Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Weekly Happenings #308 (February 16-22)-- All the Emotions

My guess is that this could be the title of these posts from here on out. But last week was rough. I think I cried every day. And I know I had a headache every day. Something was up with the weather and I was just pretty down. A lot of things felt overwhelming and one day I felt like the move home couldn't come any sooner and the next I'd feel like I wasn't ready at all. I sure there will be plenty of posts processing that in the days and weeks to come =) For now our week...

Peyton had to work Monday afternoon, but we had a nice morning all together. We woke up at a reasonable time and I got a bath and Peyton fixed breakfast. We played with the kids some and talked a bunch and then had lunch.
We have this whole shelf in a kitchen cabinet of random things from mine and Peyton's moms. I keep saying we'll pull them out for a "rainy day" but we never do. A snowy day seemed just as well! 

I fed the kids lunch and did dishes and then Graves rested. I got  on the computer and did English with Annie. Graves got up and we did math and then I cooked supper. They ate and I bathed them and cleaned up the kitchen. I got them to bed and worked on a post. Peyton got home and we talked and then I got back on the computer and went to bed.
You know, it's been awhile

Peyton worked all day on Tuesday. The kids got up way earlier than they have been and Graves was so cranky and felt bad. I let them watch more TV than usual and then fed the breakfast. They played and I planned school and made a list for the day, got on the computer, read my devotion, did chores, took a bath, and ate breakfast. I played with them some, we did our morning school, and then cleaned up (we had decided not to, but Annie went berserk over a lost toy so I told her the only way I was helping her find it was if we cleaned up). Peyton called and then I fixed the kids lunch. It was getting to be late and I KNEW Graves would fall asleep if I sent him to his room. I ended up letting him stay up and play with AP. I wrote a post and then we did English and math (Graves did okay, actually). I fixed them supper, did dishes, and got them to bed. Graves actually fell asleep while I was reading to them! I got on the computer and then Peyton and I ate when he got home. We talked and watched a show and then I sent an email and went to bed.

Wednesday was a nice day. We got up a little late and I took my bath and ate breakfast and then got ready and headed to the post office to mail something. I rode the bus there and dropped off my package.

It felt SO good outside that I walked home (I never walk if Peyton's not with me if transit is an option). Then I hurried and got the kids ready so we could spend half an hour at the park before Peyton headed in to work. It's hilarious to me because in Jackson, I'd be griping about getting out of my car and walking across a parking lot at this temperature.

We had a nice time at the park and when we got home, I fixed the kids lunch. I read to them and Graves rested. I ate my lunch and got on the computer. I did critical thinking and played some English games with AP and then Graves got up and we did math. I fixed them supper and did dishes and then got them to bed. I got on the computer and then Peyton got home and we watched a show.

Peyton was off on Thursday and Friday. We had a great day on Thursday. Peyton got up and got ready and left to go meet Jake for coffee.

This guy has been joining us at about four every morning. And lately he's been building a mini "nest" (like in his closet) basically in his sleep. He snores just like his Papa and he's the BEST snuggler. And isn't he beautiful? I don't regret saying yes to him for one minute. 

I got up right after he left and got my breakfast and bath before the kids got up. I got them dressed and fed and we were about to head out to meet Peyton in the city for a Chinese New Years celebration, but he called and said it was REALLY cold and we might want to think of an indoor activity. I talked to the kids and we agreed on the Natural History Museum. We left and they did great on the (longer than usual) train ride. Graves befriended a puppy! We met Peyton and he had gone to Trader Joes and picked up some snacks for lunch. We popped into the the reptile area and then we went to an exhibit where you have to sign up to see at a certain time. It was a natural disasters exhibit and the kids really enjoyed it. I thought it was pretty cool, too. After that we found a little area to have lunch and then we did Asian peoples and animals (which we've never done before). We left pretty tired and came straight home. Peyton headed back out to return some library books and Graves took a nap. I got on the computer and then did math with AP. Peyton got back and I whipped up some pesto for supper while Annie read to him and Graves. We all ate and got the kids to bed. I got back on the computer a bit and went to bed myself.

I woke up with such a bad headache on Friday. I took some medicine and went back to sleep for an hour which is usually enough to get rid of one. I woke up still feeling awful and ate breakfast and took a bath (those usually help too) but no relief. Peyton worked on some things he needed to get done- bills and organizing and other stuff and bathed the kids and I just sort of shuffled around the apartment. Peyton ended up taking the kids to the Children's Museum and I stayed home. I got on the computer for a few minutes and ate lunch and watched an episode of The West Wing. They got home and Peyton cooked supper and was super helpful. He got them to bed and I finally got up and started doing a few things. I HAD to do some laundry because we had another open house on Sunday and there was just no place to put it all. I started that and emailed a friend and did a few other things. I ate super and my head felt some better but I still wasn't one hundred percent. I did a few things and went to bed.

The kids got up on Saturday and ate breakfast and I let them watch an extra show. I got on the computer and did a few things while they watched and then they played and I cleaned some. I did my normal chores and also straightened and swept. We had another open house on Sunday and I wanted to get ahead. I took my bath and ate breakfast and then we did our morning school stuff. We don't always do it on Saturday, but we weren't in a big rush. I played with the kids and then fixed them lunch. We read and Graves rested. I got on the computer and ate my lunch and then did math with Annie. Graves got up and we finished math and then cleaned up their room. I fixed them supper and tidied some more and Peyton got home. I got on the computer a bit and did EVERYTHING possible to get ready for the next day- I washed and put up every dish, packed the kids' lunch, and got out our clothes.

Sunday was a great, but hard, day. I got up and took a bath and then got the kids ready and fixed them breakfast. I did a few last minute things to get the apartment neat and then finished getting ready. We headed to church. There was so much slippery ice and it took us forever. We ended up being late and then Annie got so upset about not taking a dinosaur to Sunday school. She settled down and the sermon was wonderful. I stayed for the Forum and it was the first in a series on heresies- Gnosticism was this week. As I was leaving Jake asked me how I was and I started sobbing. It was the first time a really happy day was much, much harder than a bad one. Which apparently what they do then is anoint you with olive oil and pray a really beautiful prayer over you about having your wounds united with Christ's wounds. And I'm just not sure I'm at all ready to leave.

We went up to his office and talked a few minutes and he prayed for me/us and then I got the kids. Which made things sort of better, sort of worse, you know? We stopped by Peyton's store on the way home and then came home. I was pretty tired at that point. And then poor Annie slipped on the ice and fell. It's the second time she's done that in two weeks. Whew. We got home and the kids had a snack and then played together. I talked to my friend Mallory and then let Annie have some iPad time. We got Graves and they cut and colored some and then I fed them supper. Peyton got home and we read to them and got them to bed. We talked a bunch and then I got on the computer.

Today has been alright. It's Peyton's "good" week, so we'll get a lot of time with him. And, I can't believe the end of February is finally here. It's been so rough for me this time around and I'm really looking forward to March and April for a bunch of reasons. 

No comments: