Thursday, November 12, 2015

SD is Thankful (Days 1-10)


Well, it's that time of the year again! Every year, I find this little exercise of gratitude such a fulfilling discipline. Here's my first ten days of Thankfuls for the month:










Sometimes, I like to add a little extra commentary, so...
* Day 1- I am also grateful that in all my years as a Protestant Christian, we have always attended (Methodist and Episcopal) churches that recognize the first of November, and in general, to varying degrees, the importance of the church calendar. I know that, were we at Northside that week, I could still claim both these blessings and I'm so thankful for our precious liturgy loving Baptist friends now too.
* Day 3- know at some point, I said something very similar last November, but I hope I can say something similar every year. 
* Day 4- We love you to pieces, Judge Roberts. Can't wait to hug your neck!
* Day 6- Don't know who had more fun- us, Mickey and Minnie, or the babies. We ate yummy snacks, visited with friends, and enjoyed a fun band. They made shadow puppets, watched Keyboard Cat on YouTube, and drank Canada Dry. 
* Day 8- Of course, I may be worshiping with the Church Triumphant at that point.#‎TheresNoVomitOrDiarrheaInHeaven‬ [To be clear I waited to go back to church until we were free from the contagious kind of issues (that we were afflicted with for the better part of a MONTH). Gratefully, our current issues are only of the human growing variety.] 
* Day 10- so thankful for these precious days and these precious people.

1 comment:

Rose Maria said...

This is a nice and very helpful post I have enjoyed it from your blog and looking forward to see more from you.
Thanks....!
Our Sizzle Reel