Friday, October 9, 2015

31 Days of Ordinary Wonder: Going Home


I've had a hard week, physically and emotionally. It's just been draining. Tonight, I really didn't even want to go to my parents' house for our weekly beans and rice dinner. I always look forward to it, but an hour or so before, I really felt like just staying home. Of course, I don't think I've ever wished I hadn't gone once we got there, Peyton and the kids were going, and I was mainly just being cranky.

Within seconds of getting there, I was so thankful. The house was warm and smelled good. Supper tasted better than ever. My parents and the kids are so in love with each other it's always a good reminder why we're back here anyway. Everyone had fun and laughed so hard.

I relaxed after a particularly frustrating day of school with Annie and felt the tension leave my body.

It's good to go home. And it's good to be close enough to it that it can be a weekly endeavor.

No comments: