Friday, October 30, 2015

31 Days of Ordinary Wonder: Sweat and Sweet Smells




I took these a couple of weeks ago as Graves practiced riding his bike for several hours for the third day in a row. Unlike Annie, I'm not used to seeing him concentrate and focus on something so. And to be honest, while he loves life more than almost anyone I know, I rarely find him so interested in a specific thing. It was a pleasure to watch.

He was drenched in sweat and so of course that afternoon he had a bath. That evening he cuddled up with me and his hair smelled so wonderful. It's not often I get a whiff of him that doesn't smell like a stinky little boy and it was such a refreshing gift.

I'm so proud of him and the ways he's growing up but I'm so grateful for those sweet smells on occasion.

No comments: