Friday, March 6, 2015

Weekly Happenings Post #309 (February 23-March 1)-- March Begins with Snow

March is finally here! But....we had another big snow storm. We knew well that this might be our last one so we've been trying to actually really enjoy it. I've been mostly doing that through windows, but I've at least tried not to complain and even in my head to just enjoy the beauty of it.

Peyton didn't have to work until Monday afternoon and we had a nice chill morning. We all slept late and then he made breakfast. I took my bath and got ready and did some laundry and we cleaned up the kitchen. He left and I fed the kids lunch and folded laundry and did more dishes. I uploaded a video to Vimeo and read to them and got Graves settled for rest time. I got on the computer for a bit and then did Annie's English and critical thinking. Graves got up and I started cooking chicken and we did math and I made them some orzo to go with the chicken. I read to them and got them ready for a bath and AP FREAKED OUT because she couldn't take her baby dinosaur in the tub and Graves had a baby one now (they're different brands and one has tiny holes in it so I don't want it submerged). Oh my word, it was awful. SOBBING for a good fifteen minutes. She finally decided to leave him on the edge and once she'd calmed down she told me "Oh, yeah, I just remembered something...babies sink if they fall in the water because they can't swim". I uploaded some pictures and finished cleaning up the kitchen and got them to bed.

On the nights I bathe the children, I get them to go pick out their jams while I clean up supper. Before I started this, they (mostly AP but it was rubbing off on Graves) would stand at their dresser crying because they were SO COLD (but so indecisive). Annie's ensemble here was complete down to the slippers and a coordinating Beanie Baby.

Then I got on the computer until Peyton got home. We ate and chatted and then I sent an email and went to bed. Graves had a nosebleed in the middle of the night and it was both nostrils and took forever for me to get it to stop.

Tuesday was a good day. Peyton was off and we all slept late. I slept really late, actually. We had breakfast and I took a bath. We caught up on a few things around the apartment and then we all got ready to go to the Children's Museum. We ate a light lunch and caught our bus. We had such a good time and left when it closed. We got home and I took the kids' monthly pictures and Peyton went to pick up a pizza. We ate and got the kids to bed and then picked up around the apartment and cleaned up the kitchen. I got on the computer and then we both read a bunch and got ready for bed.

Wednesday was good, but busy. Peyton had the day off and I had a lot of time to myself. I got up before everyone else and got ready and went into the city to talk to Jake, one of our priests that we love, about some things. It was a really good meeting and I came home and Peyton was making some lunch. We all ate and then he took the kids to Walgreens to get money back for our cans. They got home and I was doing laundry. He and AP got ready to go the Bronx and I took Graves downstairs to get the laundry. Graves rested and I got on the computer and did a few things. I couldn't really seem to accomplish much, I was just distracted but Graves played so well by himself. He got up and we fixed spaghetti and then Peyton and Annie got home and I left again for the Olmsted Salon. Camel, the music director at Calvary, sang three Psalms and then Jake spoke about each. The AMAZING thing is that Camel improvised it all. Oh my word, he was amazing. Anyway, I got home and Peyton had the kids in bed and the kitchen cleaned up. We talked and then I emailed a friend and sent a Facebook message. I went to bed pretty early.

The kids slept so late on Thursday and then had breakfast and watched their shows. I got a late start. I did my morning chores and got on the computer and ate breakfast. I planned school and took a bath. Well, I realized that a cat had teeteed in Graves's "nest" (where he piles all his blankets and pillows and stuffed animals). After my bath, I got stuff together and took the kids down to the basement to start laundry. We came back up and did their morning school, changed it over, and had lunch. We went down to get it and then Graves had rest time. I got on the computer and had my lunch and then started school with Annie. We got Graves up and finished and then I fixed them supper. I got them ready for bed and read to them. I got on the computer and Peyton got home. We talked and I finished a post and went to bed.

We had a nice day Friday. Peyton was working again and the kids got up earlier than usual. It helped get our day off to a good start, though. We still watched their shows and then they had breakfast.

One of my favorite of Graves's made up words- used most often in relation to the back of his beloved crocodile, but can be used to describe anything rough and bumpy- is "gribbally grabbally". I so wish my grandmother was still around to talk to him about going to the "Pig-ally Wig-ally" for groceries.

I got on the computer, did my morning chores, planned school and the day, and took my bath. We played and they wanted lunch. They ate and then we did their "morning" school and read some. Graves rested and I started a blog post and ate my lunch. Annie and I did school for a bit and then got Graves up. We finished school and I fed them supper and bathed them. I got on the computer and then Peyton got home. We talked and went to bed.

Saturday was such a fun, busy day. I slept late-ish and then took a bath and got ready. I went into the city to a met a friend who was visiting from Baltimore. We had a blast catching up.

Ashby is a childhood friend from the old neighborhood. We used to have a biking club. I was SO intense and rule-y. I'm still like that way too much. It's good for my soul to be around free-spirit artsy types. 

After brunch, I met Peyton and the kids at the Met. They were having some Chinese New Year festivities and the kids had a blast watching different performances. I'm so glad we went!

The kids both said their favorite was the fan dance. Peyton loved the martial arts and my favorite was the drum dance. We all loved the lion dance. Such a cool celebration!

 The performances ended around five and we had planned to head home. Annie wanted to enjoy the museum some more, though, and Peyton had packed some snacks. We sat down and ate and recharged and then spent about another hour and a half looking around. We had a great time.

At the Met, AP: "I don't recognize what this is". Girlfriend, I don't either.

We headed home and fed the kids and got them to bed. Peyton and I both wanted to relax at that point. We ate and then I got on the computer and he watched a movie. We had another open house the next day and we STARTED cleaning up for it around one. We spent awhile both working on that and then chatted and went to bed. Around three o'clock.

We had to get up to be at TGC early since we were helping set up and I was the "lead" that Sunday (meaning I helped the other teachers get ready and tell them if there are any edits or anything with the curriculum). I got up and took my bath and did a few last minute things around the apartment. We had to hustle, hustle!

This girl, y'all. I'm so proud of her. She walk/ran HALF A MILE. In snow boots. I can't remember what it was, but Peyton said her pace was good for a healthy adult. Signing this chickadee up for a fun run when we get home.

We got to the bus and made it on time. Sunday school went well and it was so good to see our friends (I've missed a lot because of the Forum at CSG and other stuff). Anyway, we were about to leave and our land lady's realtor texted us to see where we were because she lost her key. Ugh. He ended up having to go to his next open house, but we were already trying to rush home. Anyway, Graves fell asleep on the bus.

We transferred him and he slept for a long time. I got on the computer and ate lunch and took a nap myself. We got up and got ready and headed to Calvary early to do our greeter duties. It was a great service, too and we got home and fed the kids and got them to bed.

Peyton Herrington swears he's never buying another child a bed. There never sleep where they are supposed to be. Except I think maybe this is where they're supposed to be. 

Peyton went to bed himself and I got on the computer for a bit.

Found these on my phone. I didn't post them weeks ago because I wanted to surprise Mick and Min. Love how Graves's isn't remotely coherent. Got to get this fella home to them so they can enjoy him before he starts making sense.

This week has been pretty good. It's Peyton's long week, but we've had a good one. We have him to ourselves tomorrow and then it's a weekend without him. And then another short week for him! 

No comments: