Friday, November 13, 2015

Babykins #3- Ten Weeks




Pregnancy Highlights

How Far Along: 10 Weeks
Size of baby: (via BabyCenter) Babykins #3 is a little over an inch long and weighs less than a quarter of an ounce. He or she is the size of a kumquat. Yeah, still don't know what that piece of produce even is. 
Total Weight Gain/Loss: Who knows? I told Carrie that I felt like you could already tell I'm pregnant but then I decided it was just the Halloween candy that's showing. I've gained a few pounds, though, I'm sure. 
Maternity Clothes: I can still button my pants but it's not real comfortable. I really don't want to bust out any maternity clothes for a long time, though. I'm really liking leggings and dresses on the go and leggings and t-shirts at home. 
Comparison to Graves:
Gender: I think we may not find out this time! I tell everyone this, but this is so not my usual style. BUT, I've always thought it would be fun and since we have a boy and a girl we have everything we need and we neither one really have a strong preference (although Annie would love a sister and Graves would love a brother, not too shocking). 
Movement: not yet
Sleep: It's not really that great. We've all been pretty sick this past month and I've had lots of restless nights. That seems to be some better, though. 
What I miss: So last time I had cut back to one Coke a day and I did that at first this time, too. Then Peyton told me the caffeine really wasn't that much of an issue this early on and so I'm back to my regular two. Mostly I just miss my energy and not throwing up all the time. 
Cravings: baked potatoes all day every day 
Symptoms: I wish I was a little more detailed with this last time. I thought I was being dramatic at first, but Peyton said this has been BY FAR my hardest pregnancy of the three. I've finally admitted that I just don't do pregnancy that well and it seems to get worse every time. Nothing serious, it's just EXHAUSTING and this time around I've been really, really sick. I actually had a nice stretch of a few days without puking and then this morning I needed to leave the house before eight and I was in the bathroom hugging the toilet. 
Best Moment This Week: I found this ridiculous thermal long underwear I used to wear in Brooklyn. They are so incredibly ugly but the most comfy thing ever. I put them on a few hours ago and I'm wearing them to bed. 
What I Am Looking Forward To: being done with the first trimester. This is what I said on week ten last time, although we had had a little scare with an implantation tear and that put everything else in perspective. That said, there is nothing harder to me than this part. The awful bloated feeling and full on waddling and can't catch your breath last days and those sleepless nights with a newborn have never ever been as hard as the first few months of a pregnancy for me, so I'll be really glad to move on past them. I did realize today that I'm a quarter of the way done and I was so, so grateful! 


No comments: