thankfully, that's about to happen but I'm a big ball of stress getting  ready for it! 

Monday was super busy. I got up and got a bath and right as I was getting out, the moving cubes got delivered.
(Yeah, and it took me a few minutes to get to the door.) 

I spent the rest of the morning packing my clothes and last little things- toys and kids' shoes and stuff. I started laundry and dishes and put Graves down and packed some stuff in the kitchen and pulled down the curtains to pack. Graves never did fall asleep and actually handed me a piece of the blinds he had broken at one point. I called my parents because I was STRESSED and they both came over. My mom took the kids to her house and my dad helped me pack the microwave and toaster oven. I was literally folding clothes from the clean laundry and putting them in boxes. Ricky, a guy my mom knows from Batte, came to help pack the cubes. He and his friend did an amazing job. 

After they left, I followed Daddy home. I ate some beans he heated up and bathed the kids. They were SUPER hyper. Graves fell asleep on the way home, but AP was so tired and upset about everything. She had forgotten to eat her ice cream, she thought she wouldn't get to have a "night party" with Graves and then she LOST IT when she realized her ballet skirt was packed. She literally cried for an hour. I tried to help her, but nothing I said made a difference. And Graves woke back up. And they pulled all the deserted out of her armoire. They finally both fell asleep really late. I talked to Peyton and watched The West Wing. 

The night was so insane. The kitties were CRAZY. Like chasing each other around and at one point one skidded into the buffet. Annie woke up because she had had an accident and then Graves woke up at six something.
(No, YOU woke up, put on an infant glow worm costume and went back to sleep on the couch beside your momma). 

I got up around eight in Tuesday and started getting ready. I lost my wallet and panicked a bit and then found it. I got the kids ready and them we left for Annie's dental appointment. I dropped Graves off with my friend Karissa and we went to the appointment. She did GREAT and we actually got to do both sides so we didn't have to go back on Thursday. I picked Graves up and Annie's lip started bleeding because she bit it. It looked AWFUL.

We were going to see Granny (she had broken her hip and was in the hospital in Hattisburg) but it took us forever to get in the road. We went by home so I could teetee, then had to turn around again to get my phone charger, and then headed to McDonalds. I was going to get AP a milkshake and I decided to get Graves one too. They milkshake machine was broken, though. I got my food and we headed to CFA for the shakes. I poured Graves's in his sippy and I was making a mess, so I got out of the car and put the cup and shake on top of the car. The wind blew so hard it knocked the cup off. Fortunately there was still plenty in the cup, but my car door and window was covered. It also happened to be the window that chronically slides open about a half inch. I cleaned the inside AND outside of the window and we ran home one more time to get some Tylenol for Annie. Graves fell asleep really quickly and AP did soon after. Her poor lip was hurting so much, so I was glad! I listened to music and talked to Peyton and the trip was nice. 

Jagger-ing it down 49 South to see hip broken Granny. 

We got there and the kids were SO well behaved. We ended up staying longer than I expected- about an hour and a half. Some other relatives (that we don't know that well) were there and I think that made it easier for Granny to not feel like she had to talk the whole time. The kids did great on the trip home and they are supper and then I let AP finish the program she was watching that morning.
Seven o'clock and it felt like midnight. Peyton drives from Mississippi to Chicago in basically a weekend and acts like it ain't no thing. I drive four hours in a day and I'm Stick a Fork in Me Done. Quintessential us, really. I will say that the times are a changin' as. I've hauled my ow butt and two tiny ones around like never before. 

 Graves practiced cutting and I straightened and starting laundry and dishes. I put them up bed and talked to Peyton. 
And then he brings up "objective difficulty". I really strongly agree with being authentic and acknowledging the hard even when it pales in comparison to the true tragedy others experience. But it's important to keep a vodka crc perspective. I'm do glad he's mine (but you wouldn't have him). 

I ate cold slaw and potato chips because I just couldn't think about turning on the stove and the microwave was packed in the cube. I fell asleep pretty early by my standards. 

The cubes were getting picked up Wednesday and I had a bit more to do. The kids slept until nine and then I got busy packing last minute things.
I have to have the TV on to fall asleep and it's an even bigger deal when Peyton isn't here. Plus our sheets got packed in the cube. These two joined me along with a bunch if stuffed animals and at one point, one of the cats. Tiny apartments aren't so bad, really. Oh edit, we aren't there yet? :) 

She looks...comfortable??

 I took a bath and my dad came over helped me and brought a lock for the second cube. I called to say they were ready and he left. I called the vet about a health certificate the kitties needed to fly and called our auto guy to make sure my car had had an oil change when it was in the shop in December. I started laundry and talked to Peyton and then the kids and I cleaned up their room and we I fixed them lunch.  

I got them settled, had my lunch, visited with Annie, and texted with some friends a bit. Then the cubes got picked up! 

I wasn't feeling motivated at all, but the kids were playing well so I spent about half an hour taking things to the attic and organizing then. We got ready and left for church. It was really great and when we got home we read and brushed teeth and I put the kids in bed. They were both pretty clingy and I data yes in their room longer than usual. I talked to Peyton and my mom and boxed up some stuff in our room for storage. I put up laundry and went to bed. 

We had a lot to do on Thursday but we started out all watch Bob the Builder on the couch :) I got up and took my bath and we all got ready and started errands. We picked up the cats' health certificates at the vet, deposited some checks at the bank, dropped off the nebulizer from when Graves was sick, and ran by the Deckards' house to drop off cans and pick up Graves's lovey. We made one last stop at Kroger and came home for lunch and naps. I put up groceries, emptied the liter box, and started laundry and dishes. Graves never went to sleep and after an hour I let AP go in there and okay with him. I ate lunch and took a short nap and played on my phone. 
I found him like this in the closet. Somehow Hulk doesn't look so threatening in polka dots and bows. 

They got up and we read done books and I cooked spaghetti and cleanedbup the kitchen. I bathed them and folded laundry and went through magazines. I got them ready for bed and they fell asleep pretty quickly. I watched TV and went to sleep.
OMG. She is so needy and her anxiety situation is worse than my own. Honestly, I need help parenting her. So touched out. 

He joined me on the couch much earlier than usual. He had his box packed and FLEW into the den. 
His toes were so cold but when we woke up we were both sweating. Winter snuggle sweat is the very best sweat. 

The kids got up on Friday and we snuggled some and them I took a bath and we had breakfast. We had a super laid back morning- I got on Facebook a bit and read some magazines. We played and had lunch. 

I got Graves down for a nap and talked to Peyton about some moving glitches (i.e. The co-op only let's people move in on Saturdays and the cubes can't be delivered on face weekend). 
She never naps anymore. But I found her like this. I guess these games of Three on the Couch are taking their toll. 

I packed a bit to store in our room and then took my own nap. The kids got up and I did dishes and then we went to my parents'. We had such a great time and got home late. 
Last time to eat beans and rice with Mickey and Minnie until October. So bittersweet. 

He kept saying "I being careful". 

I talked to Peyton and went to bed.

We all got up around nine on Saturday. We had breakfast and I took my bath and then I spent the morning talking to Peyyon who was at Ikea trying to order our stuff. I finally got the kids lunch and put Graves down. 
Peyton was stress eating at Ikea and I had a huge bowl of these with a ton of butter. We ran up on some more moving glitches and I couldn't stop crying because when I hugged Snnie the night before she smelled just like my mom because she had been in her lap. 

I ate my lunch and packed up some stuff in our room and the study and then I took AP outside to play and I cleaned out (most of) the garage). 
So warm she didn't even need socks! 

We came in and Graves woke up and we got ready and ran to Target for a few things. When we got home, I fed the kids and bathed them. I read through some magazines and I got the kids down and then called Peyton and we went through the mail together. Annie had THE hardest time getting to sleep and cried and cried. I watched the second half of SNL and went to bed. 

We got up on Sunday and got ready for church. 
I realize that tons of people dress their kids like this for church on the regular. But a could of years ago I would have been too prideful to put Graves and Annie in anything other than Feltman and a bishop respectively. Or at the very least I would have taken to fretting over it. But the fact that I woke up moderately refreshed; that we got a bonus Sabbath with our precious church family; and that they are both happy and healthy and still relatively well adjusted individuals despite their papa'a nearly month long absence meant I had nothing but cause for rejoicing. 

We headed to Sundsy school and church which was great and them headed home. I fixed the kids lunch and changed the cat liter and took out the trash. I put Graves down and ate my lunch. He finally  fell asleep and I took a nap myself. Our associate pastor had said I looked tired so I felt it was deserved. 

I packed the kids lunch and we headed back to church. It was a wonderful last service! We got home and I put the kids to bed. I straightened the house, ate supper, talked to Peyton and read some magazines. I did my Bible study and watched The West Wing and went to bed. 
He was snoring like a grown man and she fell asleep in a box! 

I can't believe this is THE week that we're moving! 






















1 comment:

Courtney said...

Good luck with the move this week. AP had better enjoy her days of not having to wear socks because she is going to need them when you arrive in NYC!