Thursday, March 20, 2014

Weekly Smorgasbord

Well, well. It's been AWHILE. But now that I'm getting back in the game with regular blogging (and blog reading), I decided it's time to bring back this feature, too! I've really enjoyed reading blogs again, but (and I'm doing better at this lately!), I'm trying to balance it with actual ink on pages and read more books.



On Serving Homosexuals:
Posted: 17 Mar 2014 11:53 AM PDT
"I know many will jump as say, "How can you say that and say that bakers should bake the cake?" For me, and I believe this deeply, there is a vast difference between providing goods and services and presiding over a religious ceremony that is covenantal in nature. I really don't have profound arguments to expand on that, so I will leave it at that."

On Survival and Strength:
Posted: 15 Mar 2014 12:23 PM PDT
"We asked survival experts to analyze Tuff's actions, and they freeze-framed three subtle moments in which her deft maneuvering increased her chances for survival. To Tuff, these actions seemed insignificant at the time. But they went beyond her celebrated ability to build empathy with the gunman by disclosing her personal struggles. Tuff instinctively took a series of actions that professionals who deal with violence take years to master, experts say." 

Fascinating.

On Parenting:
Posted: 19 Mar 2014 03:40 PM PDT
"Listen, when I realized I was more than half the problem in this whole entitlement parenting challenge, it was a wake up call. Kids naturally want what they haven't earned, especially if we are handing it out for free."
On Really Crazy Stuff:
Posted: 12 Mar 2014 05:58 PM PDT
I mean, I'm trying not to laugh, but really? And he's really a threat to the BABY he needs to go.
On the Messages We Send Our Boys:
Posted: 12 Mar 2014 05:57 PM PDT
This is so important.

On My Heart and In My Head:
Posted: 18 Mar 2014 09:40 PM PDT
"Sometimes it's hard and some days I'm really, really lonely. But I love it way more than I thought I would. And it feels more and more like an (albeit temporary) version of home every day. I'm shocked because I never expected to love this place like I do." A (very) few thoughts and a fun slideshow from our first month here!
Posted: 18 Mar 2014 09:39 PM PDT
Now that we're settled we're easing back into homeschooling and I wanted to give a little update!

There ya go! Not a lot from this week, but like I said it feels good to be reading and sharing again!

No comments: