Saturday, April 4, 2015

Weekly Happenings Post #313 (March 23-29): The Calm Before the Storm

Well, I'm way behind on this. But we've had a lot going on- Annie's birthday was this week, it's Holy Week and so we've been at church more, and we're really trying to make some headway with the packing. Plus, I've had a lot of other blog stuff I wanted to catch up on. I'm hoping to do my April design and monthly goals and happenings post today and Peyton will write AP's letter (he always does the year ones) early next week. 

Anyway, last week was nice, but not super eventful. It was kind of nice to have a slow week, because the weeks from here on out pick up in various ways (Peyton working a lot, getting ready for the move, and trying to squeeze in some last minute fun in the city). 

I had another awful headache on Monday. I slept as late as I could and then got up and got things ready because someone was coming by to do a home inspection. Thankfully, Peyton was here to help me out. I started laundry and did a few things and then they got here. I didn't realize the buyer was coming and I didn't have it as neat as I would have liked. Peyton took the kids to go up and down the stairs and I tidied their room. They took a LONG time and Peyton had to go to work. I fixed the kids lunch and they finally left. I got my laundry and sent a friend a Facebook message. Graves rested and I had lunch, read some blogs, and and rested again myself.

Instead of doing one face at a time, she did them all. And she showed me "see, I sorted them first. This pile is the noses..." She cracks me up. And she's so much like I was growing up.

 When he got up, I started math with AP. We ended up doing one new lesson and a review and assessment from the end of the book. It was a lot and she got tired by the end (which almost never happens) but we did it.

 Found this shot AP took. He. Is. Grown.

I made them supper and read to them and by the time I got them to bed it was close to ten. I got on the computer until Peyton got home and then we talked a bunch and ate supper. We went to bed earlier than usual.

Peyton was off Tuesday and I woke up with another headache. We had a slow morning but we got ready and headed to The Met for most of the afternoon. It was nice (well nicer than it has been) and we ended up going to a playground (a new one!) later.

We got on a bus and it took a long time to get back to Union Square to catch the Q train (we wanted to avoid walking a good stretch to the train). We ate supper at Smashburger and walked home. It had gotten late and it was really cold. Also, Annie and Graves both tripped. We made it, though, and I straightened a little and read to the kids. Peyton brushed their teeth and got them to bed. I got on the computer, but it was having some issues. I called Minnie and then read a few blogs and went to bed.

Peyton was off again on Wednesday. We got up and all watched a movie and then I cut Peyton's hair(!!!). Then he and Graves went grocery shopping. I took my bath and did math with AP (two lessons, a review, and an assessment- so FOUR lessons). Peyton and Graves got home and Peyton left for the Bronx (Annie wanted to stay home again). I fixed the kids lunch and played with them some and then Graves had rest time. I got on the computer and had my lunch. When rest time was over, I started working on boxing up some things and then Peyton got home. The kids ate supper and played with Peyton a bit and then we got them to bed. I got on the computer a bit and we talked and went to bed.

Peyton worked all day on Thursday. The kids got up and watched their shows and I made them breakfast. It was the first day in a week I hadn't woken up with a headache. I talked to my friend Morgan on the phone and then had my breakfast and got on the computer. I straightened, had my breakfast, and took a bath.

I played with the kids a bit and we did their morning school stuff. I fixed them lunch and did the dishes and boxed up a good bit of my dresser and folded some clothes. I read to the kids and they had rest time. I got on the computer and started a post and read blogs some. I ate my lunch and let Graves get up early and do math with us. It didn't go so great but I think party Annie was just frustrated with a concept that was difficult for her. Graves definitely made it harder for her to concentrate, though. I had planned to knock out a couple of lessons, but ONE lesson took like over an hour. I fixed them supper and folded some more wash and got them ready for bed. I got on the computer and finished my post and did a few things and then Peyton got home. We ate and went to bed.

Peyton worked again on Friday and it was very similar. The kids got up and had breakfast and watched their shows and then I checked my email, straightened, had breakfast, and got my bath. I played with them and we did morning school and then they ate lunch and I did dishes. They had rest time and I mostly read blogs and started a post. Graves got up and we did math again. We got through a lesson, a review, and an assessment. Whew! Graves did have to go back to his room several times. I started some laundry and we cleaned up their toys in their room and in the den. We changed over the laundry and then they had supper. We got the laundry and I got them to bed. I got on the computer and then Peyton got home.

Peyton was off on Saturday and honestly, the day was kind of blah. It was so cold again and we had a nice morning. Peyton fixed breakfast, I got a bath, the kids played. We all hung out and played some and then had lunch and they had rest time. We considered going to a park (we just weren't feeling like doing a museum) but it started SNOWING. We ended up just doing laundry and relaxing around the apartment.

I folded and put up dishes and we fixed the kids supper and got them to bed. Peyton and I talked a good bit, I got some reading in and blogged a bit and then went to bed.

We got up and got going on Sunday. Unfortunately, we were running late and AP needed a bath. We were planning to go to TGC and we were definitely behind when we got to the bus stop. When we got there, we realized that the bus was behind (you can text a number to track the bus in real time). It was going to be like another half hour and Graves wasn't dressed to wait OR to walk to the train station we needed to go to in order to get there. We headed home, fully dressed, and decided to just relax. The kids watched cartoons, I dozed, and Peyton took a second bath since his first had been so rushed. LOLOLOL. We all had lunch and the kids played while we read and did stuff around the apartment. Peyton played with the kids and did dishes and I straightened and swept some. We all got ready and left early for Calvary since we were greeting/ushering. We had a lot of time to visit with folks and that was fun. We also got to prayer with everyone who leads the service. I love it when we get there early enough for that. Annie and Graves were both on the floor playing and both laid down and had their eyes closed for the prayer. They were right up under the cross and it was just such a powerful moment. One guy even included them in his prayers- just their innocence and example. It was special.

The service was special, too, and it was a great Palm Sunday. We visited a little more and then headed home to feed the kids and get them to bed.
Annie made a "crocodila" with her food =)

I put up dishes and cooked us supper and after the kids went to bed I called Minnie and Peyton and I worked on boxing things up. I sent an email and we chatted and went to bed.

This week has been good, but like I said, it's been a lot. Peyton's working alot over the next week and a half- either a full day or a partial one (which for him is eight hours, ha!) every day I think. The good news is April 15th will be here soon and we'll load up the cubes and then he'll be off until he starts work in Mississippi!

No comments: