Thursday, November 26, 2015

Babykins #3- Twelve Weeks



Pregnancy Highlights
How Far Along: 12 Weeks
Size of baby: (via BabyCenter) Babykins #3 is about two inches long, about the size of a lime. He or she is developing reflexes, like being able to curl his or her toes and starting to make a sucking motion!
Total Weight Gain/Loss: Peyton told me this morning that he was kind of worried I had lost some weight. I definitely have little bump at this point, but overall I guess I may have lost some. He said he was a little concerned because I've been SO cold lately (even for me) and I've been really, really tired (but I think that's just this stage of pregnancy). Anyway, I'm going to the doctor on Tuesday and I'll see for sure then.
Maternity Clothes: My FAVORITE stretchy cords still fit (see picture). They're skinny jeans so I thought they wouldn't have made it this far but they have a LOT of stretch. I am really, really hoping not to buy a single maternity item this go round, but I was pregnant at the exact same time the previous two times and this time it's a little later in the year. Mostly, I'm thinking about the Summer. Honestly, the ONE thing I may allow myself to buy is a swimsuit because I do want to be able to enjoy the pool with my people. That's a LONG way off, though.
Gender: Well, we've been going through old baby clothes and purging and Peyton decided he thought maybe it would be worth it to find out the gender just so we could mostly be done with half of them. Annie agreed; Graves (sort of surprisingly) did not. And I know I have at least one best friend who is on Peyton's and AP's side of things :) I told Peyton that I really didn't think I could hold out if he genuinely wanted to find out even if he ended up letting it go. I just feel like I need him to be COMMITTED on this. Obviously, finding out has its benefits and it was fun the past two times, I just really want to do something different!
Movement: not yet
Sleep: It's been better. We've been doing a lot around the house and I've been staying up too late blogging and such. So I do need to do better with that! 
What I miss: my emotions not being SO overwhelming. I'm such an emotional person anyway and sometimes this just feels almost debilitating. I cried so hard tonight when I read a really sad library book (that I've read before actually, so dumb).
Cravings: Well, right now I'm craving some Waldorf salad. Minnie made some for Thanksgiving and I had two servings, but apparently that wasn't enough.
Symptoms: I told Peyton this morning (after throwing up two mornings in a row) that I thought now was about when people turned a corner. He preceded to tell me about a woman from the pharmacy who literally puked every day until her baby was born. Gee thanks, Dude. [I did read in Graves's 12 Week post that it was one of my sickest weeks and so that gives me some hope.]
Best Moment This Week: I'd like to say going through the baby clothes, but actually that's been so overwhelming. It's really organized but it's just TOO MUCH. I did force myself to purge some, but probably not as much as I should have. My best moment was honestly spending time with our families. And a really funny one was when Graves started telling Minnie tonight that "his baby" really likes Coke and Reese's Peanut Butter Cups but what his baby likes isn't always what is good for his baby. Really anytime Graves talks about "his baby" is a good moment.
What I Am Looking Forward To: my doctor's appointment this week! Nothing exciting is happening, but I had to reschedule it and so I'm a couple of weeks late. That's really no big deal right now, but I will be glad to hear the heartbeat and just check in with the doctor.
Comparison to Graves:

No comments: