Saturday, November 22, 2014

Thankfuls (Days 11-20)

Ten more days of thankfuls! I have to be honest here, I've been in a bad ugly sinful season of discontent. These lists are always a good exercise, but particularly so when I seem to be struggling in finding contentment despite many, many blessings. 




[Sometimes, things have more meaning when context is given. When I look back at these, I want to remember that context.]
*Day 13- This may sound really silly, but along with giving birth naturally, I credit the woman I am today in large part to learning how to manage public transit in a huge city with small people. I used to be extremely underconfident and very fearful. I still am, at times. But these two things have been so empowering and have shown me that through the Lord's strength I am capable of way more than I think I am. It doesn't matter that I'm small and afraid, I am fierce in Him and I will get my tail and theirs' wherever we need to be in this epic city. 
**Day 15- TMI but cough and sneeze season is always a good reminder that my body is a little broken from these kiddos (mainly Graves). It doesn't work like it did six years ago, for sure. But it also reminds me how thankful I am that it did exactly what it was designed to do TWICE, but particularly with Graves who was a lot bigger and a bit more difficult to carry than his tiny sister. 

1 comment:

Annie said...

I don't think that's silly at all! Sometimes I've experienced anxiety when I've been in a new place, and the thing that helps me settle in and regain my confidence is being able to navigate. The fact that you and your kids use public transit to run errands and get places is fun, functional, and so characteristic of NYC. That you can keep all of you together and moving is something to be proud of, especially in such a huge city!