Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Weekly Happenings Post #250 (January 6th-12th)-- Another Week Without Papa



First of all, let's take a moment to acknowledge that this is my TWO HUNDRED AND FIFTIETH WH POST. Basically about five years I've been doing these things. Whoa. That is crazy.

Next. Wow, I miss Peyton. And I'm so ready to feel settled. I'm going to blog about the details in a seperate post, but this week was crazy as far as the house hunting. We thought we'd found something a couple of times and then lost it (or never really had it). It's been emotional to say the least. I think Peyton finally has something and tomorrow the paperwork should go through. Then it'll be another week or so and we'll send our stuff and fly up.

Wow. Wow. Wow.

We all got up around 8:30 on Monday morning and had breakfast and then I got my bath. I sorted through some of my shoes and then the kids played and I read some magazines. I talked to Peyton about apartments and got a little discouraged because two of the ones we liked had contracts on them. I played with the kids some and went through theirs and my dvds and then we had lunch.

I put the kids down and Graves refused to really nap. I looked and apartments and went through more shoes and packed a bit and then I read my Bible. I also tried to move this little loveseat thing into my closet and it ALMOST fit. I was so frustrated and out of breath. I finally let Graves get up and we got ready and headed to my parents' house.
Car nap. Because of course. 

I wanted to run a few errands without the kids and my mom had offered to keep them. I went to Old Navy and Anthropologie and picked up a few new things and then I stopped in at the Apple store because I still had that waiting app on my phone. I got back and the kids were in the tub. I washed their hair and ate some chicken pot pie and we left. The kids fell asleep on the way home.

I got on the computer and worked on my Weekly Happenings Post and put pictures on Facebook and a video on Vimeo. I worked on going through more dvds and went to bed.
This is their new thing. I opened the door to their (tiny) closet and found them like this. Small apartment living ain't gonna be no thing for these two snuggle buddies.

Tuesday was a slow day. The kids woke up at 5:30, but then they went back to sleep and slept until TEN. I was so thrilled. I took a bath, went through more shoes and some leggings and scarves and flipped through a few magazines. We at lunch and had "naptime". I visited with AP and ate my lunch and then I laid down for a minute even though I felt really stupid since I had slept so late, but my head was hurting really bad. Graves had a dirty diaper so I got up to change it and Peyton called and then Annie flooded the toilet. I hung up on Peyton, turned the toilet off and cleaned up the mess. And called my dad. He was at the grocery store, which was great because Graves was screaming about his Band Aid coming off (he had cut himself on a stool really badly at my parents' house) and I was out. My dad rushed over with a fresh box and fixed the toilet. He played for a bit and I did laundry and picked up.

After he left, I took Annie's monthly picture and organized some stuff to take to Gateway.

Her expressions!

We got ready and made a Target run for some diapers, groceries, wipes, and storage boxes. When we got home, I unloaded and the kids ate supper. I had bought some watercolors and we read a book about mixing colors and did a project before bed. I feel like I've been so awful with school stuff and even with interacting with them much, so it felt good to do this. I got them ready for bed and got them settled.

I got on the computer and finished a post and started a new one. I also backed up all my blogs on Wordpress and did a few other things. I went to bed late.

The kids slept pretty late again on Wednesday and actually I found them up and playing in the closet. Ha! We got up and I got my bath and took out the trash and changed the liter box and started laundry. The toilet flooded again and Graves busted his lip and got blood on the couch. It was a crazy morning and it was lunch before I knew it.
I could deal with being down to one potty- I mean that's all we'll have in a couple of weeks (fingers crossed). But we're two for two now. P.S. Albert is our regular plumber's bestie who he recommended because he can't get out here until NEXT WEEK because everyone in Jackson has busted pipes. 

I got Graves down and then got on the computer and talked to Peyton. Mickey came over and fixed the toilet again and I worked a little more on a post and then Graves woke up.
What a guy. Mickey saves the day: part two. Or part eight hundred and seventy six. However you want to look at it, really. (He came in saying something about working through lunch again today, brushed right past me, and practically ran to join Annie where she was crafting. Then he fixed one of two of my upset potties.)

 I got us all ready for church and we headed to the Chili Cook-Off. It's a fundraiser for missions and sort of a fun way to kick of the new semester. We had a great time and I was so glad we were able to go after having had to miss church due to sickness since Christmas. We got home and I put the kids to bed and talked to Peyton some more about our apartment options. I finished my post and went to bed.

Thursday was nice. Graves got up earlier but he snuggled with me for awhile. Then I spent literally the whole morning on the phone with Peyton discussing the apartments he had seen. I finally got a bath and ate breakfast. The kids did really well playing together and lunch time seemed to get here really fast. I fed them and then bathed them because I was going out with friends that night and they needed baths. I put Graves down for his nap and talked to Peyton some more and got on the computer for a bit. I read a few magazines and then Graves got up. I folded laundry and talked to the kids and then got ready. Claire came over and I met some friends at Fernando's, after running by the grocery store on the way. We had a wonderful time and when I got home the kids were in bed but still awake. I tucked them in and they went on to sleep. I talked to Peyton again(!) and messed around on the computer and then cleaned out a couple of drawers in my dresser and got a couple more boxes packed.

We had kind of a busy Friday. We got up and I got a bath and got the kids ready and did a few things I really wanted to get done- starting laundry and changing the cat litter. We headed out to drop some stuff off at Gateway. Peyton always takes our donations and I got lost. I texted Carrie to tell her we were running late and then Graves pulled off his band-aid from where he had pinched his finger at my parents'. I knew he'd have a hard time at lunch and fortunately we were back close to home nearly on time, so we swung back the house to get a new one. We met Carrie and her kids at Newks and it was a great lunch. Graves got fussy a few times and we made a bit of a mess, per usual, but it seemed like we got more talking in than we have lately. Right as we were leaving, Peyton called and told me that an apartment that we LOVED and were sure we had wasn't going to be ours. Because, wait for it, we have kids. So unfair and so ILLEGAL. Anyway, we came home and I put the kids down and talked to Peyton a bit more. I started dishes and laundry, read a few magazines, got on the computer, and then took a nap myself. When Graves got up, we headed to my parents for dinner. We had a nice time and when we got home, I put them to bed and talked to Peyton some more. I got on the computer and cleaned up a little. The kids were still awake having a "night party" when I went to bed at 1:30.

The kids got up late on Saturday and I talked to Peyton most of the morning. I cried a lot (a LOT) about the apartment and finally took my bath. I started laundry and dishes and took out the trash while the kids played and then we had lunch. During naptime, I texted with Carrie and Ashley and then talked more to Peyton. I finally gave in and we decided to make an offer on an apartment. Graves never fell asleep, but he and Annie played a good while. Once we finally had a decision, I felt so much better and I decided to go clean out/vacuum our cars.
comfort chalk

When the kids got up, we picked up their toys and then played outside until it got dark and then came in for supper. Our friends from church, the Deckards, came over and Buzz worked on our toilets and the kids got to play with their girls. It was nice. When they left, though, I still needed to go to Walmart and I also needed to bathe the children. I knew neither was going to happen on Sunday morning! We got ready and ran to Walmart for a few things- vacuum bags and a treat for my Sunday school class. When we got home, I gave them quick baths and put them to bed. They fell asleep and I went to sleep soon after. I was so exhausted.

I was up before the kids on Sunday so I got my bath and got ready and then I actually had to wake them up. We got ready and had breakfast and left for Sunday school. I was close to being on time, but got distracted talking to Darlene and the new youth minister. We were discussing curriculum for the new year in Sunday school, so it wasn't too big of a deal since we won't be there anyway. Church was really good and Graves and I sat near the front (Annie went to children's church). He did great and I didn't even have a sucker to give him :) We got home and had lunch and I started laundry and dishes and put Graves down. He never did fall asleep and I didn't get much done. I laid down myself and then got on the computer for a bit and ate my lunch. The kids got up and played a bit and we cleaned up and got ready for evening church. It was great and when we got home, I put the kids right to bed. I filed some magazine articles and sorted some things to pack and then went to bed.

This week is going to be low key again. This solo parenting this is really, really tiring. Honestly, it hasn't been AS awful as I expected, but I am pretty worn out.

1 comment:

Courtney said...

Praying that this week, you will find the perfect apartment and will be one step closer to being together. God has the perfect plan for your family.